Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City

FT. We got what we deserved - nothing from a performance that just never got going. So many misplaced passes and we were second to every ball. Credit to Morecambe - they had done their homework, withstood early Imps play then settled and took control of the game. Can’t help thinking we need one or two six footers and a more physical presence - we look small against some of our opponents. Skilful players and tactics will take you so far but you do need a bit of physicality at times. Is it just a case of still suffering from lack of fitness and injuries or do we need something more? On to Saturday.

but the problem is we have played over 20% of the season already. We need to be prepared to mix up the play and also let the ball do the work in the final 3rd it’s no good beating loads of players then cocking it up

Forward options looking weak.

I'd sign Stockton in a heart-beat.

Until that is sorted, we're going nowhere.

I think Appleton is fully aware that the forward line is lacking in numbers. I think he stated that we are two players short. We thought we had one sorted for it fall through at the death. Difficult to know what the approach was for the other player.

I think some of us feared it would be a bit of a slog until the January transfer window and it seems to be that way so far. Hoping that our young ayers can grow from the experience and improve as the season goes on.

Shocking performance we had the one chance at nil nil and failed to take it Morecambe were very hard working and gave us no time on the ball.

We created practically nothing lots of misplaced passes and as other posters have said we need a greater physical presence.

Maybe MA is not the messiah after all?

Shocking performance we had the one chance at nil nil and failed to take it Morecambe were very hard working and gave us no time on the ball.

We created practically nothing lots of misplaced passes and as other posters have said we need a greater physical presence.

Maybe MA is not the messiah after all?

Teams know how to combat us.

Work hard, press us and were quite limited.

If we want to play the way we are playing we need players up front with touch, guile and the ability to pass.

I don't see that we have that.

I think Appleton is fully aware that the forward line is lacking in numbers. I think he stated that we are two players short. We thought we had one sorted for it fall through at the death. Difficult to know what the approach was for the other player.

I think some of us feared it would be a bit of a slog until the January transfer window and it seems to be that way so far. Hoping that our young ayers can grow from the experience and improve as the season goes on.

its time to raid the free transfer market as we need a better option then bringing on a chap who falls over the ball and someone that has scored 1 goal by the time they are 22. That’s only 1 more then me and I have never played professionally

As much as we all love TJ and Montsma, they were both poor tonight, Montsma looking for the Hollywood pass all the time giving it away too easily (including when Bridcutt concededed the free kick for the 2nd), TJ turned way too easily for the first and the same thing happened a short while later.