Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe

Long sleeve malarky? Long sleeves are much more traditional than the short sleeves. Always used to see long sleeved shirts through the winter.

lincolncity-shoot-1976-06-26.jpg
no need for a design committee producing a retro-modern melange, i'd vote for this as next season's kit.

no need for a design committee producing a retro-modern melange, i'd vote for this as next season's kit.[/QUOT
It would do for me next season. Would n’t mind also having Dave Smith, Alan Harding, John Ward ...(although they are probably a bit past it now)

Their man shoved McCartan IMHO, thought so at the time and no different since seeing it back.
What was going on when one of our players ended up on his arse before it was taken? Was anyone booked for the melee?

Their man shoved McCartan IMHO, thought so at the time and no different since seeing it back.
What was going on when one of our players ended up on his arse before it was taken? Was anyone booked for the melee?

Watching it on iFollow, a Morecambe player went literally head-to-head with McCartan - perhaps telling him he didn't think it was a penalty - then pushed him over.

Referee just gave them both a talking-to, which I thought was probably about right.

Not sure why Hortin asked Akinde about Harry getting some stick on social media, don't know what he's talking about myself, not something I've noticed, but was a poor question in any case.

Just before the final whistle with us messing about in the corner, fans were stood in the corner ready to leave when the whistle went (My boys hassled me into getting a head start because they were frozen) and someone shouted out to Harry something about his weight and using the C word. I think it was just aimed in a stupid jokey way but maybe not?

Wasn't clear why Morecambe had a goal disallowed, anyone know? I thought Grant just lost the ball

Because Stocksbridge is useless. Just he was useless in our favour this time. Although maybe we both didn't see something?

Last edited:
He's scored at least 2 penalties in shoot outs this season but I thought it was common knowledge shoot out penalties don't count towards your career total of goals?

I played that in slow motion and Grant had the ball in both hands when it was kicked out of them, looked correct decision to me.

Fair enough. Happy to concede that Stocksbridge is making up/has made up for the first 2 poor displays in the games he has reffed since.

Fair play to you and little Jeff, we were very cold and wet, the joys of sitting in the lower tier when the weather is coming straight into the stand lol!
Weather looks a lot better for next week.
Never left early before due to the weather but when your daughter is shivering from the cold and wet through being a responsible parent takes over, sod the football

I don't blame you at all. Being four rows back from you kept us out of the rain...apart from the odd spot. Fortunately mini Jeff wore three pairs of thermal socks. Haha.

I didn't spot it at the time, but anyone else notice on the highlights O'Connor having a pop at Smith after his free-kick fumble and Shackell having a go at Wilson after their goal?

That's not a criticism, btw.

Akinde also got a stare from 2 or 3 after his one-on-one miss.