Match Thread: Wigan Vs Forest, sponsored by that yo-yo feeling | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Vs Forest, sponsored by that yo-yo feeling

King Bill FFS! Can’t decide whether you are serious or taking the piss but it’s beyond tedious now.

He was a decent manager for this level but could start a fight in a phone box and was the architect of his own downfall.

He wouldn’t have lasted the summer either. He would have presented a list of unrealistic signings and then thrown his toys out the pram when he didn’t get them.

I get that you don’t like AK and his playing style. I get that you don’t like how he is treating our younger players. There are plenty who share some or all of your opinion and are yet to be convinced by AK.

For me we have a good squad which is yet to fully gel but I would love the novelty of finishing a season with the same manager we started with.

he is half serious i reckon. surely, once again, it comes down to progress. billy never learned from his mistakes just like the owner. The allegations at AK are historic, I don't think you can recruit the players he has and say he is going for dour football.

it was nice to see the kids but this has to be balanced by being competitive- if they are good enough they are old enough. Think players like os and cash are fighting for and keeping a place, the others need to work harder and wait for their chance. No indication AK won't play them its just he doesn't seem to want to rely on them.

he is half serious i reckon. surely, once again, it comes down to progress. billy never learned from his mistakes just like the owner. The allegations at AK are historic, I don't think you can recruit the players he has and say he is going for dour football.

it was nice to see the kids but this has to be balanced by being competitive- if they are good enough they are old enough. Think players like os and cash are fighting for and keeping a place, the others need to work harder and wait for their chance. No indication AK won't play them its just he doesn't seem to want to rely on them.

Look blud I’m serious yeah fam you get me.

I wouldn’t want to see any of them sold but I would be happy to see Yates, Worrall and Brereton get decent loans, perhaps for half a season so they can then help in the latter half.

Agree. Not sure which kids are being held back, considering that Cash and Osborn are playing, Worrall is returning from long term injury and Ben has only recently come back from England duty. Yates is having a loan negotiated.

Very few clubs actually make promotion progress exclusively on the back of youth players. Sorry, rarely happens. You need an outstandingly lucky crop all coming through at once and you need to get promoted immediately or their ambitions take over, they fuck off and you are back to square one yet again.

Teams get promoted by augmenting outstanding youths who happen to be their best players with experienced pros. The old myth about being promoted with youth alone, on a Cat 2 academy in an area awash with other clubs and cat 1 academies in a small city with very few refugees or overseas Immigrants coming in... Is for the birds unfortunately. Unless you want to tread water forever as a feeder club for those with more ambition. I think quite a few would love that actually.

And let's not forget that youth is part of what he has bought. Carvalho is an outstanding young player. A few of the other signings are pretty young adults, like Byram, Fig.

Agree. Not sure which kids are being held back, considering that Cash and Osborn are playing, Worrall is returning from long term injury and Ben has only recently come back from England duty. Yates is having a loan negotiated.

Very few clubs actually make promotion progress exclusively on the back of youth players. Sorry, rarely happens. You need an outstandingly lucky crop all coming through at once and you need to get promoted immediately or their ambitions take over, they fuck off and you are back to square one yet again.

Teams get promoted by augmenting outstanding youths who happen to be their best players with experienced pros. The old myth about being promoted with youth alone, on a Cat 2 academy in an area awash with other clubs and cat 1 academies in a small city with very few refugees or overseas Immigrants coming in... Is for the birds unfortunately. Unless you want to tread water forever as a feeder club for those with more ambition. I think quite a few would love that actually.

And let's not forget that youth is part of what he has bought. Carvalho is an outstanding young player. A few of the other signings are pretty young adults, like Byram, Fig.

spot on- is it that woanzy loves bill that much or that he hates AK that much?

has he had a few too many sherberts or not quite enough?

I was disappointed yesterday not because we were shit or the manager is shit but precisely the opposite- what looks to be a great mix in the squad that a small amount of time and tweaking looks to have some potential. Aside from the debate about tweaking the team I can't see any reason whatsoever to moanz on or off the pitch.

current level of support says it all and if we keep that up I think we have a good chance of finally being rewarded.

Onto, but you had to get something right. You’re previous effort (as pointed out by Apollyon ?) was appalling, and an E- at best. You’ll be on lines with Paz if I see anything like that again.
Did someone mention E??

Saw a stat on Twitter that we have the same number of points after 4 games as Karanka's Boro side that finished 4th in 2014-15 and 1 point more than his side that finished 2nd the following season.

Would be interesting to have a look back at Boro match freds from then to see if their fans were as negative as some on here.

Saw a stat on Twitter that we have the same number of points after 4 games as Karanka's Boro side that finished 4th in 2014-15 and 1 point more than his side that finished 2nd the following season.

Would be interesting to have a look back at Boro match freds from then to see if their fans were as negative as some on here.

Seriously doubt it. 4 games in and it's "off with his head"

Some ridiculous comments after 4 games! look at stoke with a load of new players struggling but they like us will improve
I will make some judgements after 10 games so our new players will have had some time to settle in! I do think the manager needs to get his defence settled and for me that would be
Byram-Dawson-fox-Robinson

If you are going to get into punctuation; well I oughta

in yer face duk- owd map says it's onto. what did u think? u woz gonna wear it lmao well yer'll have to wear the map decision cos he is the law on that type stuff.

to quote the great man I believe he said "you got one right"

:wahey: might never happen again!