Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic

We hear great stories about the efforts made by world wide Imps to watch us play. Here is another.

Tonight a young Aussie will be watching his first Lincoln game live. He has literally just landed at Heathrow, a train up to Newark and arranged a car to get to Sincil Bank for the kick off.
He started following us a few years ago when a Lindum CC player spent the winter playing cricket in Melbourne and he was caught up in the excitement of following the IMPS via the internet. He has since watched all the games on I follow and has arranged to come over to Lincoln for the summer to play cricket at Lindum and get some local work.He arranged to jack his job in and come over 6 weeks early to watch the Imps promotion push. He has bought a 6 ticket pack even though he can only get to 4 home games (missed Yeovil and playing cricket v Colchester) and a ticket for the Mansfield away game.
Hope he has a good night and doesn’t miss the 30 degree heat back home.

Scholes was away from the ground on Monday due to illness - will he be gracing the Sincil Bank touchline tonight?
Anyone have an update on this? I’ve seen a few rumours but cannot locate a 'reliable' source.

It may also mean they have a weakened squad if it has caught with any of the players…

Hard to believe it's sunny here now near Lincoln with how it was a couple of hours ago.

Carlisle are due to play Notts County tonight. Carlisle is only 75 miles south-east of here as the crow flies, and the weather here at the moment would make football impossible. Winds already 50mph+ with driving rain, and expected to be around 70mph by 8pm. Can't see the Carlisle game finishing, even if it starts.

Hope it is a lot better in Lincoln.

Matches affecting us:

Crawley v Mansfield
Morecambe v MK Dons

Bury played their scheduled game at Cheltenham last Tuesday.

Crawley have a top ten home record although they have recently lost to Port Vale and Oldham without scoring a goal. Mansfield have taken just four points from their last six away games and have lost the last three. Anything could happen there.

Morecambe bounced back well after defeat to the Imps by beating toothless FGR 3-0 on Saturday. However, they had taken just one point from the previous five homes: MK Dons have won their last three aways and anything but a Dons win would be a surprise.

It is only the eleventh time in the club's history the side has scored in 20 successive league games (in the same season):

31: 1936-37, 1951-52
27: 1931-32
24: 1930-31
23: 1908-09
22: 1892-93, 2006-07
20: 1889-90, 1926-27, 1950-51, 2018-19

Yet again it's amazing not to find 1975/76 in such a statistic.

Tonight is also the 37th game for most clubs, which is the cut-off point for ten yellows.

Mansfield's Neal Bishop is the only player from the top four clubs at risk of suspension on nine. Stags fans wondered whether Flitcroft would dare field him at Crawley tonight, but with at least six players unavailable through injury (Robert Olejnik, Hayden White, Danny Rose, Craig Davies, Jordan Graham and Ryan Sweeney), it looks like Bishop will have to play. Matt Preston may also miss the match with a knee injury.

MK Dons' Baily Cargill is also on nine yellows but is currently out injured.

Yet again it's amazing not to find 1975/76 in such a statistic.
Yes, amazingly they failed to score in seven league games and did it at regular intervals, thereby curtailing such a run. This season we have scored far fewer goals (63) but only failed to score in three games.

Yes, amazingly they failed to score in seven league games and did it at regular intervals, thereby curtailing such a run. This season we have scored far fewer goals (63) but only failed to score in three games.
All 0-1 defeats

I guess tonight’s match isn’t available to watch on ifollow in the UK..?
It is. This will be the first match I have missed either in person, on live video and commentary in three seasons, all due to my poor planning and preparation....:slap:

Better half out for dinner tonight so with the weather forecast thought I would stay home with the dog and a nice bottle of red. Mind you it is calm and sunny here in South Lincs. Have I made a mistake?

Looks like we've split the Stacey West for tonight, anyone any idea if Oldham will bring considering the weather etc?
300 tops?

Was looking forward to this one, but girlfriend poorly, so decided to stay home and look after her...