Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

I kept iFollow on in the background after the game. Not only did they show the highlights multiple times but also the Sky interviews with MA and Fergie. Very cool !

Another cracking game on ifollow we really battered them once they were down to 10 men and a belting free kick by Grant.

We are playing some superb football with Morrell running the show, thought Akinde as great when he came on really putting himself about.

With the run of games coming up no reason why we should not be top half by the end of the month.

Still do not like them playing around at the back it will be our undoing again.

Only seen a few posts on this thread, re comments about the first half, it’s about staying in the game grinding it out to make something happen and it did second half.

Fantastic display, hope Morrell stays until the end of the season. Grant was also outstanding amongst others.

Ha my minds a blank, he did say that he was disappointed with the goal given away first half. Bit of luck with the equaliser, praised the winner. Said we have been playing some good stuff lately and our best performance was Oxford even though we got beat.
Fergie was blaming the young lad getting sent off costing them the game, basically.

You know what I have become really sick of recently? People and their expectations.

Some people need to wind their necks in and remember Lincoln City haven't been at this level for quite some time.

I'm not saying forget the last 3 really successful years, but what I am saying is reset. Start again.

Michael Appleton will, in time, build a side that will do really well at this level and higher. This isn't even his own team, yet recently we have looked really good.

We have by far the best board we have had for years, and a manager that can develop young players and move them on for decent fees.

So, to those doubters, show some faith!

Something I should mention which I didn't replay but may be visible on the highlights is that the winning free kick was taken from the wrong place.

Grant placed the ball about two yards back from where the foul was made, allowing him to put the ball at the perfect distance from the goal.

And I know it's difficult to pass judgement on players you only see a couple of times but anyone from a higher level that takes Maddison or Eisa will be taking a hell of a gamble. In fact was Eisa withdrawn at any stage (serious question) as I don't remember seeing him?

Another great game. What a finish to a local derby. Like Ipswich, Peterborough are upset that we are even in the same league as them. Let alone Lincoln have the cheek to go and beat them!!

Lincoln put in an impressive performance, particularly in the second half. They did enough to deserve the win.

I am pleased that appleton and the team seem to be turning things around. The feel good factor was back against ipswich and again today.

I would be more than happy with a mid-table finish. But if Lincoln continue to play like this then where could we end up? Ipswich and Peterborough are amongst the favourites to go up. Did they really impress you? Were they superior to us? Absolutely not. Six points off the play-offs. Hope it gets interesting!

A great start to the year. Uti

Oh, and another "Posh" player assaulted one of ours, but this time didn't get away with it!

Something I should mention which I didn't replay but may be visible on the highlights is that the winning free kick was taken from the wrong place.

Grant placed the ball about two yards back from where the foul was made, allowing him to put the ball at the perfect distance from the goal.

And I know it's difficult to pass judgement on players you only see a couple of times but anyone from a higher level that takes Maddison or Eisa will be taking a hell of a gamble. In fact was Eisa withdrawn at any stage (serious question) as I don't remember seeing him?
He came off just after we levelled for Dembele, Eisa was anonymous, bought from Bristol for 1 million in the summer, they paid 1.5 million for him from Cheltenham.

Another great game. What a finish to a local derby. Like Ipswich, Peterborough are upset that we are even in the same league as them. Let alone Lincoln have the cheek to go and beat them!!

Lincoln put in an impressive performance, particularly in the second half. They did enough to deserve the win.

I am pleased that appleton and the team seem to be turning things around. The feel good factor was back against ipswich and again today.

I would be more than happy with a mid-table finish. But if Lincoln continue to play like this then where could we end up? Ipswich and Peterborough are amongst the favourites to go up. Did they really impress you? Were they superior to us? Absolutely not. Six points off the play-offs. Hope it gets interesting!

A great start to the year. Uti

Indeed, and non of them are MApp signings. What a coach pleased we have him !

Credit to the players Fantastic win and a very nice win on the nags for me
This could be a good year
We're on a roll,win at Sunderland please
14/1 build your own bet up on today's game. Downside being I was going to put a red card in and didn't.
Upside being I managed to put it on twice in error and there was no cash out :wahey:

I actually thought we played reasonably well first half and didn’t deserve to be behind at the break. Sloppy defending duly punished by Toney. However I thought defensively they were nervous throughout.

Odd tactics by posh playing a real narrow diamond and Woodyard was completely out of his comfort zone and George Boyd really has gone downhill.

You always sense with Posh if you can keep under their skin, they will eventually cave in, obviously the sending off helped - however they lack a bit of substance and a few too many show ponies.

Many points already been raised and I agree with what Appleton’s tactics bring in that it’s getting players into good positions and creating chances, it would have been all too obvious to of kept firing the ball up to Akinde once he came on.

Morrell was superb and Toffolo’s energy levels are something else.