Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers

CHAMPIONS!

We really deserved to, and should have, won that game! However I'll take a draw if it means we win the league.

We dominated the game but struggled with that final ball and finish. That said, I thought Tranmere defended us very well and had some good chances as well. I'm not sure how it finished 0-0 looking back at the chances for both teams!

I thought the whole team played very well, especially considering a lot of them did 60 minutes 10 v 11 only 3 days ago. Its very tricky to pick out man of the match but I'll give it to bossie just for that sliding interception to prevent Norwood going through!

Time to celebrate!

One thing I must say as well is that biggest compliment I can give this lot is that we were in control all season. A handful of teams tried to peg us back but we shook them off with ease. No real promotion race, no title race, all felt a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’. We've felt in control and kept teams at arms length for most of the season. Just a really, professional, efficient, no fuss job.
Been telling my mate the same for weeks. He wasn't having it though, predicting a loss virtually every game!

Finally home in Wales after a teeny bit of post match celebrating ????

Fabulous fabulous day out and third season in a row winning a trophy and going up once again as Champions and doing so spookily on April 22nd again !!
I shall forever look forward to this date in all subsequent seasons ????

Thank you so so much to Danny and Nicky and every one of the players who have been part of this amazing journey of a lifetime and all the staff and directors who have put things in place.

Totally f@#$%%^$#ing buzzing
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::band2::band2::band2::band2::band2::band2::party::party::party::party::band2::band2:
:party::party::party:

I have just returned home after a lovely few days at my parents and taking in the match and celebrations at Sincil Bank.
For a 0-0 draw I thought the game was a pretty good one. We've certainly played worse and won this season but credit Tranmere who were very well organised at the back and if Norwood had brought his shooting boots they might have nicked it.
We made plenty of chances though and overall a decent performance but what matters is that we are Champions after such a great season. The atmosphere to was fantastic from before kick off to well after the match. Tranmere supporters played their part in that to be fair to them, but overall a fabulous day and one that will stay long in the memory

I thought we were brilliant first half, probably as exciting going forward as I've seen us all year. But second half you could tell we were tiring, Tranmere too. Sometimes I think we fans forget how draining playing football actually is. Two high pressure games in four days in that heat...rather them than me. I'll stick to an hour of five a side a week thanks.

How was that not a handball and penalty in the second half, btw? His arm wasn't even in a natural position given the nature of the block and body position.

Even the Tranmere fans at the other of the ground thought was!
Backhouse doesn't like us does he?

Nice of those cheeky scallies to ask us where we were when we were shit. Pity we couldn't ask them why they had borrowed our hubcaps!?

Nice of those cheeky scallies to ask us where we were when we were shit. Pity we couldn't ask them why they had borrowed our hubcaps!?

To be honest I could not hear them singing during the game in upper 2 of the Co-Op but knew they was was with them all standing and waving.. by the way for a change all the corporate ticket holders in LL was in good voice for the game and all came out for the second half!

I sit just to the right of the tv camera thing!. That was the most noise I had heard all season. I wear 2 hearing aids so my head was giving it rootie toot afterwards!.

Like many, I was sitting where they were singing. If I give them my alloys do you think I could have my seat back?