Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board

At least Maddison had a bit of fight about him. Precious little was shown from Forest in the second half. Awful performance again.

Oh so I was right…funny how pundits/tv and even motd who hate us see it as a punch but you would rather deny til you die rather than admit you were wrong…seems legit
No I don't think.yiou were right. Yates reaction was fucking embarrassing..if you bother actually reading what I said I was saying it's clear that this is something that can be seen either way, pretty much summed up by different pundits on different coverage having completely different views of it.

No I don't think.yiou were right. Yates reaction was fucking embarrassing..if you bother actually reading what I said I was saying it's clear that this is something that can be seen either way, pretty much summed up by different pundits on different coverage having completely different views of it.
MotD showed a replay from the front and you can see Maddison hits Yates in the guts. It's not hard, and it's utterly pathetic (both the punch and the reaction). I know it *could* have been a red, probably should have been a red.

But beyond any and all doubt, I promise you that if Yates had done that to Maddison it would have been a red.

needed to sleep on it. frustrating because we were close to getting something.

some thoughts;

everyone is pissed because van we ven had time to line up the shot. 3 players converged to stop him. he hit it so well no one was saving it.

1st half we didn't panic and recycled the ball more. 2nd half was too much like the bad old days- rushing to get the ball out and losing straight away. odoi, mgw particularly guilty of taking too many touches.

Yates passing let us down.

mgw needs space to be effective. the high line constricted him. had he not been injured we might have got something as the game stretched.

spurs bought on bentacur and kulisivski. we don't have that kind of depth.

after the 3rd goal we just looked knackered. maybe we were saving ourselves for games we could win?

maddison and Porro should have been off. maybe Yates too.

If we are to stay up, we need to support the team and moan later.

He's a time traveller from 1878. The fact is, the Time Traveller is one of those men who are too clever to be believed: you never felt that you saw all round him; you always suspected some subtle reserve, some ingenuity in ambush, behind his lucid frankness.
Has he been shagging Rose Leslie?
Jammy bastard.

We hadn't been to the new Spurs stadium, but have to admit it's really impressive - beer is cheaper that WFCG and much better choice of food!

We parked near Turkey Street station and were home just after 11pm, even though we stayed to applaud players post match - but opted not to watch highlights, when we got home.

It was mental at half time on the concourse!

Seen the replay of Yates/Maddison incident - had no idea what had happened at the time, but didn't agree with Yates (already booked) giving the VAR symbols. Thought the ref was very lenient for some of the Spurs fouls.

Seen the Wood miss, when he hit the post and didn't realise the Murillo shot from own half was that close. We had some good chances and didn't disgrace ourselves - didn't expect anything, we just need to get a result this weekend!

Once again, Sels pulled off several great saves and thought we gave a reasonable account of ourselves but the gulf in quality/squad depth was evident!

We hadn't been to the new Spurs stadium, but have to admit it's really impressive - bear is cheaper that WFCG and much better choice of food!

We parked near Turkey Street station and we're home just after 11pm, even though we stayed to applaud players post match - but opted not to watch highlights, when we got home.

Seen the replay of Yates/Maddison incident - had no idea what had happened at the time, but didn't agree with Yates (already booked) giving the VAR symbols. Thought the ref was very lenient for some of the Spurs fouls.

Seen the Wood miss, when he hit the post and didn't realise the Murillo shot from own half was that close. We had some good chances and didn't disgrace ourselves - didn't expect anything, we just need to get a result this weekend!

Once again, Sels pulled off several great saves and thought we gave a reasonable account of ourselves but the gulf in quality/squad depth was evident!
Did you feel a bit grizzly after the game chap?

Not embarrassing IMO

Yates was being a shitehouse which is exactly what he's paid to do?

It's what he's good at?

If he had got him sent off its a huge result for us

Exactly the kind of cynical play we complain we don't do enough at times?

We hadn't been to the new Spurs stadium, but have to admit it's really impressive - beer is cheaper that WFCG and much better choice of food!

We parked near Turkey Street station and were home just after 11pm, even though we stayed to applaud players post match - but opted not to watch highlights, when we got home.

I had a great view of the Murillo shot, and wondered whether it was going in- a bit like when McGugan scored a long- ranger at Watford where we Forest fans who were behind the opposite goal could see that the shot was going in while mid- air.

I agree with you about the catering prices too. I was all prepared to boycott Spurs on the basis that Levy would be trying to chisel vast sums out of everyone, but two cups of tea came to less than a fiver.

While Sels made some good saves, I did not understand his annoying timewasting on goal kicks, and did you agree with my comment above that his strange thing of getting Murillo to take kicks goal kicks back and forward, which had Son running in time after time, looked as though it was likely to go very wrong? I don't go to enough matches to know if this is a regular thing, but it seems really stupid to me.

Even though Yates shouldn't have asked for the var, why didn't var even look at it?

If they did and I just missed the notification that they were checking, why didn't they call over the ref?

Also, seeing on MoTD Muric concede that goal to Calvert Lewin, something similar could have happened to Sels. All game, he and Murillo were messing around on goal kicks with One playing to the other, who would then be put under pressure and then lead to a long kick, almost always to a Tottenham player. I don't go to many Forest games, but is that a regular thing? It seemed pointlessly risky to me.

Yes, it's been a regular thing recently. Sels stands in the middle of the goal, and someone else takes the goal kick, and rolls it towards him. As you say it seems pointless and risky. I also don't understand the point of rolling the ball back to the keeper to boot the ball down the pitch. On many occasions, if you're going to boot the ball down the pitch, why doesn't the defender just do it from twenty or thirty yards further up the pitch ? This seems to be done by most teams.

Just looking at the remaining PL fixtures

We should all be cheering for an Arsenal v City CL semi final.
City will play us on Sunday 28th having been away to Brighton on Thursday and then before the Arsenal CL semi final

Here’s hoping they both meet each other. Stranger things have happened if they both meet.

MotD showed a replay from the front and you can see Maddison hits Yates in the guts. It's not hard, and it's utterly pathetic (both the punch and the reaction). I know it *could* have been a red, probably should have been a red.

But beyond any and all doubt, I promise you that if Yates had done that to Maddison it would have been a red.

Not embarrassing IMO

Yates was being a shitehouse which is exactly what he's paid to do?

It's what he's good at?

If he had got him sent off its a huge result for us

Exactly the kind of cynical play we complain we don't do enough at times?

The reason I'm so against this one was that I was livid at the time sat there shouting at the screen to get up and help us defend, just knew he was milking something to try and get decision he clearly wasn't getting. It was 1-1 and if we had conceded then it would have been a really poor judgement call by Yates to try and manipulate a situation in that position and circumstance to get someone sent off.

I've been really vocal about the shit decisions we have had recently but don't see this one as a big thing in comparison to some of the other decisions recently; which is why I'm surprised to see you vocal about this wolfie when you have lambasted others for moaning about decisions recently. Particularly the drop ball one.

Anyway that's my view of it, I'd certainly fancy my chances in a Tesco car park against anyone considering that a punch.