Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United

Brian May did Astroohysics, didn't he, but that was Post Grad.

Like me, I imagine 55 years ago he was getting ready to start at Imperial College. Unlike me, he wasn't in the Metallurgy lab at Clayton Dewandre.

Met Brian at an eclipse viewing back in 2003 at very top of Scotland. He was with Patrick Moore too. Had a great chat with both.

I don’t think they are allowed to swap a red for a yellow, irrespective of whether it would have been first yellow or second.

We've appealed lesser reds than that and not had them overturned and with support from the other team and get them rescinded, shocking.
Southern bias.

Jeez! Reading Mrs Robinsons comments in the Oxford Mail it seems he was squealing to the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (!?) all Sat Sun and today to get this geezer off. Ref was useless all match. Blah de blah!. Studs up lunge, should have been at least a yellow.

So he's basically cried like a 3 year old and stamped his feet until he got his way, pathetic!
The ref had a great view, red all day long, no one quest thought it wasn't, has he got family on the appeals panel or something?

on that performance it's debatable whether the opposition are better off with atkinson in the oxford team, or oxford are better off with him out of it suspended. gave away the ball and failed to close down anderson for goal 1. clattered hopper for his yellow, gaping hole in centre defence for goal 2. looked to be losing his cool well before the lunging missed tackle at the death.

eta
camel or donkey, take your pick.

on that performance it's debatable whether the opposition are better off with atkinson in the oxford team, or oxford are better off with him out of it suspended. gave away the ball and failed to close down anderson for goal 1. clattered hopper for his yellow, gaping hole in centre defence for goal 2. looked to be losing his cool well before the lunging missed tackle at the death.

eta
camel or donkey, take your pick.
Basically you're saying that he had a great league debut for them?

I thought the red was quite harsh on first viewing.

I'm surprised it has been resinded though as the view from the ref was different and perhaps clearer and they typically back the refs. Atkinson can consider himself very lucky though, as it was at least yellow. So he escapes with no punishment?