Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

I'm very sceptical about the level of ambition to be honest.
Yes we're having a half decent season but I do think we're over achieving.
Sabri is doing a solid job with what he's got available.

I agree. The club haven't really put their hands in the pocket much when you consider the transfers out. Iv no doubt they will cash in as well during the summer on cash and/or worrall.

We had a chance and we blew it

Anyone who thinks this season hasn’t been a success needs to really think about reality. The window wasn’t a disaster either, If we’d have won 1-0 yesterday this Fred (PMSL) wouldn’t have been written.
, we are arguably worse than last season and the transfer window they had 6 months to plan for was a non event. the transfer dealings REMAIN a joke. I stick to Fawaz was better opinion

And on top of that, we let two strikers go in the summer who absolutely would be useful assets to us in solving some of our problems right now.

Letting players go without adequately replacing them (as we have done again with Chema and Adomah) is plain bad business.
and ozzie who was our top assists and player of year 2018?

, we are arguably worse than last season and the transfer window they had 6 months to plan for was a non event. the transfer dealings REMAIN a joke. I stick to Fawaz was better opinion

Arguably worse than last season - The table tells a different story
Better with Fawaz? - I don't recall hearing about wages or bills not being paid

Is this seriously your opinion?

Well if the stats re last season are correct we are improving and heading in the right direction which may mean as far as the Board/owners are concerned everything is on track and the plan is being executed.

However, of course this is not communicated, so we are left to speculate.

I wonder though what kind of a plan has the work of the manager potentially hanging in the balance as his contract expires at the end of the season? Again this may be a non-issue but we don’t know that. There must be clubs tempted to make him an offer?

Which brings me to recruitment, and the January window particularly. Football can be precarious – the manager leaves, our best players throw in transfer requests etc etc so why not try to take advantage of a situation presented? Top two was up for grabs and I’m very disappointed with the recruitment. Did a professional football club really pay £8/9m for Diakhaby presumably making him comfortably well off at 23? What a fucked up sport this can be.

I feel for the manager, it’s obvious we don’t have the depth to challenge. But maybe he knows the plan and is happy with it – new contract for him agreed, summer investment and so on.

As a fan though I think this season will be one of what if……….?

We've clearly been looking at recruitment not just for immediate first team usage, so - there appears a longer term plan.

There will always be transfers that don't work out, for a multitude of reasons - Da Costa could prove an astute signing, but he was known to have had injury problems this season - which, makes you question that acquisition.

Tyler being recalled was ok by me.

It's wrong to judge Bong & Jenkinson given their limited game time.

We don't know the financial situation but I have a feeling that we just weren't in a position to spend big money, perhaps we could be in the summer when numerous contracts expire?

As it stands, we are doing better than I'd hoped - especially after losing on the opening day.

We don't know the financial situation but I have a feeling that we just weren't in a position to spend big money, perhaps we could be in the summer when numerous contracts expire?

I suspect if there is a plan to spash cash at any point in the future it would be the summer of the 2021/22 season when the is shiney new stand to fill, regardless of what league we're in.

I suspect if there is a plan to spash cash at any point in the future it would be the summer of the 2021/22 season when the is shiney new stand to fill, regardless of what league we're in.

Possibly, I think we're moving in the right direction and can't see us being frivolous - just building on the squad we have.

Lamouchi is the key, we need him to have his contract extended because he will be crucial with regard to the decisions for acquisition/disposals.

Muric, Bostock, Semedo, Diakhaby will all be returned to their parent clubs. Adomah released?

Watson & Ameobi may well be offered contract extensions.

Dawson, Clough, Loony, Pants, Bridcutt & Steele will all be off the payroll too.

Yet another busy summer ahead, but Lamouchi contract has to be the current priority!

Grabban is pushing on . They will need to spend on two decent strikers in the summer.

Watson is pushing on and sow is another Hobbs.

We had a chance to go for it and we sign a huddersfield reject and a non scoring striker.

We got Hobbs off the books a while ago, I think.

Can't be sure though - we've had some players on the books for years tat haven't had a game.

Diakhaby is dire, however da costas had about 10mins so far, and was injured yesterday.

I’d reserve judgment until he’s played at least one half of football, then, obviously it’ll be clear whether he’ll be shit or not.

Whilst I agree, here's here for 12 more games, and has already been here for 6.

He's 33% into his time with us, so I think that's enough time to judge tbh. He's not here long term, not a youth product we're developing for ourselves, which is what buys players time IMO.

We needed quality to hit the ground running in Jan. We didn't get it.

With Grabban & Ameobi starting to look tired, I can't help but fear the worst tbh.

And on top of that, we let two strikers go in the summer who absolutely would be useful assets to us in solving some of our problems right now.

Letting players go without adequately replacing them (as we have done again with Chema and Adomah) is plain bad business.

Not to mention Osborn, who would provide better cover at LB, LM, AM & DM than most the options we do have.

Hell I think he'd fit in at AM great in Sab's system, and I'd even sooner have him at RB than Jenks.

I'd much sooner have Osborn here + 1m in the bank, than Da Costa & Jenks.

After 34 games last season we had 50 points - we currently have 56. Last season we finished on 66 points, and in 9th, 8 points behind Direby in 6th place.
Thnks, so we r 6 points better off... we just need another 11 points to better last season. BUT, if we finish 7th would it make much difference?

Last edited:

I agree. Although I can see some cash 20/21 with more if plan on course 21/22. Sitting in the board room over the close season (not that I did) I feel the plan was to steadily improve, possibly with a shot via play offs. The city ground rebuild is the main priority and to be financially stable. We had to gamble on the transfer front with Jenx, £2m because Cash at RB looked a gamble and later another £2m cover in case Grabban gets injured but otherwise it was stick to the plan. It maybe De Costa is viewed as long term, and they knew he had injury problem this season but can be sorted over the summer???

Modesto and Anjio looking around Europe for talent under 23, possibly U 18. Their energies are looking long term not immediate. Expect a trickle of young talent coming in to join U 23 side. Also expect a lot of young lads out on loan to lge1 and 2 sides.

Lots of contracts coming to end. Strengthen over the summer and kick on with auto’s the target and big ground to fill. Danger is likes of Cash and Worrall moving on but they are both Forest boys. Career wise another 12 months in championship would be good for them rather than on bench in premiership. If they do go then it will be big money and re- invest.

Feel the side has been set up by SL to fit strengths of present first 11. With some additions in certain positions we could set up differently, to negate our Achilles heel of home form and creativity. From Xmas 2020 they will want to be selling 30,000+ tickets so small investment required.

The under lying message has been stick to the strategy and plan. Get planning permission agreed this week. That firms up the overall priority. Expect shortly after a new contract for SL. Forest have then strengthened foundations for steady rebuild and growth.

The other positive is WBA and Leeds were always likely to be in auto’s this season. Likely via playoffs, not in this order, areForest then Brentford or Fulham. Do we fear the three coming down? No. Parachute payments are not going to solve their problems. The division will be a lot weaker next season and more of the remaining championship clubs will be financially handicapped by ffp and the way they have spent over the past 3 years. Few have the finically manoeuvrability of Forest.

I also am unconvinced if we were to go up this season we have the necessary structures and squad in place to maintain our stay in premiership. Overall I am happy with progress. Let’s see what this week brings from RBC.

I agree. Although I can see some cash 20/21 with more if plan on course 21/22. Sitting in the board room over the close season (not that I did) I feel the plan was to steadily improve, possibly with a shot via play offs. The city ground rebuild is the main priority and to be financially stable. We had to gamble on the transfer front with Jenx, £2m because Cash at RB looked a gamble and later another £2m cover in case Grabban gets injured but otherwise it was stick to the plan. It maybe De Costa is viewed as long term, and they knew he had injury problem this season but can be sorted over the summer???

Modesto and Anjio looking around Europe for talent under 23, possibly U 18. Their energies are looking long term not immediate. Expect a trickle of young talent coming in to join U 23 side. Also expect a lot of young lads out on loan to lge1 and 2 sides.

Lots of contracts coming to end. Strengthen over the summer and kick on with auto’s the target and big ground to fill. Danger is likes of Cash and Worrall moving on but they are both Forest boys. Career wise another 12 months in championship would be good for them rather than on bench in premiership. If they do go then it will be big money and re- invest.

Feel the side has been set up by SL to fit strengths of present first 11. With some additions in certain positions we could set up differently, to negate our Achilles heel of home form and creativity. From Xmas 2020 they will want to be selling 30,000+ tickets so small investment required.

The under lying message has been stick to the strategy and plan. Get planning permission agreed this week. That firms up the overall priority. Expect shortly after a new contract for SL. Forest have then strengthened foundations for steady rebuild and growth.

The other positive is WBA and Leeds were always likely to be in auto’s this season. Likely via playoffs, not in this order, areForest then Brentford or Fulham. Do we fear the three coming down? No. Parachute payments are not going to solve their problems. The division will be a lot weaker next season and more of the remaining championship clubs will be financially handicapped by ffp and the way they have spent over the past 3 years. Few have the finically manoeuvrability of Forest.

I also am unconvinced if we were to go up this season we have the necessary structures and squad in place to maintain our stay in premiership. Overall I am happy with progress. Let’s see what this week brings from RBC.

Depending on who comes down, I would expect the sides coming down (apart from Norwich perhaps) to be stronger than Leeds and at least equal to WBA.

Thats why I have been watching the progress on the new main stand. It is absolutely crucial to the future of the club. If planning is turned down I think we can say goodbye to a decent owner, get it built and we have a decent owner on board for the long term. To be honest it has surprised me from day 1 of the announcement the apparent lack of interest about it on here.

I agree. The club haven't really put their hands in the pocket much when you consider the transfers out. Iv no doubt they will cash in as well during the summer on cash and/or worrall.

We had a chance and we blew it
Mate of mine stayed at Harts hotel in Nottingham with his missus after the QPR game and Ben Watson was staying there. They got chatting and had breakfast together the next day .
Even Watson said we haven't spent nothing apparently.