Millwall v Villa, Sat. 6th Oct. 3pm kick off | Page 17 | Vital Football

Millwall v Villa, Sat. 6th Oct. 3pm kick off

Today was a write off, can't read anything from that result other than what we already knew before that this squad does not perform as a unit. We say that we have the players and the makings of good team. Well what we do have is good individuals who are not performing anywhere near to the levels expected of them. Whoever the new man is he needs a belief and a way of playing that all must buy into so we can be greater than the sum of our parts. The defence is a worry though, Brucey left us short there.

On balance
Allardyce s claret and blue army. He sorted Palace and Everton out in no time.

On balance I think you are right.. Big Sam would transform performances. Maybe to the extent that promotion would happen this season.

Thereafter, once n the EPL... I get the feeling the owners may want to ditch for a new high profile manager.

Maybe when it's organised and gel could be...yes lack in in defence..but players thr just need sorting in thr right places... all over place at mo...we are Gloria Gaynor..we will survive..not going up....we don't need too either

I wasn't being serious, I hope you realise? I'm just lost for words at the moment, been brainwashed by Bruce's constant repetitive post-match interviews!!

The players lack any bottle to fight and give 100% for a manager and more importantly collectively for themselves and it has been that way for a very long time now.

And yet you still get these media clowns saying what a good man manager and motivator Bruce is:lol::rotfl:

Even before this new manager and his assistants start they have my sympathy and patience in allowing them the time to start work on the pitch and drill it into the player's heads that this is a team game and we all need to be in it together giving 110% for the manager and fellow teammates.

I thought I had finished moaning about Bruce and his useless assistants but the legacy/shambles he has left should never be forgotten.

The players lack any bottle to fight and give 100% for a manager and more importantly collectively for themselves and it has been that way for a very long time now.

And yet you still get these media clowns saying what a good man manager and motivator Bruce is:lol::rotfl:

Even before this new manager and his assistants start they have my sympathy and patience in allowing them the time to start work on the pitch and drill it into the player's heads that this is a team game and we all need to be in it together.

I thought I had finished moaning about Bruce and his useless assistants but the legacy/shambles he has left should never be forgotten.

No worse than the previous seven managers, in fact Bruce got the team fighting for each other last season. If your looking for a legacy to blame then look no further than Lerner, a chapter in the history of the club that will go down in infamy.

No worse than the previous seven managers, in fact Bruce got the team fighting for each other last season. If your looking for a legacy to blame then look no further than Lerner, a chapter in the history of the club that will go down in infamy.

Nothing can deflect from how bad Bruce was and Lerner was well gone before Bruce arrived.

As for Bruce getting the players fighting for each other in a Villa shirt then we must have been watching different games. In fact, he used to go red in the face during games screaming at them as they just ignored him and continued to swanny around the pitch.

If you feel Bruce is blameless in all this then that's an opinion that I think is ridiculous.

Last edited:
No, did not say that did I. You state how bad Bruce was but he did get us to a play off final. No doubt the man made mistakes, especially in the summer transfer window, but the notion he was shit since he came here is nonsense.

This season we have had no leadership on or off the pitch. The squad that Bruce has left is totally unbalanced and there are too many just coasting along. We have some good individuals and some mediocre individuals but no team. It will take an excellent manager to suddenly turn that into a team that will genuinely challenge for promotion.

The defence is the worst that I have seen in Villa shirts so, given the better teams that are coming up, I don’t see us being anywhere near the top 6 by the start of next year. We will need a big improvement to even get 20 points from the 13 games before the start of 2019. We would then need further improvement as it would another 40+ points from the last 21 games to make the play offs. I think we need a miracle.

I can't remember a worse defensive unit in all my years of watching Villa and I've seen some right donkeys. When I think about the centre halves I've seen gracing the shirt over the years and contrast them with this lightweight shower I could cry.