Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Moussa Sissoko - Player Thread

Must admit I'm not to fussed about his lack of ability to score goals because it's obvious to anyone who knows the game that isn't his game or one of his strength's.

He is a CM that is strong, has some pace, can bull doze his way past players, okay at passing and tackling. That's his lot.

I want him gone as he is a mercenary however I think he will be needed this season as we didn't bring in the CM Poch clearly wanted. Might as well use him. As a CM I think he can add something.

One good ish game does not a player make......he is a liability and will continue to be a liability, he doesn't have a first touch, stumbles with the ball, just a liability and why Poch would put him on the field baffles me and most people I know

total spurs - 14/9/2017 21:52

One good ish game does not a player make......he is a liability and will continue to be a liability, he doesn't have a first touch, stumbles with the ball, just a liability and why Poch would put him on the field baffles me and most people I know

Cant argue with that assessment....have been saying it for yonks...he is taking a place up when he should be offski. Poor love having a loss of confidence earning thousands a week. if most if us on here performed at work week in week out to that stadard we would be sacked!

All i want for christmas is shitsokko gone, shitsokko gone...... :8:

Let's look at some of the possible reasons Poch plays him .

He can be fresh legs sub.
He needs to be in the shop window.
He can do a job as shown against Everton.
Poch is clueless.

You decide.

Spurs due to injuries only had 18 1st team players available vs Everton. Sisoko has to be used for the time being unless spurs promote an academy player into the squad ahead of him which would not be sensible. Sisoko will be sold in Jan or the summer in the mean time he has do a job as a squad player and it's up to MP to get a tune out of him.

I also think Winks is probably still catching up on where he was pre injury last season fitness and form wise so in the meantime Sissoko who has had a full pre season will get the nod. Soon as Winksy is back to 100% I think we'll see him over Sissy more often.

Winks was saying in pre season he was still getting pain in his ankle. Will probably take the rest of the year to fully heal.

Nick Real Deal - 15/9/2017 09:39

Let's look at some of the possible reasons Poch plays him .

He can be fresh legs sub.
He needs to be in the shop window.
He can do a job as shown against Everton.
Poch is clueless.

You decide.

Fresh legs sub......Yes BUT a stumbling bumbling liability .....with fresh legs
Shop window.....Yes BUT anyone seeing him perform for us will most likely be put off buying him, let others think he may not be 'all that' without us playing him and proving he is not 'all that'
Do a job.....Yes BUT.....honestly how many times has he actually come in/started and done that
Poch is clueless.....Yes (many many times) BUT he doesn't have to keep proving it

Moussa Sissoko focused on keeping good form up and explains what is different from last season

The midfielder looks in much better form this campaign than last

ByAdam Jones

06:30, 28 SEP 2017

Moussa Sissoko is staying focused on keeping his good form for Spurs up - and has explained what the difference is in him this season.

The midfielder came in for a lot of stick from Tottenham fans last season after a string of disappointing performances following his big-money move from Newcastle United in the previous summer.

However, despite rumours that he could be sold in the latest transfer window, Sissoko has seemingly turned his time at Spurs around with some good performances.

The latest of those came against APOEL Nicosia - and the midfielder took the time to explain why things are different for him this campaign.

"Since the beginning of the season I’m playing a lot and I’m happy," Sissoko told the club's official website.

Moussa Sissoko impressed for Spurs

"Like I said, I had a good pre-season so that has made a difference. Then when you play you get more confidence game by game and it’s easier to play with these players.

I’m very happy at the moment and I hope to improve more. It’s a great moment for me and I want it to keep going like that. I will try to do more and more every game.

"The season is still long and I need to stay focused, train hard and to give everything."

Big Chiv - 15/9/2017 21:37

He's a joke for 30 mil.

Anyone trying to defend him is having a laugh .

He was probably too much money but we are not running the business. I look at his performance on the pitch , not his cost. Any vitriol should be directed at who signed him . It's not cut and dried though because he is improving and covering injuries for us . He has some value outside of money.

His strong running is beginning to be a real asset; it pulls defenders out of position and he isn't easy to stop.

Very fortunate first goal, but if he hadn't made the gut busting run and putting himself into that position, he wouldn't have had the luck of forcing the defender into an error.

He's contributing now and looking better than he did - and that's a plus.

If we'd signed him for £13M I think he'd now be offering enough value that the complaints would have ceased. He's still behind several in the pecking order for me but is proving an adequate stop gap while we have injuries.

Depending on who you believe we may never pay anywhere near 30M for him anyway so I'm down to hope he keeps improving.

Does beg the question how many other players who have been written off over the years might have stepped up given the opportunity to develop over a run of games after a full pre season rather than being expected to pull up trees in cameos.

freundorfoe - 2/10/2017 10:22

If we'd signed him for £13M I think he'd now be offering enough value that the complaints would have ceased. He's still behind several in the pecking order for me but is proving an adequate stop gap while we have injuries.

Depending on who you believe we may never pay anywhere near 30M for him anyway so I'm down to hope he keeps improving.

Does beg the question how many other players who have been written off over the years might have stepped up given the opportunity to develop over a run of games after a full pre season rather than being expected to pull up trees in cameos.

So far, I'm very very certain that we've 'only' paid £18 mill for him; the rest is all based on some rather big targets/achievements...

IN fairness it's a good point about righting him off, an awful lot of posters here had written Son off in his first season - and then look at what he did...

It's interesting to see him burst forward centrally rather from the wing. He creates more panic in the defence understandably. If he is used to his strengths he should create more and even score a few. So far he has been used in quite a few positions which indicates his versatility if not his prowess.

This has been running through my head for a while now. Rod Stewart.

His first touch is his last touch
Baby I know his first touch is his last touch
But when it comes to scoring goals he's cursed
When it comes to kicking balls he's the worst
I don't want you in the side
I just can't dry the tears you've made me cry
And I'm sure Poch is giving you a try
And if you try to score again I will die
You'll try to score again I just know

Repeat

80deg16minW - 2/10/2017 14:53

This has been running through my head for a while now. Rod Stewart.

His first touch is his last touch
Baby I know his first touch is his last touch
But when it comes to scoring goals he's cursed
When it comes to kicking balls he's the worst
I don't want you in the side
I just can't dry the tears you've made me cry
And I'm sure Poch is giving you a try
And if you try to score again I will die
You'll try to score again I just know

Repeat

When you come to the new stadium as my guest, promise me you won't sing...