Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board

Come off it, there's not enough evidence to convict Madison so he won't be in the shit.

Exactly my point. If there isnt enough evidence post game then why the hell would VAR have a different view.

Found a decent view of the incident here. Doesnt change my opinion and I agree with Roy. It's not a punch in the slightest, it's a coming together nothing more. We have had some really shit var decisions this season and quite rightly complained and felt hard done by. But this one we are making ourselves look stupid. For the shit Yates puts about this makes him look very poor in my opinion.

Just got back after an enjoyable, but disappointing, afternoon. I was sitting in the Spurs section above the Forest fans. Forest started poorly, and for the first quarter of an hour, looked like the game against Spurs last season. Spurs got lots of corners, which, inexplicably given Forest;'s inability to defend corners, they kept taking short. But then Spurs got their goal. Looked difficult. Wood's goal completely changed the game, and sucked the confidence out of Spurs and out of their fans. At half- time, there was lots of grumbling and moaning. Postecoglu could obviously see what was wrong, and made changes. Those changes bore fruit, and Spurs scored two really good goals. Looking back over the comments on here, everyone is moaning about Forest's defending, but the Van de Ven goal came from him cleverly making space for himself then his shot was like a bullet, and could not have been saved by anyone. The third was the killer, but then what did we expect? Whoever it was who said, "Spurs were there for the taking" is overlooking the important substitutions that they made at half time, and also the fact that before this game, Spurs had won 6 of their last 7 home games. In fact, their home form is played 15, won 11. And those hoping for a draw: well they have not drawn any!
Pluses: nice bike journey there over Tottenham marshes; nice post- match sit- down kebab; the 20 minutes or so after Forest scored and were on top; the away fans' support.

Last edited:
Well there you go… corner after corner and not defending our box. It’s every single week. We just give teams so much room to play with. Not sustainable
Spurs were taking every corner short today, and then knocking it out to players outside the box. Would you have everyone go and stand there, away from the goal?

Exactly my point. If there isnt enough evidence post game then why the hell would VAR have a different view.

Found a decent view of the incident here. Doesnt change my opinion and I agree with Roy. It's not a punch in the slightest, it's a coming together nothing more. We have had some really shit var decisions this season and quite rightly complained and felt hard done by. But this one we are making ourselves look stupid. For the shit Yates puts about this makes him look very poor in my opinion.

Probably not enough in it for a red, but to say Yates 'plays that game' ignores the fact that Madison does too.

Just got back after an ejoyable, but disappointing, afternoon. I was sitting in the Spurs section above the Forest fans. Forest started poorly, and for the first quarter of an hour, looked like the game against Spurs last season. They got lots of corners, which, inexplicably given Forest;'s inability to defend corners, they kept taking short. But then Spurs got their goal. Looked difficult. Wood's goal completely changed the game, and sucked the confidence out of Spurs and out of their fans. At half- time, there was lots of grumbling and moaning. Postecoglu could obviously see what was wrong, and made changes. Those changes bore fruit, and Spurs scored two really good goals. Looking back over the comments on here, everyone is moaning about Forest's defending, but the Van de Ven goal came from him cleverly making space for himself then his shot was like a bullet, and could not have been saved by anyone. The third was the killer, but then what did we expect? Whoever it was who said, "Spurs were there for the taking" is overlooking the important substitutions that they made at half time, and also the fact that before this game, Spurs had won 6 of their last 7 home games. In fact, their home form is played 15, won 11. And those hoping for a draw: well they have not drawn any!
Pluses: nice bike journey there over Tottenham marshes; nice post- match sit- down kebab; the 20 minutes or so after Forest scored and were on top; the away fans' support.
Nothing to do about van de vens goal?

Well we could not give him 10 yards of free space and a free shot?

Fuck Keane…it’s not a coming together at all, he moves his arm back beforehand.

I’m sure @chandos9 will emerge shortly from his basement to admit this has been shit… he was very quick to quote me after the Fulham game after all
I am actually in my well- appointed study. Maybe you should get one, as you need to study more. In fact, it is quite difficult having any sort of engagement with you as you don't seem very bright, but FWIW, I don't remember saying that this Forest team were some sort of world- beaters, who would magically overcome Spurs's 6 wins in their last 7 home games.

As far as I can understand your current snippy comment, it seems to be an allusion to this comment of yours yours before the Fulham game was:
"No Dominguez but plays Danilo - Nuno is an absolute fucking clown. Going down under this fraud"-
Your post- game comments on the Fulham game were "I thought Yates was sensational in the middle - an absolute rock who threw himself in front of everything, and Danilo surprised me with an excellent display - he intercepted some decisive balls and helped see it out."

So :
(1) that would seem to suggest that Nuno was right to pick the team he did today;
(2) Yates played well against Fulham but badly today;
(3) your analysis is not really worth reading or bothering about, because it has no value other than a very extreme observation on what is happening at this particular moment.

Obviously you are sometimes right, in the same way as someone who keeps spouting lots of contradictory rubbish will occasionally hit the mark. But having seen that Pope liked your comment, the image that I have of you two is of some sort of weedier versions of the Frank Doberman and George characters that Harry Enfield used to do, with you as the Frank Doberman one.

Spurs were taking every corner short today, and then knocking it out to players outside the box. Would you have everyone go and stand there, away from the goal?

given our inability to both defend a ball into the box, and our inability to press to deny a shot around our box (Van de Wen goal), it really doesn’t matter, dont you think, Chandos?

Fuck Keane…it’s not a coming together at all, he moves his arm back beforehand.
Hahaha, you're imagining things now. He doesn't move his arm back at all. He turns into him and at worst pushes him away perhaps with a clenched fist. He definitely does not draw his arm back and in fact I think you have explained to me with that why in my head I just can't see that as a punch.

I am actually in my well- appointed study. Maybe you should get one, as you need to study more. In fact, it is quite difficult having any sort of engagement with you as you don't seem very bright, but FWIW, I don't remember saying that this Forest team were some sort of world- beaters, who would magically overcome Spurs's 6 wins in their last 7 home games.

As far as I can understand your current snippy comment, it seems to be an allusion to this comment of yours yours before the Fulham game was:
"No Dominguez but plays Danilo - Nuno is an absolute fucking clown. Going down under this fraud"-
Your post- game comments on the Fulham game were "I thought Yates was sensational in the middle - an absolute rock who threw himself in front of everything, and Danilo surprised me with an excellent display - he intercepted some decisive balls and helped see it out."

So :
(1) that would seem to suggest that Nuno was right to pick the team he did today;
(2) Yates played well against Fulham but badly today;
(3) your analysis is not really worth reading or bothering about, because it has no value other than a very extreme observation on what is happening at this particular moment.

Obviously you are sometimes right, in the same way as someone who keeps spouting lots of contradictory rubbish will occasionally hit the mark. But having seen that Pope liked your comment, the image that I have of you two is of some sort of weedier versions of the Frank Doberman and George characters that Harry Enfield used to do, with you as the Frank Doberman one.

I can tell you’re really bright because you have a study - I wish I had a study as it sounds like something you need if you want to.. study… and be bright! Did you have to pay extra for it in your new build?

You didn’t say anything about spurs because you never say anything of note… your entire existence on this site is to quote anybody with an opinion and say “your opinion isn’t worth listening to” yet you seem to find the time to constantly reply and look out for mine and popes posts like some strange obsessive.

Come on then Chandos - tell us what your overall thoughts are on Forest? Do you think we’ll stay up? Do you think Nuno’s the right man and do you actually disagree with my points that we’re a team with no fight? How about actually have the bollocks to state an opinion rather than your pathetic ramblings you only write once you know the outcome?

I don’t mind debating anyone on a forest opinion on here, but you’ve got nothing to offer or an opinion to share… why do you bother posting on here? See if you can respond to this without having a pop at me

and to answer points - I never said the manager got the team wrong, nor that he was wrong to play Yates, who was excellent against Fulham… quote where I said he did? I said the players showed no fight today - they didn’t. They haven’t most of the season.

I also stated that Fulham was a ‘bolt from blue’ when you couldn’t wait to call me out after we won…. Would you agree that I was correct given todays resumption to losing comfortably and have won twice this year?

My outlook is broader than yours - I don’t get overawed by games like Fulham because as I rightly pointed out on Wednesday, we’re likely to follow up with performances like this. But as usual, you’re so egotistical that you’d never recognize that.

Last edited:
Interesting analysis on MoTD, including Danny Murphy saying that Maddison should have been sent off and Forest been unlucky with referees' decisions.
Also, Forest had more XG in that game than Spurs. That is not how it felt in the stadium

Hahaha, you're imagining things now. He doesn't move his arm back at all. He turns into him and at worst pushes him away perhaps with a clenched fist. He definitely does not draw his arm back and in fact I think you have explained to me with that why in my head I just can't see that as a punch.
It's sneaky, but MOTD2 agree it's a punch and Maddison was lucky not to see red.

Amazingly, Danny Murphy also said we've had some horrendous decisions this season.

It's sneaky, but MOTD2 agree it's a punch and Maddison was lucky not to see red.

Amazingly, Danny Murphy also said we've had some horrendous decisions this season.
Yeah to be fair iv just seen that and fair enough it's one of those that is seen either way. Personally I don't see it as a punch or red but clearly it's one to polarize opinion so it's an agree to disagree I guess.

Yeah to be fair iv just seen that and fair enough it's one of those that is seen either way. Personally I don't see it as a punch or red but clearly it's one to polarize opinion so it's an agree to disagree I guess.
Oh so I was right…funny how pundits/tv and even motd who hate us see it as a punch but you would rather deny til you die rather than admit you were wrong…seems legit

Also, seeing on MoTD Muric concede that goal to Calvert Lewin, something similar could have happened to Sels. All game, he and Murillo were messing around on goal kicks with One playing to the other, who would then be put under pressure and then lead to a long kick, almost always to a Tottenham player. I don't go to many Forest games, but is that a regular thing? It seemed pointlessly risky to me.

Back in the real old days I used to play centre half in a 3 man defence attack set up.
I don't see the games these days so don't normally comment too much but it's tempting at times and this is one of those times.
I spend a lot of time on the computer and today was able to click on to a programme possibly put out originally by the BBC, but not certain. It showed in some detail the 2 goals that Spurs scored to seal their win.

We were pathetic.

I have no idea what goes on in training but that side of things should be elementary.

I can tell you’re really bright because you have a study - I wish I had a study as it sounds like something you need if you want to.. study… and be bright! Did you have to pay extra for it in your new build?

You didn’t say anything about spurs because you never say anything of note… your entire existence on this site is to quote anybody with an opinion and say “your opinion isn’t worth listening to” yet you seem to find the time to constantly reply and look out for mine and popes posts like some strange obsessive.

Come on then Chandos - tell us what your overall thoughts are on Forest? Do you think we’ll stay up? Do you think Nuno’s the right man and do you actually disagree with my points that we’re a team with no fight? How about actually have the bollocks to state an opinion rather than your pathetic ramblings you only write once you know the outcome?

I don’t mind debating anyone on a forest opinion on here, but you’ve got nothing to offer or an opinion to share… why do you bother posting on here? See if you can respond to this without having a pop at me

and to answer points - I never said the manager got the team wrong, nor that he was wrong to play Yates, who was excellent against Fulham… quote where I said he did? I said the players showed no fight today - they didn’t. They haven’t most of the season.

I also stated that Fulham was a ‘bolt from blue’ when you couldn’t wait to call me out after we won…. Would you agree that I was correct given todays resumption to losing comfortably and have won twice this year?

My outlook is broader than yours - I don’t get overawed by games like Fulham because as I rightly pointed out on Wednesday, we’re likely to follow up with performances like this. But as usual, you’re so egotistical that you’d never recognize that.

He's a time traveller from 1878. The fact is, the Time Traveller is one of those men who are too clever to be believed: you never felt that you saw all round him; you always suspected some subtle reserve, some ingenuity in ambush, behind his lucid frankness.