Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City

I know we aren’t allowed to criticise just yet but I thought I’d go rogue

We’ve only beaten sides in 10th, 15th and 20th this season.

no one is owning up to the balls up that was our transfer policy.

forget budgets and formations if you can’t string 6 passes together you are in trouble.
It’s going to be a long season
Be careful you can't say a bad word here

Glad your happy with our recruitment! Guess Morecombe have a better budget than us do they?

We're 10 games in. Who would you bring in as manager, just as a matter of interest? Paul Hurst? Should be in olive.

We just can't seem to put together two decent performances after each other at the moment.

Credit to Morecambe who deserve their win. They have players who work hard and in Stockton a match winning striker. I did expect that to finish 24th this season but if they can keep him until the end they will be fine

FT. We got what we deserved - nothing from a performance that just never got going. So many misplaced passes and we were second to every ball. Credit to Morecambe - they had done their homework, withstood early Imps play then settled and took control of the game. Can’t help thinking we need one or two six footers and a more physical presence - we look small against some of our opponents. Skilful players and tactics will take you so far but you do need a bit of physicality at times. Is it just a case of still suffering from lack of fitness and injuries or do we need something more? On to Saturday.

Be careful you can't say a bad word here

Constructive criticism would be helpful. Where is it? The pitch needed attention, or were you happy with it? Were you happy with Saturday's performance? If so, why are we suddenly relegation material?

Are we allowed to call that 'performance' disgraceful, or are we still only allowed to be grateful that we aren't in the national league still? Pathetic attitude from the players against a team that's just played 70 minutes with 10 men. No desire, just strolling around for 85 minutes before an embarrassing final push which seemed to be just for show. Regan Poole played well, Montsma was OK, but guilty of 'misplacing' passes because nobody in midfield or attack actually wants the ball. Momentum well and truly lost.

Last edited: