Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

We are probably 4 players stronger than the first match with them.
Eyoma for gotts
edun for roughan
walsh for eyoma at cb
bridcutt.

great to see montsma is fit enough for the bench.

Hull’s first 3 goals on Saturday, resulted from
one free header following a set piece (step forward jorge)
Pompey failed to deal with a low cross from the left. (Edun style)
one low cross from the right back. (Eyoma please)

For me, the point about this game, is that we need to be able to beat the Pompeys of this world, as they represent a good benchmark of what may come in the Championship. If we go up, we need to finish higher than 3 other clubs, in order to stay there and the bottom 6 in the Championship are likely to be of the same standard as Pompey. If we can't beat them, then we will really struggle.

It is all very well, doing well enough against poor League 1 teams to get promoted, but if we are going to do anything with that success we need to be able to beat good sides.

All that said, I have gone from being a little trepidatious to be really quite excited about our upcoming run of fixtures. Come through it relatively unscathed and the dream is very much on. Come through it poorly and we are still in the hunt. Come through it well and promotion is ours to lose.

UTI
Made me think, if the unthinkable happens nearly every game next season could be on a par with this 😮

Our lot warming up. Now I don't have an issue with Harry growing his hair but that is a pony tail I believe.

Wrong