Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Well the ITK speculation now is he has four games to turn it around, or we're cutting our losses. May be BS again, but it would make sense.

Supposedly we've upped our efforts to review alternatives should the worst happen.
I hope it's TRUE he wont turn round jack.

Sure, be a man - take responsibility, that's the easy part, but if his riddles and doublespeak (yet again) is to be believed; did he really start this season with out any clear short, medium and long-term goals?

He's cornered and once again we hear him using the euphemistic 'the club' rather than lead from the front and talk about what goals he has set?!

Seriously, only now he says the 'club' should design a new project?! WTF is he on - does he think we're all swallowing this nonsense still?

Sport Champions League

Thursday 3 October 2019
Pochettino: Every Spurs player must be a man
Mauricio Pochettino. Photo: Getty Images
Mauricio Pochettino. Photo: Getty Images

October 3 2019 2:30 AM

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's players must stick together and challenged each of them to "be a man" to bounce back from their humiliating 7-2 Champions League hammering by Bayern Munich.

The Spurs boss will today hold an inquest into Tuesday's embarrassing Group B loss at the hands of the Bundelisga champions.

Bayern blitzed the stunned hosts with five second-half goals, four of which were scored by former Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry.

The defeat was the heaviest of Pochettino's reign and the first time Tottenham had conceded seven goals in a home match.

"This type of situation happens and you need to show your quality like a man first - to face like a professional is like a man," said Pochettino.

"We need to try to move on because I think it's more psychological now."

Pochettino, who guided Spurs to last season's Champions League final in Madrid, also repeated calls for the club to establish objectives.

"I told you a few months ago that it's going to be a tough season," he said.

"For me, after the final of the Champions League it was a chapter closed and now the club is in a period that they need to open another chapter and design a project, medium or long-term."
You would think with offices next door to each other, he would know what his objectives were, or he could just ask? Totally baffling what he's spewing out.

You would think with offices next door to each other, he would know what his objectives were, or he could just ask? Totally baffling what he's spewing out.

lol - we all know Poch's objectives.

OPTIMISE REVENUE by getting in Top 4, and try and stay in CL for as long as possible. Don't stress about domestic cups.

You always get the outside-in impression that Levy's isn't qualified to go much deeper than that though on "football". It's a tough topic for him :-)

He's not won trophies without an insane budget for a long time. There's also more competition from better managers than him in England than he's had for most of his successes and he can set a team back several years when he leaves... I wouldn't say he'd be guaranteed to win a trophy here

He's not won trophies without an insane budget for a long time. There's also more competition from better managers than him in England than he's had for most of his successes and he can set a team back several years when he leaves... I wouldn't say he'd be guaranteed to win a trophy here

He had a fairly average team at Utd and even with some of the signings made they were never as good as us and yet still managed to win the League Cup and Europa League.

He's a winner and especially how his last job ended I think he'd have the fire left to prove a lot of people wrong.

Give me Mourinho for 2 years over someone like Howe (who I rate) for the next 5 years. I bet they'd be more success in Mourinho's time, although Levy will definitely go for Howe if given the choice.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...eague/11827118/poch-vows-to-fight-on-at-spurs

When you watch the above; see if you can spot the tell-tale signs of saying one thing, yet his body language (head shaking) and eyes tell another story...

You can say 'positive' things in response to an answer, but the subtle shaking of the head and where the eyes dart to cannot be controlled - so he's saying something he simply doesn't believe to be true....

Our tactics, style of play and fight/effort have all been poor so far this season, although not in every game. Poch has turned things around after bad spells previously, and I want him to do well. That being said this period of poor play has gone on for a lot longer than any previous bad spells. Poch needs a rethink and to return to the ethos that brought us success in his first couple of seasons. I want to see us fighting, getting 8 players booked every game if necessary. I want to see subs who are coming on for the last half hour of games covering the pitch like men possessed and using their freshness to our advantage, not trotting around like they just played the first half

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...eague/11827118/poch-vows-to-fight-on-at-spurs

When you watch the above; see if you can spot the tell-tale signs of saying one thing, yet his body language (head shaking) and eyes tell another story...

You can say 'positive' things in response to an answer, but the subtle shaking of the head and where the eyes dart to cannot be controlled - so he's saying something he simply doesn't believe to be true....

I watched the full conference and some of the questions are so pathetic. Was that the worst you have felt in your career ? What will your team talk be at Brighton ? How are you going to keep a clean sheet ? Have you got leaders on the pitch ? Did you feel like resigning after Bayern ? Did you feel the same as Bayern after the 5-1 against Newcastle ?.

I would have asked if Dier needs to play to help the defence ? Will KWP be getting games in front of Sanchez, Foyth and Sissoko who are not RBs.? Are you going to continue with the diamond ? Did the summer signings address the issues in the team and do you expect more in January ?

I watched the full conference and some of the questions are so pathetic. Was that the worst you have felt in your career ? What will your team talk be at Brighton ? How are you going to keep a clean sheet ? Have you got leaders on the pitch ? Did you feel like resigning after Bayern ? Did you feel the same as Bayern after the 5-1 against Newcastle ?.

I would have asked if Dier needs to play to help the defence ? Will KWP be getting games in front of Sanchez, Foyth and Sissoko who are not RBs.? Are you going to continue with the diamond ? Did the summer signings address the issues in the team and do you expect more in January ?

In cricketing terms, all these 'journalists' did was bowl underarm.