Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Local radio have just lost a listener I'm afraid. Questions what questions.
Let us all agree and remain friends.

Didn't listen personally but I'd be very surprised if any local radio asks THE questions that most fans would like after a defeat.

Although disappointed tonight with the performance and result we are still in a position in the league that exceeds my expectations for this season so far. Would agree with many comments on here about lack of changes tonight and the need for a proper centre forward. Really couldn't understand why Hopper seemed to be out wide to receive the ball all the time which meant nobody in the box. Onwards to Northampton on Saturday for probably a very physical encounter.
UTI!!!

Just watched last 20 mins of Stamford game. Luke Steele one match goalkeeper had to come off. Replaced by 17 yr old in goal. Captain and goal scorer hobbling on one leg. Impressive win over Kidderminster in FA trophy, have bye in next round so 4th round it is.

Must admit I thought Grant played well second half came looking for the ball and tried to get things going we deserved a draw but we do not test the opposing goalkeepers enough but Johnson seemed to disappear for periods and I would have preferred Anderson to come on as a right winger rather than as a right back when one down.

I would have preferred Anderson to come on as a right winger rather than as a right back when one down.

I think the idea was that he was more of an effective attacking threat than Eyoma had been. Both full backs in the second half were doing more attacking than defending.

Losing one nil with ten minutes to go Palmer to Anderson to Montsma to Walsh to Edina to Walsh to Montsma to Anderson repeat.........

I don't know anything about the game so I might be slightly out with this post but I can't imagine this has thrown up anything that we weren't already aware.

We've had a decent run of results. Good point at Accy, wins against Swindon, Wigan and Rochdale then a heavy defeat against Sunderland but one that was probably magnified by how many thought we'd get at least a point out of it.

A narrow loss tonight against a side who haven't conceded many goals for a few seasons anyway and for every 1-0 defeat like tonight, we get a 1-0 at Swindon. Whilst we're down on goals and strikers, that's the way it's going to be.

To be joint second at this stage, with a game in hand on some, with only two weeks until we can, hopefully, get another striker in and strengthen is excellent. I think it'd been a solid first third of the season and the last two results certainly won't be clouding my judgement on that.

Hull have faltered the same time as us and results have been ok again tonight.

We could do with at least 4 from the next two games heading into Hull.

As mentioned before by Billy, its ok getting a top striker, but they need service. We are trying to walk it in, or we get to a point where we have exhausted the passing and don't know what to do with the ball next.

Who knows, the new striker could find himself on the left wing like Hopper tonight, rather than in the box.

Think MApp watched a different game to me. First time I have questioned his post match. We may have dominated but no end product.
Like Oxford, Charlton etc did against us. I wonder if the intensity of this season is affecting the management team as much as the players in it's own way.

What’s the point of saving people for Saturday and losing tonight?
It's a fine balancing act.

If you don't give players a breather at some point, you risk a handful picking up niggles and then you're without a decent chunk of your team. If you can manage some rotation where you're giving a different couple a breather every matchday then that, in theory, negates that.

I think we were pretty settled at the beginning of the season as you'd expect.

Squad depth and its youthfulness were highlighted as concerns as the season started.

A run if injuries has tested both to its limits culminating in 2 home defeats with no goals scored.

A disaster we all saw coming!

Really need a win on Saturday, and other results go our way to get out of trouble and, um, possibly go top?

It's been a sensational start to the season but most of us recognised that sooner or later a run of bad results would happen, let's treat triumph and disaster with equanimity.

Our opponents seem to be learning that we are a pressing team, but, we can't cope so well when we are pressed by them. Shrews did exactly this in the first half which resulted in Montsma's error and their goal.
After that it looked like we would never score.
I hope we can bring in new players soon as we need a proven goalscorer.