Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Bramall-Lane-Sheffield-United-scaled.jpg

So, Sheffield United away at Bramall Lane in the Second Round of the League Cup is here!

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Mark Kennedy said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Sheffield United supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle). Then, of course, vote on the poll once that has been started!

Archer and McBurnie could be a handful but their style of play may also suit our centre backs. At least we won't be facing the Brewster goal machine.

As of 1pm ish yesterday they had sold about 5k tickets and their fans will be spread out. This should enable us to make it a home atmosphere, not dissimilar to our MK Dons visit during the championship winning season.

Who knows we may get blown away and I can see us making four or five changes of our own. However taking into account they played on Sunday and are playing Saturday lunchtime there will be changes to their line up; I don't think we will ever start a game where we will have a better chance of turning over Premier League opposition in their own back yard. Sit back and see if our lads can execute this opportunity.

Archer and McBurnie could be a handful but their style of play may also suit our centre backs. At least we won't be facing the Brewster goal machine.

As of 1pm ish yesterday they had sold about 5k tickets and their fans will be spread out. This should enable us to make it a home atmosphere, not dissimilar to our MK Dons visit during the championship winning season.

Who knows we may get blown away and I can see us making four or five changes of our own. However taking into account they played on Sunday and are playing Saturday lunchtime there will be changes to their line up; I don't think we will ever start a game where we will have a better chance of turning over Premier League opposition in their own back yard. Sit back and see if our lads can execute this opportunity.
I think McBurnie maybe suits us, but Archer would make me a bit nervous based on his pace? I'd rather have Paudie or Jackson up against a McBurnie than an Archer...

Should be fun anyway and you are right it's going to be a good away end. When I stood in there with Boro fans last season (best mate is a fan) was a cracking atmosphere (2,700 or so) and that was with a much fuller home end. Looking forward to it!

I think McBurnie maybe suits us, but Archer would make me a bit nervous based on his pace? I'd rather have Paudie or Jackson up against a McBurnie than an Archer...

Should be fun anyway and you are right it's going to be a good away end. When I stood in there with Boro fans last season (best mate is a fan) was a cracking atmosphere (2,700 or so) and that was with a much fuller home end. Looking forward to it!
I reckon Mitchell will play so I am hoping he effectively matches up against Archer.

I think if we seriously want to have a go at beating them which is a very tall order anyway, minimum changes is the only way to do it.

You can probably get away with one or two but once you start making four or five then your taking as much as a chance as they are by changing their team and they will have much more strength in depth than we have.

Continuity and familiarisation is the key. Players who have been playing together in a balanced team and that has some confidence about it because of the recent results they have been picking up. That is probably the more likely way we can cause an upset tonight.

Going to be setting off around 3ish...

Any suggestions for safe no restrictions street parking off the A61 coming from Chesterfield side???

Going to be setting off around 3ish...

Any suggestions for safe no restrictions street parking off the A61 coming from Chesterfield side???
Head for Broadfield Close, if you are coming from Chesterfield come over Meadowhead round about down Chesterfield Road/A61 through Woodseats until you get to B&M's/Lidl turn left go under the bridge and follow the road round you can then park in The Hardy Pick or on Broadfield Close. It's about 15 min walk to the ground or the bus stop on Abbeydale Road is 300 yards with multiple bus numbers going by, it's about 4 stops takes 5 mins and costs 2 quid.

Head for Broadfield Close, if you are coming from Chesterfield come over Meadowhead round about down Chesterfield Road/A61 through Woodseats until you get to B&M's/Lidl turn left go under the bridge and follow the road round you can then park in The Hardy Pick or on Broadfield Close. It's about 15 min walk to the ground or the bus stop on Abbeydale Road is 300 yards with multiple bus numbers going by, it's about 4 stops takes 5 mins and costs 2 quid.

Much obliged