Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers

table trivia question.
on identical points, goal difference and goals scored with burton, yet bbc table has us above them. anyone know how that is decided?

double whammy on the sending off, as he was causing problems.
Their 2 quick forwards highlighting the lack of pace of eardley, Bolger and boz - which would be why they were doing most of their attacking down our right

anderson getting in good positions down our right, but he needs walker in there to make a run for the cross. Akinde is a re-active type player, which is not great for a striker.

45 minutes to look good passing it around the 10 men now, but we need more threat in the box
Harry's final ball back to shocking.
Service to front line totally substandard.

Well, me made tough work of that!

As you'd expect playing against 10 men, we were well on top for most of the game. The sending off was correct by the letter of the law and mindless by thier player!

We played some really nice football at times, but as soon as it hit the final third we were poor. The delivery into the box wasn't good enough. I think we only put in two actually good crosses in. Though I will say that Tranmere defended thier box very well.

We defended exceptionally well and any of the back 4 could have got man of the match. Thier number 18 caused us a few problems and I was very surprised to see him taken off. Likewise I thought our decision to take Morrell off was odd as he was controlling the game from deep. It felt like we lost some flow when he went off but thankfully Akinde took his second good chance, which was enough to win it for us. Prior to that I couldn't see us scoring! Also thought Ellis played really well, I wasn't convinced on him yet, but he's made me think twice!

Finally we got the rub of a green from a ref. I think he gave a lot of small decisions to Tranmere, but he missed the stone wall penalty for them.

Great to start with a win at the new stadium. 100% record and a clean sheet. All points are important this year!

That akinde goal was rubbish. It came back off the bar and only just crossed the line even though he was really close to the goal. What a dismal attempt. He really is a hopeless lump.
That akinde goal was rubbish. It came back off the bar and only just crossed the line even though he was really close to the goal. What a dismal attempt. He really is a hopeless lump.
You looking for a bite or just really thick