Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe

Not much too add now I've thawed out.
Greeny throwing his shirt seemed a bit of a farewell gesture but given it's not the last game before the window seems a bit odd. I can't see anyone moving before FA Cup game otherwise would be short of eligible players.
Not sure why Hortin asked Akinde about Harry getting some stick on social media, don't know what he's talking about myself, not something I've noticed, but was a poor question in any case.
Wasn't clear why Morecambe had a goal disallowed, anyone know? I thought Grant just lost the ball
Good point about Anderson. I've not seen him getting 'stick' on here or even on FB which I monitor; unless you include a few comments about him having to work on his decision making. I would hardly class that as stick and would file it under useful, constructive criticism albeit I'm sure he and the coaching staff are well aware and as evidenced by yesterday's performance are working on it well. I know it is the press and they have to find stories but it is not helpful when it gets blown out of proportion. Even the Akinde thing where there were a handful of gob***** going OTT on social media were put in their place by the majority. Those that were more circumspect and respectful about their Akinde doubts were not a problem on match day as any dissenting voices were drowned out by an overwhelming will for him to do well again by the majority.

No we stayed to the bitterly cold end. Never ever leave early. That's my mantra. He could always be moving down that way hahaha. I'm giving up now and going to become all Library in our own end. Next week I am bringing a Thermos, blanket and the biggest radio I can find, with the longest aerial possible. Hahaha
Fair play to you and little Jeff, we were very cold and wet, the joys of sitting in the lower tier when the weather is coming straight into the stand lol!
Weather looks a lot better for next week.
Never left early before due to the weather but when your daughter is shivering from the cold and wet through being a responsible parent takes over, sod the football

Good interview from him.

You’d expect him to say it wasn’t a penalty but I thought McCartan was in front of the defender and charged diagonally from sideways and behind rather than some shoulder to shoulder 50:50 strength play.

You need these moments to go for you but you have to create moments like that in the first place.

Penalty all day long at the time for me but I haven’t seen it back.

I see Rheady had a presentation pre match yesterday for his 50th goal , will he have another when he gets his real fiftieth ?!!
Embarrassing for everyone concerned, especially for the individual who has got this so wrong, but the club obviously feels it has gone too far down the line to go back on it now. Obviously much easier to accept a glaring error - that everyone now knows about - than to bother to correct it.

Good interview from him.

You’d expect him to say it wasn’t a penalty but I thought McCartan was in front of the defender and charged diagonally from sideways and behind rather than some shoulder to shoulder 50:50 strength play.

You need these moments to go for you but you have to create moments like that in the first place.

Penalty all day long at the time for me but I haven’t seen it back.
Defender was slightly behind McCartan - therefore it could not have been shoulder-to-shoulder as a number of Morecambe people have claimed. Looked a clear shove in the back to me.

Soft? Yes. Definitely a penalty? Yes.
there are an unbelievable number of 'soft' fouls given everywhere else on the pitch. i agree, a 'soft' foul should still always be a penalty. the fool is the defender, trying something so crazy once the ball is inside the box. same thing happened last week at stevenage.