Nearly Live! v Crystal Palace | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v Crystal Palace

Steve from Oz

Vital Football Legend
Thought the redundant would start this a bit earlier than usual over the uncertaintanty and early team news.

There's a limited few Buy Backs available for today's match. Drop by the Ticket Office or call on 0844 826 1902 to purchase.

Norwich v Crystal Palace (1500 GMT)

Early team news from Carrow Road, where Norwich City boss Chris Hughton brings back Sebastien Bassong, striker Johan Elmander, who is on loan from Galatasaray, and Wes Hoolahan after the 2-1 defeat at Newcastle last week.

Hughton says: "Palace have an excellent manager in Tony Pulis. How much work Tony has been able to do with the players and how much they will be lifted by his arrival we don't know yet.

"But they come here on the back of two decent results - a goalless draw against Everton and a 1-0 win at Hull. The emphasis is on us."

here's some informed info - Craig, Fulham fan, Surrey: Fulham will lose today, sack Jol, bring Rene in and survive comfortably. Palace, Stoke and Norwich to go down for me.

Somebody tell him Fulham is below us and Stoke 3 points clear of them - City? just watch - we're climbing today.

So Bassong, Hools and Elmander come in to the run on side, Pilks not in the squad thru injury, Turner and Johnson drop to the bench and Garrido comes onto the bench

For those who haven't seen the other thread, City's current injuries are;

A Pilkington Hamstring Injury 11th Jan 14
R Snodgrass Knee Injury 26th Dec 13
M Bunn Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
A Tettey High Ankle Sprain Feb 14
R Van Wolfswinkel Ankle/Foot Injury 15th Dec 13
E Bennett Knee Injury no return date

Another relegation prediction

Sunderland, Crystal Palace and West Ham, who will look pretty damn stupid next year getting Championship crowds in the Olympic Stadium.

Afternoon Steve. Rare weekend off work for me so can listen to the game. If I knew sooner I could have gone! Oh well. Massive game today, nothing less than a win will suffice. COME ON CITY

BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Norwich v Crystal Palace (1500 GMT)

As we told you earlier, three changes for Norwich as Johan Elmander comes in alongside Gary Hooper up front.

Tony Pulis starts his Crystal Palace reign by making two changes. Yannick Bolasie, sent off in the 1-0 win at Hull last week, is replaced by Jason Puncheon, on loan from Southampton. And striker Dwight Gayle is relegated to the bench as Cameron Jerome, on loan from Pulis's former club Stoke, starts.

Norwich XI: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Fer, Howson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Elmander, Hooper

Palace XI: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome