Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Dear Fergie and your press team; can I suggest you leave your grapes on the vine a little longer having failed to turn over little old Lincoln, looking forward to having another crack at you next year.

Out thought, out fought, top sides in the division two weeks running. Can that with out played added, translate itself to opponents who we would be more expected to take the game to. About to find out over the next month; onwards.

The club is deluded, the fans are deluded, and now the local media has caught the disease too. Local media is partisan nowadays, but that is the work of a gold-plated pillock.
Peterborough media reporting on Posh has always been ludicrous and heavily bias, going back at least 30 years - it’s nothing new.

Perhaps they should have had one of their players back his arse into one of our defenders in the box, much like a baboon presenting itself on heat to the top baboon in the tribe. Then the ref could give them a penalty, oh and this should be done in the last minute of the game. Just a thought.

Perhaps they should have had one of their players back his arse into one of our defenders in the box, much like a baboon presenting itself on heat to the top baboon in the tribe. Then the ref could give them a penalty, oh and this should be done in the last minute of the game. Just a thought.
TBF, that is hands down the best description of the incident I have ever seen. Perhaps one for pheonix from the flames on fantasy football.

Perhaps they should have had one of their players back his arse into one of our defenders in the box, much like a baboon presenting itself on heat to the top baboon in the tribe. Then the ref could give them a penalty, oh and this should be done in the last minute of the game. Just a though

From the local P'boro paper, just wow:

2) It’s tempting to say the blueprint to stifle Posh has been laid out by Lincoln. Set up on as narrow a pitch as possible, defend deep and in numbers, hump the ball forward and try and catch a much more talented team playing out from the back. It’s a pretty negative approach, but with better forward players Lincoln might have won this game. Posh have been receiving well deserved accolades from the football world for the attractiveness of their football this season, but high praise has spooked some teams into playing for a draw, even at home. The roar from the home fans that greeted a ninth League One game without a win at the final whistle was one you’d more readily associate with a big win in the FA Cup.

I thought the clap at the end was more because they had a corner right at the depth and we defended it and the ref blew before they could attack again.

The talk about it being celebrated like a cup win is downright hilarious and just stinks of sour grapes that they didn’t pick up 3 points when they expected to.

There was a clip on Twitter from pitch side at FT and it was a ripple of appreciative applause so the Echo must have been particularly rowdy around the media area for it to come across as they're portraying!

I thought the clap at the end was more because they had a corner right at the depth and we defended it and the ref blew before they could attack again.

The talk about it being celebrated like a cup win is downright hilarious and just stinks of sour grapes that they didn’t pick up 3 points when they expected to.

'They're celebrating too much' has become a staple of the dumber online football banter types over the last couple of years. Like it's some sort of brilliant withering putdown not the petty sour grapes it always comes across as.

The fans applauded the players because they appreciated yet another excellent performance against a team currently near the top of the League.
We have seen some crap at home this season but the last two games have been really entertaining, despite the scorelines and every player has given everything.
If opposition fans and their Managers think that is odd and embarrassing, tough.
UTI.

The Pish media can only see no further than the sparkly, sparkly foodlights of London Rd. Outside this fairytale land all other football teams are nonentities. The local plastic cockerneys throng to read those mystic tales of football magic from the local Pravda. Surely a Pulitzer award will be forthcoming!?

I can't believe we fans care as much about what the local Peterborough press thinks, but apparently we do... amazing...
I can assure you Sincil most of us couldn’t give a flying toss and accept these sort of over hyped headlines are click bait for the stupid with nothing better to do.

I think it's called discussion- we didn't seem to mind discussing Paul Warne's views about Lincoln (nor the Derby media) when they were complimentary about us. Discussing the other sides views are just part of normal post match discourse
And then Peterborough discuss how we talk about what their press says and then we chat about how Peterborough discuss how we talk about what their press says and so on….