Millwall v Villa, Sat. 6th Oct. 3pm kick off | Page 18 | Vital Football

Millwall v Villa, Sat. 6th Oct. 3pm kick off

No, did not say that did I. You state how bad Bruce was but he did get us to a play off final. No doubt the man made mistakes, especially in the summer transfer window, but the notion he was shit since he came here is nonsense.

He should have gone after his first season as the writing was on the wall for all to see.

He got us to a Playoff final and then bottled it with a negative no show so he should have gone after that.

Therefore the legacy he leaves is shit because all he leaves us with is his own failure to achieve what he was brought in the club to do and a shambles of an unbalanced squad for the new manager to try and work on.

Yes, you couldn't possibly blame any of his 10 hardworking fast moving skilful teammates. You couldn't make it up mate

Yes it's the easy way out for the other players. Not sure what to do with the ball ? Give it Jack he is always willing and can control it. Don't matter if he is surrounded by the opposition we will give it to him anyway and hope.

The thing with Grealish is he doesn’t need to always have 3-4 touches, spin, turn back on himself, 2-3 touches, spin then pass.

Just control it, get it out your feet, move the ball on, be an option and go again 5 yards further up the pitch.

Every game he plays we sacrifice a game where we could’ve played two up top - he has to be in a three in the middle especially somewhere like Milwall. Tammy was far too isolated, apparently we had 6 shots where Milwall (who everyone including me said before the match were shit) had something like 18. I believe he won the free kick for the goal and he played a part in the chance for Bree, we need to be creating 5,6,7 clear chances a game but we’re lucky to get a few.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a huge talent, the amount of touches he has is incredible and was marked tightly today as he is most weeks. He has so many touches in non-dangerous positions you get him into a good position and he’s almost got touch fatigue he’s had to work so hard to get into the position.

I want the guy to be a hero, technically he’s gifted but he needs proper coaching for his own good and ours if we want £45m for him one day.

The players treat the ball like a hot potato and give it to Grealish who is these days double marked and generally is hacked down but at least he tries to do something.

You would think the players would take more responsibility for themselves, take advantage of more space as Jack has 2 players around him but they don't.

Yes, I wholly agree he needs some coaching to improve his all-around game but his teammates need to do more for themselves and start acting and playing as a collective team.

At the moment we must tactically be the easiest team in the whole championship to work out.

I can't remember a worse defensive unit in all my years of watching Villa and I've seen some right donkeys. When I think about the centre halves I've seen gracing the shirt over the years and contrast them with this lightweight shower I could cry.

That is the whole problem Ironside we only have one CB and he was suspended I doubt that that we can really blame Bree if he was asked to step up the other options were probably no better e.g. Hutton I agree it is a mess my friend no point us going over Bruce again, but given the current circumstance, we will at least have Chester back for the next game, its a case of hoping him and Axle stay fit till January.

Yep Thomas, I don’t see why Elmo played above Bolasie - Grealish could surely find gaps for Bolasie all day long. On the left side we had Conor ‘no pace’ Hourihane so that didn’t work either.

I also think full backs are vitally important in an attacking team but both of ours are bottlejobs.

Grealish in 12 games has 1 assist (in the first game) and no goals. That is underachieving by any standard. That is partly down to Grealish taking too many touches and holding onto the ball for too long, but also down to the rest of the team who don’t give him an option and to Bruce playing him too deep or on the wing.

We need to get far more out of Grealish as the likes of Dack, Barnes, Mount etc have outperformed him by a country mile to date. Grealish should be getting 10 goals and 10 assists in this league. Hopefully a better coach who plays him off the striker(s) where he can have a real effect on games, and who can instil some movement in the other players, can help him achieve his potential.

Made zero sense sacking Bruce before today's game. Just seems like a mad knee jerk reaction.

Really? I mean really? The mess we're in currently is all of his own making. The defence, the lack of any ideas in attack bar give it to grealish and hope he wins a free kick. But I forgot, he's a nice bloke and an old school man's man or some bollocks so nothings his fault. Let's bring him back then. In Bruce we trust.

Apparently we've played all of the bottom 6 and won 2 against them. We've really fucked up what could have been a much easier start to this season.

What matters is we finally will have a new manager for the next match and hopefully we will see something different to the garbage dished up by the previous manager. If that is a rookie, so be it, at least he will want to try and prove something , rather than gobbing off about what he did in a previous life. We have a good enough squad that has not been used correctly, i think any of us could make a better job of that.

Not a bad service station that. Not as good as Gloucester services on the M5 though
Yes it's a decent one....even has a big screen showing the footy....though the afternoon of football depression continued as we sat down slightly cheered by the fact that Man U were suffering as much as us....only to see them then score 3 in 20 mins!
As for us.....shambolic. Started quite brightly but absolutely nothing from 15th minute onwards. For me only highlights how desperate we are for a change of direction. A team of individuals at present. What the hell they've been working on at Bodymoor for the past 3 months is anyone's guess!

Grealish in 12 games has 1 assist (in the first game) and no goals. That is underachieving by any standard. That is partly down to Grealish taking too many touches and holding onto the ball for too long, but also down to the rest of the team who don’t give him an option and to Bruce playing him too deep or on the wing.

We need to get far more out of Grealish as the likes of Dack, Barnes, Mount etc have outperformed him by a country mile to date. Grealish should be getting 10 goals and 10 assists in this league. Hopefully a better coach who plays him off the striker(s) where he can have a real effect on games, and who can instil some movement in the other players, can help him achieve his potential.

I think most of the goals we score from free kicks are won by Grealish but they don't count as "Assists". Two things that piss me off are the words "assist " and the "Group" that have crept into football over the last few years. It's a team game and Jack is playing on his own because the rest can't play at all.
Hopefully, the new boss will build a team around him not try and fit all his favourites into the same team

Yes, I thought we would never see such a poor defence as that containing Lescott, Richards and Guzan, but this is a real "hold my beer" moment :ROFLMAO:

I was surprised at the end of August how few people were totally outraged by the lack of central defenders. The day that loan window "slammed shut" was the day I wanted Bruce out ASAP. It's going to take a bloody good manager to deal with our defensive frailties, if I may call them that.

68 points from remaining 34 games will match our total from last season ;) Unlikely!

42 goals conceded in 46 games last season. I think we will pass that by mid December :eek!: