Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City

its time to raid the free transfer market as we need a better option then bringing on a chap who falls over the ball and someone that has scored 1 goal by the time they are 22. That’s only 1 more then me and I have never played professionally

I seriously doubt there is a 20 goal a season striker still available on a free transfer within our wage budget. We will have to make do with what we have and find a way of getting the best out of them. That still (in my not in any way expert opinion) involves a switch in formation to a diamond type and get Scully into the 18 yard box more

In sum, a breeze for Morecambe who did the basics right. Unlike Lincoln who looked like strangers to one another.

I fully concur with that; my thoughts were "dreadfully poor performance from the lads tonight. Do they actually know each other?"

Poor, Hopper might not have been at his best recently but we miss him. N'lundulu never held the ball up, won a header, won free kicks and his passing and desire to win were non existent. Defence was lightweight, Not sure whether Robson is going to be good enough, early days so not giving up yet though. Players just don't seem to understand each others movements and we lack pace. Scully is struggling to live up to his million pound tag he's had placed on him. We lack leadership on the pitch although Bridcutt had one of his best games i've seen him play. A lot of things going against us, injuries, missing out in the transfer window and when you bring your striker off and bring a player on that normally wouldn't make the bench then your in trouble. Got to pick points up in these matches otherwise before we know it we'll be in a relegation battle. Going to be a long season and i think we'll see what Appleton is made of and also the imp supporters who have tasted nothing but success recently. Going to have to be patient as i can see this message board becoming quite heated over the next few months.

I seriously doubt there is a 20 goal a season striker still available on a free transfer within our wage budget. We will have to make do with what we have and find a way of getting the best out of them. That still (in my not in any way expert opinion) involves a switch in formation to a diamond type and get Scully into the 18 yard box more

a tenth of that return is prolific compared to our current options.

we can’t afford to be without McGrandles and Hooper for long

Well, we were too often sloppy in all areas of the field. It was as if we'd left all our ability behind at Burton. Arguable whether tonight or Oxford was our worst performance of the season.

Fiorini disappeared from the game when he was moved out to the right and hardly got back in it when he reverted to the middle. Scully was hardly in the game for most of it, and after missing our best chance N'Lundulu could do nothing right, so it was no surprise that Longdon replaced him as he couldn't be any more ineffective.

We're certainly inconsistent away from home. Let's hope we can play properly again on Saturday.

Performances are swinging too much for my liking (even taking into account young group), we're not getting any consistency at all, which is perhaps because of the lack of consistency in team selections but ultimately, we've got a weaker squad than last season in my opinion and some of the big boys have decided to wake up. The likes of Charlton and Ipswich aren't going to hang around where they are either. It feels like a bit of a double whammy for us.

10 league games in and no clean sheet isn't exactly great either.

All that said, a win on Saturday and it doesn't seem that bad a week. But our home form under MA is, er, patchy.

Think we're going to have these bad results and performances based on how we are at the moment. Hopefully we'll pick up enough points to be relatively comfortable but i think we're going to have to find some sort of home form. Does feel like we might need to do a bit of business in January after an underwhelming window.

I like Remy and he tries hard, not a bad player to have for the EFL Trophy etc but I think it's a bad sign he's coming on in league games especially when we're trying to turn them around. Shows the lack of depth in the squad sadly (not as if it sounds like the first team forwards played well either).

I'm also not sure how able we are to play Saturday Tuesday with all the injury and fitness problems.

In sum, a breeze for Morecambe who did the basics right. Unlike Lincoln who looked like strangers to one another.
They did indeed play like strangers, Adelakun in particular was medium wave to the others' FM, happening too often with him. Yet bar Bridcutt, who for me was ourMoTM, this was the side which competed so well on Saturday. What you get with a young, transitional side but credit also to Morecambe, who set up well and league position shows they do this regularly.

Mapp sounding a bit miserable to be honest. Very unimpressed with the front three, Adelakun came off because he was 'poor', will have these games without certain players in the team...

Think we're going to have these bad results and performances based on how we are at the moment. Hopefully we'll pick up enough points to be relatively comfortable but i think we're going to have to find some sort of home form. Does feel like we might need to do a bit of business in January after an underwhelming window.

I like Remy and he tries hard, not a bad player to have for the EFL Trophy etc but I think it's a bad sign he's coming on in league games especially when we're trying to turn them around. Shows the lack of depth in the squad sadly (not as if it sounds like the first team forwards played well either).

I'm also not sure how able we are to play Saturday Tuesday with all the injury and fitness problems.

I can’t understand Appleton as he said he will not sign players for the sake of it yet he gives Longdon a new contract. We could have dispensed with him and someone like Roughan who is no why near the team and used the money towards someone who will be in the first team

I can’t understand Appleton as he said he will not sign players for the sake of it yet he gives Longdon a new contract. We could have dispensed with him and someone like Roughan who is no why near the team and used the money towards someone who will be in the first team

Harsh on Roughan. He actually looked to fit in nicely in the team at the start of last season. And, do you see training? Nope?

Mapp sounding a bit miserable to be honest. Very unimpressed with the front three, Adelakun came off because he was 'poor', will have these games without certain players in the team...

they are his signings though that is weak saying that

I don’t like it when managers criticise his players in public - what would happen if they or someone from the club criticised the tactics I bet he would go ape

Harsh on Roughan. He actually looked to fit in nicely in the team at the start of last season. And, do you see training? Nope?

I don’t need to see if they are not being picked for the team and performing in the league they could be the worlds best trainers but it’s worthless

Young players are often inconsistent. We can delight in how young a team we have after games like Saturday but shouldn't be surprised when they have a stinker like tonight
It was a poor game from both sides really. Quality goal deserved to win it and we never looked like coming back from that.
Missing McGrandles as much as anyone. Bishop gets forward at times but none of the other midfielders get up to help the forwards quickly enough. Fiorini obviously has a great eye for goal but he is another young player who will have his off days.
I am sure we will have more good performances before too long. Lets hope we can have a few at home and get the crowd behind us