Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s

Well I’ve just finished reading all 17 pages of comments on tonight’s match and you’d never have thought we managed a victory and played fairly convincingly by all accounts too.
That though doesn’t seem to satisfy the doom merchants, the moaners the groaners, the ones who know everything about injuries and how to avoid getting them but, still wonder why our first team goalkeeper wasn’t put on from the bench as an outfield replacement, those questioning the manager’s training methods, his team selections and reasons for only having three substitutes etc.
What is the matter with everybody you moan when we lose, now you moan when we win ffs give it a rest and support the team, do you honestly believe that this total negativity is helpful. I know it’s only about 30 people who love to sound off but, if it pisses me off, think what it does to manager, players, officials and more tolerant supporters.
I‘ve been a member of vitals for the past 4 years and undoubtedly the abuse, criticism and negativity is now at a new low. I‘ve tried in my short period of membership to always be constructive but, destructive seems to be the new norm. This will be my last post on here, for different reasons I sincerely hope the doom mongers will do the same. Up the Imps.

Anthony Scully's hat-trick is the first by a City player in the EFL Trophy since Lee Thorpe in the 3-2 win over (then Conference side) Morecambe on 28 November 2000.

A football squad is a very small sample size ~so you really cant make any conclusions regarding training methods and the use of injury precautions based on the number of injuries. It is very possible to to be just unlucky (or lucky). Is the idea MA's methods are recklessly causing injuries based on anything other than we have a lot of injuries?

Well I’ve just finished reading all 17 pages of comments on tonight’s match and you’d never have thought we managed a victory and played fairly convincingly by all accounts too.
That though doesn’t seem to satisfy the doom merchants, the moaners the groaners, the ones who know everything about injuries and how to avoid getting them but, still wonder why our first team goalkeeper wasn’t put on from the bench as an outfield replacement, those questioning the manager’s training methods, his team selections and reasons for only having three substitutes etc.
What is the matter with everybody you moan when we lose, now you moan when we win ffs give it a rest and support the team, do you honestly believe that this total negativity is helpful. I know it’s only about 30 people who love to sound off but, if it pisses me off, think what it does to manager, players, officials and more tolerant supporters.
I‘ve been a member of vitals for the past 4 years and undoubtedly the abuse, criticism and negativity is now at a new low. I‘ve tried in my short period of membership to always be constructive but, destructive seems to be the new norm. This will be my last post on here, for different reasons I sincerely hope the doom mongers will do the same. Up the Imps.
A bit of an over reaction. This thread is nothing compared to usual, lol. 😂

A bit of an over reaction. This thread is nothing compared to usual, lol. 😂

Indeed because we all loved Sutton Tilson et al there was never a cross word said on that period of time.

I think the day a football forum is one where every one agrees and there is a prohibition on anything other then isn’t life wonderful is the day they close the internet.

You don’t have to resort to personal insults threats etc but there is nothing wrong with debate and polite difference of opinion. It would be very boring if we all agreed.

Not sure what you've been reading but think everyone was extremely positive about game!

Anthony Scully's hat-trick is the first by a City player in the EFL Trophy since Lee Thorpe in the 3-2 win over (then Conference side) Morecambe on 28 November 2000.
Thought so remember that, he got quite a few in it that season.

Top ranting but perhaps a late night over reaction? Some huge positives on this match thread. Injuries are a big concern to all, including MA; the medical staff must be on overtime. UTI.

Fantastic for 70 minutes or so and nothing but positives. Then when Bishop went off along with yet more injury concerns to Scully and Nlundulu, we just sat back and were really hanging on at the end.

It seemed a very Shrewsbury type of game, not sure why MA didn’t bring Griffiths on up top for his height and nuisance value and an extra body to defend the corners when we went down to 10 but we just held on.

You can't expect people to be satisfied with beating Man U with 10 players.

I wasn’t impressed with him at all, like in the 2nd half at Wycombe … it’s early days, but looks like another long tough season for Hopper!
Just looks worryingly massively unfit to me Kev, looks scared to sprint and when he did his hamstring went. There were quite a few moments where he linked it up well but he's way off match fit. I'd be tempted to send him back until he's fit and get someone else.

I thought Poole did well again and his height and physical strength made a difference. Mionstma and T.J looked a bit rusty at times, but that was why these cup games can be useful. Sound performance by our young keeper. I wasn't sure it was worth going, but it was great entertainment. Bishop looks a lovely player and let's hope Championship scouts stay away from Scully. As for the big lad up front, it was a mixed performance, but a lot that was good; a willingness to be more two-footed when chances fall his way will help. UTI!

Yep, a few comments verging on the hysterical. This competition is utterly meaningless, but overall it was always likely we’d have a slow start. And looking at the next couple of fixtures it could easily get worse before it gets better. We’ll be reet though, we have an outstanding Manager.

Nlundulu did some good things and then looked very rusty in others. Think he was trying really hard to impress, I was desperate for him to score because I reckon he would have been more settled and calmer after.

Fantastic for 70 minutes or so and nothing but positives. Then when Bishop went off along with yet more injury concerns to Scully and Nlundulu, we just sat back and were really hanging on at the end.

It seemed a very Shrewsbury type of game, not sure why MA didn’t bring Griffiths on up top for his height and nuisance value and an extra body to defend the corners when we went down to 10 but we just held on.
Not sure WBA would be very pleased with their goalie playing up front.

Nlundulu did some good things and then looked very rusty in others. Think he was trying really hard to impress, I was desperate for him to score because I reckon he would have been more settled and calmer after.
Said the same at half time; needed a goal to bounce in off his arse and he would have calmed down. Seemed to try too hard second half, and was not as effective.