• Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Serge and Rose are attacking wing backs

Why would you play a formation that leaves no cover when they go forward?

They where terrible - but it’s the formation that doesn’t help

I agree completely... but Serge stopped fucking trying. I saw each attack that lead to the goal coming from a mile off... So I'm sure he did too, but he didn't care to do anything about it.

I agree completely... but Serge stopped fucking trying. I saw each attack that lead to the goal coming from a mile off... So I'm sure he did too, but he didn't care to do anything about it.

Again not making excuses for him

But I’ve never ever seen a formation with attacking full backs that didn’t have a DM cross over for him.

Maybe he assumed someone would?

Sadly he’s proving me wrong as I was one taht wanted him to be given a chance

"Sources have told ESPN FC that some senior players are not happy with the tactical systems, starting with the diamond midfield 4-3-1-2, recently used by Pochettino. It enables Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane to play together up front but the midfield is more exposed, as are the flanks, and Spurs have only kept two clean sheets this season (against Crystal Palace and Colchester) in 10 matches in all competitions.

Then there is the flat 4-4-2, also used this season, which left Tottenham too weak in central midfield, as we saw against Arsenal. Against Bayern, Pochettino started with a 4-3-1-2 and then moved to a 4-4-2 after 30 minutes when his team started to struggle. Neither worked. "We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield," Moussa Sissoko admitted on French TV channel RMC Sport on Tuesday night.

The players also don't understand why Pochettino has told them to dial back the pressing, a tactic that was a success last season."

He’s lost them

Unless they drug themselves again.

Whatever happened to this:

Premier League clubs issue statements over ‘false’ doping allegations

This article is more than 3 years old
• Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea strongly reject claims made in report
• Government has ordered an inquiry into doping allegations

Guardian sport and Press Association
Sun 3 Apr 2016 17.46 BST Last modified on Wed 1 Mar 2017 08.37 GMT

Shares

The government has ordered an independent inquiry into the UK anti-doping watchdog Ukad over the allegations. Photograph: Alamy

Leicester City, Arsenal and Chelsea have all issued statements rejecting “false” doping allegations made in a Sunday Times report.
The Sunday Times said that a private doctor, Mark Bonar, claims to have prescribed banned performance-enhancing drugs to over 150 British athletes, including footballers.
According to the paper, which secretly filmed the doctor, Bonar claims he has treated “a few footballers” who have been or are currently members of the playing staff of Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City and Birmingham City players.
3000.jpg

UK Anti-Doping to review failure to flag doctor accused of providing banned drugs

Read more

There is no independent evidence that players from any of these clubs have been treated by Dr Bonar and no evidence that the clubs were aware of any relationship between the doctor and any of its players, or of any alleged drug use. Bonar told the Sunday Times his work did not breach General Medical Council (GMC) rules and that it was athletes’ responsibility to ensure they did not take banned drugs.

“Leicester City Football Club is extremely disappointed that The Sunday Times has published unsubstantiated allegations referring to players from clubs including Leicester City when, on its own admission, it has insufficient evidence to support the claims,” said a statement from the Premier League leaders.

“Leicester City follows robust and comprehensive anti-doping protocols to ensure its full compliance and that of its players with all anti-doping rules and regulations.”

As part of the service he was offering, Dr Bonar is said to have introduced undercover reporters to a former Chelsea fitness coach, although there is no suggestion the coach in question was involved in the alleged treatment, or evidence that the coach referred players that Bonar claims to have treated.

“The claims The Sunday Times put to us are false and entirely without foundation,” said a Chelsea statement. “Chelsea Football Club has never used the services of Dr Bonar and has no knowledge or record of any of our players having been treated by him or using his services.

“We take the issue of performance-enhancing drugs in sport extremely seriously and comply fully with all anti-doping rules and regulations. Chelsea FC players are regularly and rigorously tested by the relevant authorities.”

615.jpg

Mark Bonar: doctor at centre of doping allegations in sport

Read more

Arsenal were similarly dismissive of the allegations: “Arsenal Football Club is extremely disappointed by the publication of these false claims which are without foundation,” said a statement. “The club takes its responsibilities in this area very seriously and our players are well aware of what is expected. We strictly adhere to all guidelines set by the World Anti-Doping Agency.”

BBC Sport has reported that the Championship side Birmingham City said: “The club have not used the services of Mark Bonar and have no knowledge or record of any of our players, past or present, doing so.”

The Sunday Times reported that Bonar claims in the past six years to have treated more than 150 sports people from the UK and abroad with banned substances such as erythropoietin (EPO), steroids and human growth hormone, and that the performance improvements were “phenomenal”.

The government has ordered an independent inquiry into the UK anti-doping watchdog Ukad over the accusations, with the culture secretary, John Whittingdale, expressing deep concern over suggestions that Ukad had not acted on evidence received two years ago.

“I have asked for an urgent independent investigation into what action was taken when these allegations were first received and what more needs to be done to ensure that British sport remains clean,” Whittingdale told the paper.
Maybe they will reopen investigations, strip Leicester of the Title and give it to us.?I wont hold my breath 80.mate.?

Sure, be a man - take responsibility, that's the easy part, but if his riddles and doublespeak (yet again) is to be believed; did he really start this season with out any clear short, medium and long-term goals?

He's cornered and once again we hear him using the euphemistic 'the club' rather than lead from the front and talk about what goals he has set?!

Seriously, only now he says the 'club' should design a new project?! WTF is he on - does he think we're all swallowing this nonsense still?

Sport Champions League

Thursday 3 October 2019
Pochettino: Every Spurs player must be a man
Mauricio Pochettino. Photo: Getty Images

October 3 2019 2:30 AM

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's players must stick together and challenged each of them to "be a man" to bounce back from their humiliating 7-2 Champions League hammering by Bayern Munich.

The Spurs boss will today hold an inquest into Tuesday's embarrassing Group B loss at the hands of the Bundelisga champions.

Bayern blitzed the stunned hosts with five second-half goals, four of which were scored by former Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry.

The defeat was the heaviest of Pochettino's reign and the first time Tottenham had conceded seven goals in a home match.

"This type of situation happens and you need to show your quality like a man first - to face like a professional is like a man," said Pochettino.

"We need to try to move on because I think it's more psychological now."

Pochettino, who guided Spurs to last season's Champions League final in Madrid, also repeated calls for the club to establish objectives.

"I told you a few months ago that it's going to be a tough season," he said.

"For me, after the final of the Champions League it was a chapter closed and now the club is in a period that they need to open another chapter and design a project, medium or long-term."

Sure, be a man - take responsibility, that's the easy part, but if his riddles and doublespeak (yet again) is to be believed; did he really start this season with out any clear short, medium and long-term goals?

He's cornered and once again we hear him using the euphemistic 'the club' rather than lead from the front and talk about what goals he has set?!

Seriously, only now he says the 'club' should design a new project?! WTF is he on - does he think we're all swallowing this nonsense still?

Sport Champions League

Thursday 3 October 2019
Pochettino: Every Spurs player must be a man

October 3 2019 2:30 AM

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's players must stick together and challenged each of them to "be a man" to bounce back from their humiliating 7-2 Champions League hammering by Bayern Munich.

The Spurs boss will today hold an inquest into Tuesday's embarrassing Group B loss at the hands of the Bundelisga champions.

Bayern blitzed the stunned hosts with five second-half goals, four of which were scored by former Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry.

The defeat was the heaviest of Pochettino's reign and the first time Tottenham had conceded seven goals in a home match.

"This type of situation happens and you need to show your quality like a man first - to face like a professional is like a man," said Pochettino.

"We need to try to move on because I think it's more psychological now."

Pochettino, who guided Spurs to last season's Champions League final in Madrid, also repeated calls for the club to establish objectives.

"I told you a few months ago that it's going to be a tough season," he said.

"For me, after the final of the Champions League it was a chapter closed and now the club is in a period that they need to open another chapter and design a project, medium or long-term."

Every time he opens his mouth is more evidence he’s waiting for a pay out

Maybe he should “be a man” and walk.

Well the ITK speculation now is he has four games to turn it around, or we're cutting our losses. May be BS again, but it would make sense.

Supposedly we've upped our efforts to review alternatives should the worst happen.

Well the ITK speculation now is he has four games to turn it around, or we're cutting our losses. May be BS again, but it would make sense.

Supposedly we've upped our efforts to review alternatives should the worst happen.

Our next 4 matches are Brighton, Watford, Red Star, Liverpool, then Everton and Red Star again. Obviously the Liverpool game is going to be difficult to get anything from. But if we can't win the other 3 then we have a real problem and it's probably Adios.

Our next 4 matches are Brighton, Watford, Red Star, Liverpool, then Everton and Red Star again. Obviously the Liverpool game is going to be difficult to get anything from. But if we can't win the other 3 then we have a real problem and it's probably Adios.

And if we beat Liverpool the tone will change.