Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oldham Athletic

Well that was a game of 2 eighth's. As in 1st 10-15 minutes hardly got a kick, Oldham knocking the ball around, Gilks made a couple of decent saves. Then for the next 75 minutes we more or less were in control. Not sure whether we stepped up or they ran out of steam/ideas. Nice to see plan A & B on display quite clearly, played some good stuff, should have had more goals, but actually if that is a fault we're not the type of team who very often go on to a convincing win (odd exception Port Vale etc.).
Not our concern, but I thought Oldham had a poor attitude for most of the game. Although their keeper probably MOM for them it was kind of him to keep giving the ball back to Gilks in the 2nd half (I don't think he learned at all)

I think the first 10 they were playing it nicely but we started then to get on top about 10. They changed tactics then and were much more physical, snapping into tackles etc.

Mini Jeff was substituted by his sister last night and it was Mini Jeffette's first ever game of football and her first experience of the Red Imps.

Their first experiences of watching Lincoln could not have been more different. Mini Jeff was a 1-3 home defeat by Torquay, when Nat Brown was sent off for a ridiculous hand ball decision. That was in front of a sparse crowd. His sister was in front of a bouncing crowd, for a team to of the table.

Before tha game she said that she would not stand, cheer or indeed even sing.

Twenty minutes into the game, she was doing all three.

It was a slow start, and we struggled to start the car. Eventually we found out how to get the car off the drive. There were a few judders and bunny hops, but after half an hour we took the lead.

We should have had two by then, Akinde missing from four yards when it would have been easier to score. It reminded me of a similar miss by Neil Matthews, exactly in the same position, but on Boxing Day 1993 vs Scunny. A nightmare for forwards....one of those where the excuse of "it bobbled" is uttered.

Then came the bonecruncher that the late great Butch Wilkins would have been proud of. Ouch. Bit of handbags followed, and by now Mini Jeffette was fully committed to the cause.

Second half came and I am sort of pleased that Bruno's swirling shot didn't go in, for one reason only. I was tentatively pouring out the hot chocolate from the thermos. I nearly thought about recording it as a near miss. Ouch.

A brilliant second came shortly after and that back heel from Harry was sublime. It was a quality finish from Rowe, who got MOM from Thommo.

My MOM was O'Hara. He was everywhere. He was strong and imposed himself in midfield as the tough guvnor we've been missing of late.

It was a great game and we had control. See above with respect to O'Hara. It was a great game to introduce Mini Jeffette to the Imps. One more now has the bug and I am made up about that. She is now fighting with her brother as who gets to go now. A good position to be in.

I am starting to believe now that we may well get promoted, a dangerous thought if ever there was one !, but it was a great night last night for us and a bad night for the teams below, couldnt really have gone much better. I will still keep taking doses of pessimism as its worked so far, and keeps my optimism in check. We are a very good side, make no mistake.
UTI.

Mini Jeff was substituted by his sister last night and it was Mini Jeffette's first ever game of football and her first experience of the Red Imps.

Their first experiences of watching Lincoln could not have been more different. Mini Jeff was a 1-3 home defeat by Torquay, when Nat Brown was sent off for a ridiculous hand ball decision. That was in front of a sparse crowd. His sister was in front of a bouncing crowd, for a team to of the table.

Before tha game she said that she would not stand, cheer or indeed even sing.

Twenty minutes into the game, she was doing all three.

It was a slow start, and we struggled to start the car. Eventually we found out how to get the car off the drive. There were a few judders and bunny hops, but after half an hour we took the lead.

We should have had two by then, Akinde missing from four yards when it would have been easier to score. It reminded me of a similar miss by Neil Matthews, exactly in the same position, but on Boxing Day 1993 vs Scunny. A nightmare for forwards....one of those where the excuse of "it bobbled" is uttered.

Then came the bonecruncher that the late great Butch Wilkins would have been proud of. Ouch. Bit of handbags followed, and by now Mini Jeffette was fully committed to the cause.

Second half came and I am sort of pleased that Bruno's swirling shot didn't go in, for one reason only. I was tentatively pouring out the hot chocolate from the thermos. I nearly thought about recording it as a near miss. Ouch.

A brilliant second came shortly after and that back heel from Harry was sublime. It was a quality finish from Rowe, who got MOM from Thommo.

My MOM was O'Hara. He was everywhere. He was strong and imposed himself in midfield as the tough guvnor we've been missing of late.

It was a great game and we had control. See above with respect to O'Hara. It was a great game to introduce Mini Jeffette to the Imps. One more now has the bug and I am made up about that. She is now fighting with her brother as who gets to go now. A good position to be in.

Did you know when they scan you season ticket that the name comes up on the scanner!!!

Maybe Mini Jeffette might need to hide her girlyness just in case of an over officious bolshy scanner operator!!

Moved seats on Tuesday night. Best tactical switch of the season..saw a completely different game.. more of the same please!!

Well she would probably merely just say "Today I identify as a Male." Knowing my daughter and her fierce level of intelligence...it is something she would say.

I didn't think earlier in the season when one of my lads couldn't go and I took my 7 year old daughter (she said she didn't like it) then last week when one of my lads saw the screen when their ticket was being scanned and told me "It shows my name on that when they scan the card."