Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers

For those of us with a pessimistic view of City we can take heart after Saturday`s result, that we are still sitting at 50/1 for relegation and skybet going 66/1.

break open that Babycham?

Mate, it is far better to make no excuse at all than to make a bad one.
Well, maybe one that Superman wouldn't have caught up with but on a sunny day we'd of had no problem with the other. 😁
Isn't that why DC constantly watered the pitch to allow the ball to move faster?

On Grant I think he is our most creative player but a few occasions he made half a yard with a piece of skill but he doesn’t drive forward with the ball when this happens, tends to stop and play a cross field ball.
Also Chapman is so left footed that when he receives the ball in midfield his body shape almost inevitably means he passes backwards so that’s something he can work on I think
Not that I am one to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but every time I see Ellis in the starting team sheet I'm disappointed. And yes, I know he's a young homegrown with potential but he gives us very little at the moment. Tackling is poor, distribution negative, not good in the air and a bit on the slow side, far too languid, and totally out of his depth at the moment in League One. He really needs to be loaned out again for experience. And yes, I know Danny said "He could be anything" but Danny also said of Adam Marriott "He's special", but never played him. And while I'm here, much as I love Neil Eardley, it may be time to give him a rest and give Lewis an outing or two before we lose his young talent, rather as we did with some half decent centre halves.

Not that I am one to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but every time I see Ellis in the starting team sheet I'm disappointed. And yes, I know he's a young homegrown with potential but he gives us very little at the moment. Tackling is poor, distribution negative, not good in the air and a bit on the slow side, far too languid, and totally out of his depth at the moment in League One. He really needs to be loaned out again for experience. And yes, I know Danny said "He could be anything" but Danny also said of Adam Marriott "He's special", but never played him. And while I'm here, much as I love Neil Eardley, it may be time to give him a rest and give Lewis an outing or two before we lose his young talent, rather as we did with some half decent centre halves.
Hi Clive
At the present time Lewis is on the injury list.

Apart from the Oxford game we have been pretty solid defensively. If we were shipping goals left right centre I would say we were in trouble. Haven’t we already kept 8 clean sheets? Nearly on bar with last season.

1998-99
P19 W3 D3 L13 PTS 12 (24/24)

2019-20
P19 W7 D3 L9 PTS 24 (15/23)
Wow!
So twice as many points then, I knew we struggled that season in the first half of the season but didn't remember it was that bad.
Amazing we gave ourselves a chance of survival.

Haven’t we already kept 8 clean sheets? Nearly on bar with last season.
Not quite - we kept 13 clean sheets in the league last season, but you raise a very interesting point. We did not keep our 8th clean sheet last season until our 33rd league game (the 2-0 win at Morecambe on 23 February).

Freezing out there today and christmas on the way .Yet you think it's oppriate to criticise those who have turned out to support the Imps today ? Have a fucking word with yourself

eh ? Where am I critical of those that attended ? In fact my comment about being disappointed with the size of the gate could be taken as implied criticism of those of us on here that didn’t attend. My comment said neither And was only surprise that after a 6 week gap in home fixtures we got a gate 500 below our season to date average. That’s all :shrug:

Not quite - we kept 13 clean sheets in the league last season, but you raise a very interesting point. We did not keep our 8th clean sheet last season until our 33rd league game (the 2-0 win at Morecambe on 23 February).

"We aim to get stronger as the season progresses" DC...

eh ? Where am I critical of those that attended ? In fact my comment about being disappointed with the size of the gate could be taken as implied criticism of those of us on here that didn’t attend. My comment said neither And was only surprise that after a 6 week gap in home fixtures we got a gate 500 below our season to date average. That’s all :shrug:
Fair enough Steve .I might have over reacted a bit ! Nothing personal mate