Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 49 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Steve Holmes took a mean penalty

Talking Sunderland- they way they treated representatives of Lincoln city and bbc Lincs and the attitude of their fans even shouting at their players is disgusting. Also looking at their forum their anger arrogance and general ability to be sore losers makes them a real nasty bunch. They need to get over themselves! it will serve them right to fail again next year Including a thrashing by a Newport et al along the way.

No one has any right to succeed in football, there are 23 teams in league 1 and everyone has got there for a reason.

Yes Sunderland have played in the premiership but now they are league one, they are at this level because they are not good enough (at present) to go any higher.

Steve Holmes took a mean penalty

Talking Sunderland- they way they treated representatives of Lincoln city and bbc Lincs and the attitude of their fans even shouting at their players is disgusting. Also looking at their forum their anger arrogance and general ability to be sore losers makes them a real nasty bunch. They need to get over themselves! it will serve them right to fail again next year Including a thrashing by a Newport et al along the way.

No one has any right to succeed in football, there are 23 teams in league 1 and everyone has got there for a reason.

Yes Sunderland have played in the premiership but now they are league one, they are at this level because they are not good enough (at present) to go any higher.
When referring to Sunderland would you kindly show them the respect they deserve and introduce them by their full and correct title - Established League 1 side Sunderland.

When referring to Sunderland would you kindly show them the respect they deserve and introduce them by their full and correct title - Established League 1 side Sunderland.

what was really funny was there was some guy on there goading them yesterday after they lost. It was like dynamite fishing for him, don’t know who it was but they were falling for it and getting so wound up. Mackems appear to be very angry!

I suppose we should afford them a little bit of credit for refusing to know their place, four seasons in.

Four seasons into the National League and I don't recall too many of us still banging on about demanding we should automatically be back in the EFL. Reality had struck most of us by that point.

I suppose we should afford them a little bit of credit for refusing to know their place, four seasons in.

Four seasons into the National League and I don't recall too many of us still banging on about demanding we should automatically be back in the EFL. Reality had struck most of us by that point.
Difference is we knew we were in the national league for the long haul , at least 10 years I thought, think we'd still be there now if Clive Nates and the Cowleys hadn't ridden into town and saved us from oblivion. First two seasons we nearly ended up in the national league North!

Difference is we knew we were in the national league for the long haul , at least 10 years I thought, think we'd still be there now if Clive Nates and the Cowleys hadn't ridden into town and saved us from oblivion. First two seasons we nearly ended up in the national league North!
Agree with this. I wasn't convinced we would ever get back!

Perusing one of the Mighty ex premiership teams forums and I can across a snippet about Tayu running down the line at the end of the match cupping his ear at the privileged 10,000!. Seems some scrotes on there took offence and cannot wait to see him back at the Stadium of Tedium. Hopefully we will not be back there for years.

It's low and into the corner, waist height is indeed bad. See Johnson's penalty that was retaken a few weeks ago penalty on how it's done.

Still we are through, no harm done...

I would have gone with Johnson for the pen. Anyone who can take a penalty twice and score twice, has balls of steel.