Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

He is bundling his way through players not with skill but luck. But where is the end product. He still offers nothing.

pjones40 - 14/10/2017 23:23

He is bundling his way through players not with skill but luck. But where is the end product. He still offers nothing.

He recently scored a goal. He generally outruns opponents on the break . He created a chance for Eriksen and caused Bournemouth problems and helped see the game out.

Sissoko has played well this season. He looks sharp and up for it. I can only see him getting better, the more he plays.
I'm never going to knock a guy that is seen to be working hard at his game and trying to prove and improve himself. And he is.

We lack pace and players that go past players. I agree with PJ that he just runs through players rather than using skill but it is quite a useful tool.

He is still nowhere near good enough for where we need to be, but as it stands he is the best back up option we have to Moose, Wana, Lamela. I would play him against Madrid.

I was thinking Madrid for his pace. It could cause them problems. It's a bit crude and basic but he could bundle his way through.

Nick Real Deal - 15/10/2017 15:20

I was thinking Madrid for his pace. It could cause them problems. It's a bit crude and basic but he could bundle his way through.

LOL. This is brilliant. Bundle his way through! I would give him those instructions! Real Madrid - Bundle Soko! Happy sunday.

I think many of us agree Sissoko has the ability in there somewhere, but hasn't had the best time thus far at Spurs.

I believe he'll gain the confidence and belief in himself with game time, but the question is how does he get regular game time without the full confidence of MP and just how long should we wait until he performs to expectation?

When we pay that amount for a player, we, the fans have a right to expect a positive return within a reasonable time frame. When that player comes from an English club and played in the PL then that time frame is reduced, as does our patience.

ScottDaYid - 15/10/2017 21:26

It's pretty hard to bundle your way through Marcelo, Ramos, Varane and co lol

If he bursts forward he will take 2 or 3 RM players with him thus opening space for others to run into. He could get a deflection off a defender or even plant a pass or have a go himself. Even a free kick edge of the box. The bundle thing was tongue in cheek, he is better than that....slightly.

in fairness whilst his bundling isn't skilful it's not all luck, a lot of running straight through a player and coming out the other side the with the ball is also about strength which we know he has. He has definitely been better of late, and I massively prefer him through the middle, but he's still wasteful.

I would start him over winks vs Madrid though I think, just because of that pace on the counter being useful to stretch them. Wish Dembele was fit though.

Law of averages could mean enough bundling produces a deflection to one of our players. It's unpredictable. He may even just get through into the box.

Greavswasthegreatest - 16/10/2017 09:40

More like 'bungle' his way through :2:

I don't think he's ever going to reach the heights that some thought he could with us; but he's contributing and that can and will make a difference this season.

Spursex - 17/10/2017 12:41

Greavswasthegreatest - 16/10/2017 09:40

More like 'bungle' his way through :2:

I don't think he's ever going to reach the heights that some thought he could with us; but he's contributing and that can and will make a difference this season.

he made a difference, just wish he could sort out his first touch... :37:

Being hailed as his best performance in a Spurs shirt. Against the best club side in the world ? Who is responsible for this ? Ultimately the player had to produce it on the pitch I know.

Not sure his song is quite right although he does seem to have woken up along with some fans who see him more favourably now.