Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-Stadium-v-Cheltenham-Town-h-13-04-2019.jpg

So, we're back at home again, this time versus Peterborough United in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Peterborough United supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

A prime coupon buster today. On form we have no chance reflected in us being 3/1 or 4/1 at the bookies to win. Football always has a way of surprising you.

Last week showed mega improvement and I’d hope the team can kick on after another week training.

Probably the biggest challenge for the defence this season against a ridiculously good Posh attack. We’ll need to score probably multiple goals to win as I don’t see a clean sheet.

UTI.

A prime coupon buster today. On form we have no chance reflected in us being 3/1 or 4/1 at the bookies to win. Football always has a way of surprising you.

Last week showed mega improvement and I’d hope the team can kick on after another week training.

Probably the biggest challenge for the defence this season against a ridiculously good Posh attack. We’ll need to score probably multiple goals to win as I don’t see a clean sheet.

UTI.
It’s amazing they have been able to leave Clarke-Harris out of the squad last couple of games and still have a top attack.

Improvements last week, but I think we’ll need more to get anything from today.

Potential for a coupon buster, but not expecting much.

Taylor and Draper have the potential to win games between them - the Toshack/Keegan, Ferguson/Wallace arrangement that older fans will remember well. Cheaterborough may not know exactly what to expect from Lincoln in an attacking sense and that could prove interesting. They have had another week in which to work on it too.

I have great faith in defence particularly the centre backs. But the biggest worry for me is their pace in attack. I think the game could well be decided by if we cope with that.

Definately going to be a challenge today but let's not over bull these up too much.

Granted they are uneaten in the league since the first week in November and are a good side.

Their last two victories were against Shrewsbury and Charlton so you may expect them to beat them as you probably would us but it doesn't always work that way.

We will definitely have to perform at the top of our abilities today but another week on the training ground will have helped install more of the Skubala method into us.

Be fantastic to get a victory but will settle for a draw.

Ferguson is obviously aware of Taylor's pace. If nothing else they won't be able to play foo high a line at the back because of that threat.
Being aware of it is one thing, dealing with it is another.

How good it would be to beat the Posh. Concerned about our comparatively slow defence but we are now much better at going forward. Just have to out score them. Easy, what could possibly go wrong?

Come on City.