Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sheffield United v Lincoln City

Quite a few people have been sat on the fence about Jensen. Well it's time to get off it 5 clean sheets in 7 league and Cup games now 2 penalty saves in a penalty shoot out. To me that's pretty impressive.
We have been spoiled with goalkeepers in recent times, thinking Allsop, Vickers, Gilks, Palmer, Griffiths, Rushworth that must represent quite a few Championship appearances

Regardless of the result / draw, it was a good display by Mitchell, TJ performed well against good opposition. Sean Roughan did not look out of place. Going by what was said on the commentary the only person who did not perform as expected was Erhahan
Relying on radio commentary but with the competent pairing. Sounded like all the starting back 3 were magnificent and belied their collective lack of experience and zero match time together.

Erhahon sounded disappointing early on, but got plaudits as the game progressed and particularly at the sharp end.

We have a real good squad and tonight’s result proves that. Well done to all. To make good money out of this competition we have to be drawn against SALFORD. If not win the next few rounds until we meet and beat them later in the competion

Been out with friends this evening and missed the whole game. Just got in and saw we won on pens- BLOODY BRILLIANT. One of those games where I had a sneaking suspicion we could win but didn’t want to jinx it by saying it out loud. Having said that I didn’t realise we had so many changes in defence, so the team really did do brilliantly. WELL DONE IMPS 👏👏👏. Fingers crossed for the draw 🤞🤞🤞

Regardless of the result / draw, it was a good display by Mitchell, TJ performed well against good opposition. Sean Roughan did not look out of place. Going by what was said on the commentary the only person who did not perform as expected was Erhahan
To be fair Ethan didn't have a bad game. He normally sets a high bar though!

Quality that! Attritional of course but to restrict a premier league side (even one that had lots of youngsters on at the end) to barely a chance is tremendous. Bar the last ten the pressure never really seemed to come, even if they had a fair amount of the ball.

My random special mention would be to Eyoma who had I thought a very solid game. Mitchell too on his first start, but I thought Eyoma especially who didn't seem to put a foot wrong, was fairly calm on the ball and cleared it when it needed clearing. Was good to see!

There was some karma in that penalty shootout. I saw their keeper throw a water bottle into the home stand. Didn’t realise until the interview it was Jensen’s. Shithouse
He looked like he was moaning that jensen was off his line for the first pen he saved too, eejit