Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe

I didn't spot it at the time, but anyone else notice on the highlights O'Connor having a pop at Smith after his free-kick fumble and Shackell having a go at Wilson after their goal?

That's not a criticism, btw.

Akinde also got a stare from 2 or 3 after his one-on-one miss.

I did notice those three things. The two defensive ones I think fair play - you can learn from your mistakes. Maybe a little harsh on Smith though (conditions were not favourable for catching).

The Akinde one I’m not so sure about – he was using his striker’s instinct. Can McCarten say hand on heart in the heat of the moment he wouldn’t have lashed at the rebound too? It was a great opportunity to pass though I have to admit.

The Akinde one I’m not so sure about – he was using his striker’s instinct. Can McCarten say hand on heart in the heat of the moment he wouldn’t have lashed at the rebound too? It was a great opportunity to pass though I have to admit.

Yeah, he definitely had his striker head on, did so well to beat his two men and get the chance. Think there were two or three imps there ready to bang it in, but oh well....

It's good that the defenders/keeper got a short sharp sharp reminder as that is what good teams and team mates do. It's not personal and it maintains high standards. It's good that a striker had that predators streak to keep going for goal when the keeper was in his sights and was not afraid to miss.