Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Manchester United U21s

I agree, he looks a really interesting player to me. Came looking for the ball on lots of occasions and created a few opportunities for himself out of nothing. Execution was poor simply because he hasn't played any football for months, but I can see why MA has taken him.

As others have mentioned, it is quite right that he doesn't do any defending like Hopper does, and that could be a negative. He can be taught to do that, of course.
Looked very one footed to me. Does not like to use his left foot and same with goal chance. Noticed it on Saturday's highlights. Does not mean he is not good but easier to manage from an opposition point of view.

Aren’t most players one footed? I did see Nlundulu attempt powerful shots with both feet so I think that will be beneficial. Hoping he gets up and running in the scoring charts shortly because forwards thrive on confidence.

Looked very one footed to me. Does not like to use his left foot and same with goal chance. Noticed it on Saturday's highlights. Does not mean he is not good but easier to manage from an opposition point of view.
Really? First two efforts were left footed last night & I actually wondered if he was primarily a leftie, but then he shot on his right the next couple of times.

scully is very one footed. scores goals and also misses chances, as noted by appleton last night.
i actually thought danny boy smashed a fairly good effort with his left, better than his two close range efforts with his right. a good point was made that he could possibly be trying too hard to impress, only played 1.5 games for us. give him a bit of time. uti

Aren’t most players one footed? I did see Nlundulu attempt powerful shots with both feet so I think that will be beneficial. Hoping he gets up and running in the scoring charts shortly because forwards thrive on confidence.

When he gets a goal or two and settles down a bit, he could be an important/huge addition. I think we all picked up on how desperate he looked to score, it'll come.
Hopefully he won't be out too long.

That's strange, I was thinking the opposite - I can think of two occasions when he pulled the ball onto his left foot to shoot. Nowhere near scoring, but not exactly a standing foot.

I wasn’t impressed with him at all, like in the 2nd half at Wycombe … it’s early days, but looks like another long tough season for Hopper!

He's barely had time to get on method. Maybe give him the benefit of a run of games (hopefully), before labelling him crap?

I personally think he'll be more of a goal threat than Hopper, in the fulness of time.

Funnily enough, I thought he was more left-footed than right,when I was watching. Might have to watch the highlights again.

He's barely had time to get on method. Maybe give him the benefit of a run of games (hopefully), before labelling him crap?

I personally think he'll be more of a goal threat than Hopper, in the fulness of time.

One thing I will say, is that his natural instinct got him into position to stab wide from 5 yards out …. so that’s a positive in itself.

One thing I will say, is that his natural instinct got him into position to stab wide from 5 yards out …. so that’s a positive in itself.

It's very early days. Personally, I'm not into making snap judgements about a player based on a few hours of football.

Saw the club statement. Hopefully, this "fan" will be banned and I'm sure they will be.
Hope so too. I just cannot understand racism from football supporters. It takes an impressive level of cognitive dissonance to racially abuse an opposition player while happily cheering on non-white players on your own team.

Hope so too. I just cannot understand racism from football supporters. It takes an impressive level of cognitive dissonance to racially abuse an opposition player while happily cheering on non-white players on your own team.
Though the likelihood is that they will be quick to criticise their own non-white players. Some of the comments I heard about John Akinde, for instance, were borderline racist.

Though the likelihood is that they will be quick to criticise their own non-white players. Some of the comments I heard about John Akinde, for instance, were borderline racist.
Yeah he got some stick, especially when people had had a drink or two post match, disgusting some of the bits I overheard.

True, I seem to recall I got some pelters on here for suggesting there was a racist undertone to the abuse and stick he was getting.