Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City

Just reading match reports, interesting info. on Lukas, he gave up football to try to make it as an international mountain biker. I would have thought he must have grown too big for it

The morning after I’m going to have two moans. Nothing to do with our magnificent performance.
I’m still fuming about their keeper. He threw that bottle at least 30 yards just going over the heads of a large group of ball boys & stewards and nearly hit a young lad in the stands. Seem to remember a certain player of ours got sent off . The officials obviously saw it as the linesman was telling Lukas where it was.
Other thing, I can’t believe in 2023 there are such crap seats available in PL grounds as we had. Dread to think how much you would pay for that in the PL. Luckily the last pen sailed into the sky as that was the only way I could see, the others had to go on crowd reaction! (Also wondering what I’ve done to upset the ticket office, not the 1st time when there’s random ticket allocation we get stuck in the corner!)
And people ask me why I don’t go to away matches

Such a battling performance from our lads. They should be so proud of themselves.

Granted, United made some changes, but their starting XI was still full of quality and large transfer fees (and fairly hefty wages, too!).

The boys were magnificent, to a man. I’ve been critical of Eyoma in the past, but that was easily his best performance for us. As for Mitchell, my word.

Atmosphere was excellent and you could feel the synergy at full time when the players and staff stayed longer than usual to applaud the fans, and vice versa.

Haven’t felt like that since Bruno at MK Dons!

One thing that I still haven’t quite gotten over - their keeper throwing Jensen’s bottle into the crowd. Absolute tosser. He should be ashamed and embarrassed of his behaviour when he wakes up this morning.

Anyway, onto Rovers!

Yeah nonsense isn't it. Their front two was about 36 million worth (about 18 million per shot I reckon based on last night)
You have to wonder about the competence of the people running Sheffield Utd. Their overspending almost put them into administration last season and their failure to pay bills led to a transfer embargo. They were only saved by reaching the FA Cup semi final and by promotion to the Premiership. They then borrow from an Australian pay day lender against future TV money and continue wasting money on moderate players. Crazy.

Other thing, I can’t believe in 2023 there are such crap seats available in PL grounds as we had. Dread to think how much you would pay for that in the PL. Luckily the last pen sailed into the sky as that was the only way I could see, the others had to go on crowd reaction! (Also wondering what I’ve done to upset the ticket office, not the 1st time when there’s random ticket allocation we get stuck in the corner!)

Seats? Luxury!

I was one of quite a lot who ended up standing at the back as our seats were taken. I don't blame the people sitting in them as there seemed to be a lot more fans than seats in that area at least. Tbh I didn't mind standing but it's not what you'd expect from a Premier League club in 2023 is it.

I didn't see any of that , just highlights this morning but can't be more proud.
Well done Imps 👍

Me too. The sooner iFollow get broadcast rights to this competition, the better!

Amazing result and performance. Agree with everything said about Jensen. I had my doubts after the final pre-season game and the Bolton game, but he has just got better and better.

Feel a bit sorry for Jordan as he will be restricted to the pizza games by the look of it.

What a great night. I must get to more away games and I’m going to make the Treaty my new local for all home games. I bumped into so many old friends in the Treaty, on the coach and at Bramhall lane. I’m just so excited.

You have to wonder about the competence of the people running Sheffield Utd. Their overspending almost put them into administration last season and their failure to pay bills led to a transfer embargo. They were only saved by reaching the FA Cup semi final and by promotion to the Premiership. They then borrow from an Australian pay day lender against future TV money and continue wasting money on moderate players. Crazy.

Said a millions times on here, but doesn’t it just make having Clive and Co in charge look even more wonderful.

Hard working, supremely organised, well prepared and disciplined and we didn’t need to be anything else. Sheffield were pathetic really, a lot of pointless possession and no threat at all. Never got the feeling they were going to score and it was never edge of the seat hanging on type of feeling and it almost had a pre season friendly feel to the game. it just felt inevitable we would beat them on penalties.
The last 5 or 10 minutes were a little worrying. They put a few balls in our box. Other than that, a good L1 outfit kept an average Championship side at bay with relative comfort.

Great outcome last night and who could of denied us going through on penalties and sealing another win on a Premiership ground.

Neither side created that much in the first half but the game opened up a bit more second half with them just having that final surge but still unable to crack our defensive block and we deservedly took the game to penalties and dispatched them out of the competition.

Don't think anyone had a bad game but was mightily impressed with Mitchell, he dealt with everything that came his way and was blowing through his backside when he had to come up for them long Sorrenson throws towards the end.

Jenson made a couple of good saves and dealt with the high balls well and Erhahan, despite making a couple of errors, would of looked good in either team with his calm collectivness in the midfield. Thought Smith did well aswell and a honoury mention to Eyoma who stuck to his task well and has his best game for a long time.

Never really felt on edge or overwhelmed with pressure throughout the 90 mins although they did have a lot of the ball first half but weren't getting it into areas often enough to cause us too much panic.

Felt a bit for House because he hardly had a touch in their box or anywhere really first half which was a bit soul destroying for him and was eventually tactically replaced by Hackett going as the man down the middle up front.

Thought their keeper should of been sent off in the penalty shootout. He was gesturing to the ballboy to get rid of Jensons water bottle but then just picked it up and launched it himself!!

Anyway he got what he deserved in the end, now bring on the Iron........no, not that tin pot lot from down the road.
Fcuking Westham 😀

What a great night. I must get to more away games and I’m going to make the Treaty my new local for all home games. I bumped into so many old friends in the Treaty, on the coach and at Bramhall lane. I’m just so excited.
Yes, great to see photos this morning of so many old faces (with white hair) in the Stands last night. To draw The Hammers under lights at home just exudes nostalgia from that memorable night 41 years ago.