Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Beat ourselves, there.

Do we owe Waterford some money if Zack plays another league game? He tore them to bits last week, yet can't get on the pitch when we need an equaliser against the same team.
Agree it's ridiculous to make no subs until the 78th minute when we'd been behind since before half time.

A very good player but his contributions in last 2 games have been negligible, possibly time to use him as an impact sub. One goal from his one on ones with Sunderland would have made it a different game. If he is to be an impact sub. he has to be brought on of course.
14 appearances, 0 assists, 1 goal, 4 or 5 penalties which 2 were dodgy if we are honest.

It's tricky. I feel like our inability / decision to name an unchanged side occasionally is impacting us. Shrewsbury named an unchanged side and won for example. On the flip side though we struggle to fill the bench so maybe there's an ultra-cautious approach to protecting players.

Regarding the lack of substitutions, I just wonder whether Howarth, especially, and Scully were kept on because Appleton wanted to give them a chance to show what they could do over 90 minutes - for future reference as it were - plus give them some game time. No doubt I'm totally wide of the mark, but it's a theory. As it was, both of them - and Grant too for that matter - were more effective in the second half.

Unfashionable to say so, but overall man of the match for me was Edun - although he spent most of the last half hour practically in midfield.

But basically, that was two games in a row now that we've thrown away - Johnson not scoring early on against Sunderland and now Montsma giving the ball away.

Lethargic, lacking ideas, jaded, sloppy in the first half. Had Montsma's stab, straight at the 'keeper, gone in it could have been a different game. Who knew McGrandles was so influential.

Too many players not at it. Food for thought, but we are going to have dips ( see what I did there? 😜)

Let's be honest, we were bound to be found out without a striker, sooner or later.

All part of the learning curve.

Last edited:
Local radio have just lost a listener I'm afraid. Questions what questions.
Let us all agree and remain friends.

Regarding the lack of substitutions, I just wonder whether Howarth, especially, and Scully were kept on because Appleton wanted to give them a chance to show what they could do over 90 minutes - for future reference as it were - plus give them some game time. No doubt I'm totally wide of the mark, but it's a theory. As it was, both of them - and Grant too for that matter - were more effective in the second half.

Unfashionable to say so, but overall man of the match for me was Edun - although he spent most of the last half hour practically in midfield.

But basically, that was two games in a row now that we've thrown away - Johnson not scoring early on against Sunderland and now Montsma giving the ball away.

Elbouzedi needs game time.