Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
This Match Is Not About Me - Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers:

Information about today's Match Officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/this-match-is-not-about-me-lincoln-city-v-tranmere-rovers/

"I thought we would stay up and consolidate." (Who Are Ya?):

"I thought we would stay up and consolidate. However, I knew we would be strong. Expectations have been made however I think we could push on."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/i-thought-we-would-stay-up-and-consolidate/

"We need to go toe-to-toe with them and ensure we don't allow them to build pressure.":

"Play like we're the home team. I think Tranmere will be coming here to attack us and we have a tendency to sit back after the first 10 when teams do that. We need to go toe-to-toe with them and ensure we don't allow them to build pressure."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-ensure-we-dont-allow-them-to-build-pressure/

Hope Mansfield and MK both fail to win.
Then we won't need anything ourselves today which is what i fear will happen.

Tough game today and one I was expecting might yield nothing, whereas I expected something from Carlisle. Hope I'm wrong and we produce a display worthy of champions.

I think there is a fair bit of nervous tension in the air. We are a better team than them, we are at home with 9000 fans cheering us on.Let's get at them and finish the job in style today.

3 game season. No tippy tappy stuff needed today just one big push and it’s all over with 2 games to go. Start with Mr R and Mr A and go for a full on aerial bombardment!
No compromise and 3 goal lead before half time please.
Not pretty but effective.

3 game season. No tippy tappy stuff needed today just one big push and it’s all over with 2 games to go. Start with Mr R and Mr A and go for a full on aerial bombardment!
No compromise and 3 goal lead before half time please.
Not pretty but effective.
No need to panic and go route 1, especially against Tranmere. Our normal game will be good enough today, that extra bit of pressure will do us good and prevent complacency slipping in like it did in several other home games.

Last edited:
Wasn't confident last Friday because Danny said the players could do as they pleased the previous Saturday night due to securing promotion. A good night out coupled with the relief of actually achieving promotion makes it understandable that we weren't running Carlisle ragged (especially with ten men, I'm not knocking the effort).
I expect they will all have their game faces on today for the big one. CMON U Imps!

Very excited about today. Mini Jeffess is coming to the game today with my father in-law. It is sunny, warm and I like the fact we are playing Tranmere. Old rivalries from 'that' tense and famous run in from two years ago.

I would love to see a carnival style game from us, now that the shackles have been removed (Lee Mason related pun intended).

I really would love to see a Matt Rhead hatrick. Just so he can smash the issue or if it is 49 or 50.

Today's permutations:
WIN: champions
DRAW: champions provided Mansfield fail to win
DEFEAT: champions provided Mansfield and MK Dons fail to win.

Barring the freak 4-1 win at Exeter, Mansfield are not in good away form, while Oldham have improved massively since the departure of Paul Scholes. Despite their lowly league position, Port Vale have the best defence in League Two away from home with just 17 conceded in 21 games. Unfortunately for them, they also have the joint worst attack away from home, with just 13 scored.

LWWDWL MK Dons v Port Vale LLddWL
DLDWWD Oldham v Mansfield LLLdWD (live on SkySports)

Last edited:
** Harry Anderson needs three goals to reach double figures for the season. Harry has now gone 18 games without a goal, so well overdue.

** John Akinde needs two to reach double figures from open play, and one penalty to reach double figures from the spot.

** Akinde also needs three more to become the 36th City player to score 20 in a season; it would be the 44th time any City player has reached that milestone.

** Matt Rhead still requires one more for that elusive 50th goal. That also seems overdue - he hasn't scored in 18 games, although many of those were late cameos from the bench. He will become only the 27th City player to reach 50.

** The only current outfield players who have yet to score this season are James Brown, Jordan Roberts and Lee Angol.

** We have scored 90 goals; although it looks very unlikely now, can we hit 100 for the second season in three?

Surprised sky can do a live game kicking off at 3pm. Might have that on the other screen...

I hope the imps fans are buoyant, loud and positive today. Lifting the team, rather than transmitting tension... we really are in a great position to go for it. Uti