Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City

I think I missed Erhahon being disappointing tbh, behind the goal isn't always the best vantage point but I thought he was pretty tidy? Him and Mandroiu seemed to be looking for each other quite a bit when Mandroiu was coming deep for the ball. Maybe I missed something!

Back home...will catch up tomorrow but that was a glorious hard won match. Team put in a real shift tonight.
Plus seen the draw and that is equally glorious
Great atmosphere in the away end all match
Anyhow have to be up at half five so good night

just got home after having to wait 40 minutes for my meal at Newark Mcdonalds

What a night. Fans & Players did the club proud and what a result. UTI!!!!!

Well, I got home about 35 minutes ago (thank you Ty and Vicki), enjoying my second G&T and I've suddenly got this urge for a greasy chip butty.

Anyone else got this feeling?
Don’t know about a greasy chip butty, but a gallon of Magnet sounds good.

Was intending to watch the replay without knowing the score - (game happened in early hours of morning here).. but clicked on replay and the match report + score as a headline is included on the same page. Why do they do that!!! Still watched it but not nearly as good!

Well, I got home about 35 minutes ago (thank you Ty and Vicki), enjoying my second G&T and I've suddenly got this urge for a greasy chip butty.

Anyone else got this feeling?

Haha. Like it.

That's both Sheffield clubs dumped by teams two divisions below, in the second round. Can't have happened very often, especially on home turf.

Last edited:
I think I missed Erhahon being disappointing tbh, behind the goal isn't always the best vantage point but I thought he was pretty tidy? Him and Mandroiu seemed to be looking for each other quite a bit when Mandroiu was coming deep for the ball. Maybe I missed something!

I thought, in shape, positioning, breaking down play, Erhahon was superb. Tracking back players etc. His distribution was a little poor at times but I'd agree completely- Erhahon is an engine and he is front and centre of this club doing well and last night I thought he was excellent

Back home...will catch up tomorrow but that was a glorious hard won match. Team put in a real shift tonight.
Plus seen the draw and that is equally glorious
Great atmosphere in the away end all match
Anyhow have to be up at half five so good night

McCall, during his post match interview (I guess Heckingbottom didn't want to come out), was rather pointed in his observations about "shame isn't wasn't a full house, Lincoln came in numbers and really supported their team all game"- when the opposition management team hear it, smell it and mention it then we've done our bit as well.

Their fans are an interesting bunch. Before the game they're complaining that they're risking too many strong players or saying that they were going to batter us due to their team selection. After the game, it's 'well it was only our Under 21s, blah blah blah' on their forum. For the record, they had 2 U21s starting last night - one who has played twice in the prem this season and one who just cost them £18 million.
Average age of the Sheffield United lineup = 26.2.
Average age of the Lincoln starting lineup = 23

Was intending to watch the replay without knowing the score - (game happened in early hours of morning here).. but clicked on replay and the match report + score as a headline is included on the same page. Why do they do that!!! Still watched it but not nearly as good!
I’ve trained the Mrs to set up the replay for exactly this reason.

Their fans are an interesting bunch. Before the game they're complaining that they're risking too many strong players or saying that they were going to batter us due to their team selection. After the game, it's 'well it was only our Under 21s, blah blah blah' on their forum. For the record, they had 2 U21s starting last night - one who has played twice in the prem this season and one who just cost them £18 million.
Might not be exactly the same fans!

Blimey that’s gutting mate, at least a small solace is you know there’s a happy ending!

Yeah nonsense isn't it. Their front two was about 36 million worth (about 18 million per shot I reckon based on last night)

Hard working, supremely organised, well prepared and disciplined and we didn’t need to be anything else. Sheffield were pathetic really, a lot of pointless possession and no threat at all. Never got the feeling they were going to score and it was never edge of the seat hanging on type of feeling and it almost had a pre season friendly feel to the game. it just felt inevitable we would beat them on penalties.

The morning after I’m going to have two moans. Nothing to do with our magnificent performance.
I’m still fuming about their keeper. He threw that bottle at least 30 yards just going over the heads of a large group of ball boys & stewards and nearly hit a young lad in the stands. Seem to remember a certain player of ours got sent off . The officials obviously saw it as the linesman was telling Lukas where it was.
Other thing, I can’t believe in 2023 there are such crap seats available in PL grounds as we had. Dread to think how much you would pay for that in the PL. Luckily the last pen sailed into the sky as that was the only way I could see, the others had to go on crowd reaction! (Also wondering what I’ve done to upset the ticket office, not the 1st time when there’s random ticket allocation we get stuck in the corner!)