Match Thread: Wigan Vs Forest, sponsored by that yo-yo feeling | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Vs Forest, sponsored by that yo-yo feeling

actually hurt by that- of course i read it!- i highlighted the best bit ffs

i can c u r not a lover of the freestyle interpretive grammar school of thought. fascist!

*should point out that sadly i am not part of the clique as none of em will have me. Haven't been since the drooling happy clapper group i was so fond of was disbanded. hoping it will make a return shortly.
You’ll always be part of the clique❤️. I’ll get them to hate you if it kills me.

yes please, very much so. want to see him, carvalho and grabban on together from the start

That’s what I was thinking, see if it clicks, Joe works very hard but his composure and end product quality haven’t quite been there, very lovely sub to bring on however!
As we all pretty much said, early doors in the season will be very up and down, and it has been. Nobody can really moan about that, and the time trying new line ups is now. On top of Soudani, let’s put Byram RB, Robinson LB and drop Daws in for Fig. I’d really like to see that team, more of a natural defensive Unit (on paper) and lively at the other end. Got to be worth a pop.

That’s what I was thinking, see if it clicks, Joe works very hard but his composure and end product quality haven’t quite been there, very lovely sub to bring on however!
As we all pretty much said, early doors in the season will be very up and down, and it has been. Nobody can really moan about that, and the time trying new line ups is now. On top of Soudani, let’s put Byram RB, Robinson LB and drop Daws in for Fig. I’d really like to see that team, more of a natural defensive Unit (on paper) and lively at the other end. Got to be worth a pop.
“Nobody can really moan about that”

A lot of them are having a good go though RB.

Is that Mappred above, no doubt trying to stir things up by accusing people of moaning even though they are merely giving an opinion which is EXACTLY what a forum is for?

Not that I know nor care as I have HIM and HIS ilk placed firmly on ignore. I suggest everyone else does the same and we leave HIM to run HIS own forum of happy clapping tops off BS.

Is that Mappred above, no doubt trying to stir things up by accusing people of moaning even though they are merely giving an opinion which is EXACTLY what a forum is for?

Not that I know nor care as I have HIM and HIS ilk placed firmly on ignore. I suggest everyone else does the same and we leave HIM to run HIS own forum of happy clapping tops off BS.
Absolutely this.

Yes iv noticed you lot can’t help yourselves having a bicker :D
You understand that if you don’t retort or snap back they will stop right? People are incapable of not rising to the bait these days, shame as it can sometimes be a really great forum for football chat, but most the time it’s fully grown having hand bags, pretty cringe.

agree about the timing and trying new line ups. have to say I think AK has managed the situation well- giving people a chance, not dropping too many points overall and remaining unbeaten.

agree about the timing and trying new line ups. have to say I think AK has managed the situation well- giving people a chance, not dropping too many points overall and remaining unbeaten.

Not exactly a flying start but not awful either, including some fantastic stuff versus WBA and some woeful stuff against Wigan. 3 pts Saturday and it would all look quite rosy, a convincing 3 pts to give us a boost would also be handy!

Byram, Robinson. Soudani, Dawson all shuffled in for me.....maybe a sub appearance from BB dependent on the situation?

Not exactly a flying start but not awful either, including some fantastic stuff versus WBA and some woeful stuff against Wigan. 3 pts Saturday and it would all look quite rosy, a convincing 3 pts to give us a boost would also be handy!

Byram, Robinson. Soudani, Dawson all shuffled in for me.....maybe a sub appearance from BB dependent on the situation?

You say "some woeful stuff against Wigan", what about giving Wigan a little bit of credit for playing very well?

Apparently they have performed quite well in all three games so far, playing with a cavalier attitude that the opposition have found unsettling.

There will be many more games like the one on Saturday; at least we look prepared to deal with them.

What we have lacked in cohesion at times we have more than made up for with character; and lets face it, the biggest problem over the last four or five years has been the lack of drive and passion and character in the side, well there are clear signs that we have some now.

Its just as well because we will not start to see the best of this team for another six to eight games.

What is interesting is that there has been a shift in play.

Last season we had one of the worst records for winning aerial duels in the division, averaging 16-17 won per game.

So far this season we are averaging over 26 aerial duels won per game, with Michael Dawson averaging 8 per game and Danny Fox 7.5. For comparison, one of the best defenders in the division in the air last season was Aden Flint who averaged around 7.6 per game.

It hasn't stopped teams scoring headers past us though! But we are certainly being beaten in the air less.

Our passing accuracy however has gone down by about 6-7% however

What is interesting is that there has been a shift in play.

Last season we had one of the worst records for winning aerial duels in the division, averaging 16-17 won per game.

So far this season we are averaging over 26 aerial duels won per game, with Michael Dawson averaging 8 per game and Danny Fox 7.5. For comparison, one of the best defenders in the division in the air last season was Aden Flint who averaged around 7.6 per game.

It hasn't stopped teams scoring headers past us though! But we are certainly being beaten in the air less.

Our passing accuracy however has gone down by about 6-7% however

I think that the accuracy of passing will improve once it becomes more instinctive and less mechanical; and time is the only thing that will aid that improvement.

With the exception of the early part of the Bristol game, our aerial capabilities in defence have been visibly better; its far from perfect but we look more comfortable.

The first goal on Saturday was the keepers fault, although he later claimed he was fouled.

The good thing from my perspective is we are playing reasonably well, picking up points we would have undoubtedly dropped in previous seasons, and have not really moved out of second gear.

You say "some woeful stuff against Wigan", what about giving Wigan a little bit of credit for playing very well?

Apparently they have performed quite well in all three games so far, playing with a cavalier attitude that the opposition have found unsettling.

There will be many more games like the one on Saturday; at least we look prepared to deal with them.

What we have lacked in cohesion at times we have more than made up for with character; and lets face it, the biggest problem over the last four or five years has been the lack of drive and passion and character in the side, well there are clear signs that we have some now.

Its just as well because we will not start to see the best of this team for another six to eight games.

Yes that is a fair point, they played some really nice football at times and would have carved a few teams open - maybe I was just too surprised by it to not recognize it for what it was, quality.
That said, in the first half in particular we just seemed to lose the technical ability to cope with a high pressing, harrying approach that they adopted, resulting in giving away possession ceaselessly and having a generally panicked look about us - hence the ‘woeful’ comment, which in hindsight is probably a little harsh.
If we are going to pass out from the back and play, we have to expect teams to take that approach with us, and have to be much much sharper and incisive in response, which I’m confident will come with time.

I think that the accuracy of passing will improve once it becomes more instinctive and less mechanical; and time is the only thing that will aid that improvement.

With the exception of the early part of the Bristol game, our aerial capabilities in defence have been visibly better; its far from perfect but we look more comfortable.

The first goal on Saturday was the keepers fault, although he later claimed he was fouled.

The good thing from my perspective is we are playing reasonably well, picking up points we would have undoubtedly dropped in previous seasons, and have not really moved out of second gear.

Your final paragraph echoes my “tiny steps” sentiment that I posted after the Bristol City game. Undoubtedly we have collected points we wouldn’t have done 12 months ago. That is progress, no matter how small or insignificant some people deem it to be.

Your final paragraph echoes my “tiny steps” sentiment that I posted after the Bristol City game. Undoubtedly we have collected points we wouldn’t have done 12 months ago. That is progress, no matter how small or insignificant some people deem it to be.

steps have been evident on and off the pitch, just one or two still traumatised from fookwas to believe it.

Some great posts today. We should all post like this more often!

There is no set pattern to how teams integrate and evolve; some simply take longer than others.

Go back to the 93-94 season and it took fifteen games for things to click into place; and that was with far less new faces than we have now and a certain Stanley Victor Collymore in the team.

We lost 6 of the first 14 games and it took Stanley 8 games to register his first goal - can you imagine what will happen if Grabben does not scored a goal in the next four games?

And then in the space of 90 minutes at St Andrews in early November things took off and we did not look back.

It is far from certain that we will emulate the achievements of that season; but we certainly have a squad capable of giving it a whirl.

we looked like we clicked v WBA after a good pre season. I was behind Karankas philosophy about it being a squad game, but Im already leaning towards playing yer best 11 in form players every week and less changes

I have just been having a casual glance around the other Forums and it looks like its all kicked off between the middle class pseuds and squirrel botherer's on LTLF and the Forum I am cannot mention for fear of Jock taking out an injunction.

What started out as a bit of piss taking as descended into an all out war; the LTLF boys have been accused of attempting to sabotage the other site by posting a shed load of nonsensical threads; the LTLF gang are attributing the blame to News Bots.

Chris, one of the guys who runs LTLF, jokingly, I presume it was jokingly, said he was going to sign up as A Hitler.

The guy who runs the site that cannot be named has replied with the mother of all threats:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Graham

You need to join up because you need to have a look what members of your/this forum have done to **** forum. You should be ashamed. Who knows where this will escalate to now? Do you know who the owner of **** forum is...Well I do know him and believe me you wouldn't want to mess with him! You need to apologise and get it sorted out. Pathetic the way you encouraged members of this forum to deface someone elses forum.

It looks like this one is going to get very messy!