Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Well boys and girls that was a bit better and showed what MS is trying to achieve, ie, to entertain !! us with attacking football, especially at home, press high for 95 minutes and dont give the other lot a moments peace. They did that yesterday and if we hadn't gifted them a goal which set us back, the win would have been so much easier, a mix of poor decision making and good goal keeping kept them in it. The other lot focussed on thuggery and will shortly be heading to where their brand of football will be more appreciated in Div 2.
Since MS arrived, and more so in the last few home games, there is a better feeling around SB and the considerable journeys some supporters make , it is no longer a chore, and fingers crossed, we will be entertained with attacking footi when we get there and on the front foot for 95 minutes.

Well done to the Club, but not surprising these day, the efforts they made yesterday to get several hundred children and parents to the game into the SW Stand on reduced deals, it added to the atmosphere and they seemed to enjoy it, many, supporters of the future, will not have been before and may want to come again !! Live entertainment not through a computer screen. A win always helps of course, and have 617 ringing in their ears.
UTI.

Last edited:
Exactly. Supporters can't choose their club's owners, and this is a fans forum at the end of the day. Not a legal or accounting forum.

I just don't understand some of the hateful comments by some on here towards Fleetwood as a club or to their players. They have fans, like us. They had no say in the club's owners. Like us. We were lucky with our owners. Other club's supporters aren't. But we, and they, are all fans and supporters.
Remember, we nearly got Peter Swan !

Take out all the detailed analysis of "the incident".
My view was House initially held Stockley from getting into the box... the rest is just a fairly tame bit of nothing.

One yellow card to House. Refs says stop f'ing about and the game proceeds. Full stop.

As for the game....the good news is the rest of the team are set up and good enough to play in a way which makes Bishop's ability effective. First time in his spell here that has really been the case.

Taylor I like. His game is to get on the end of things and use his pace. If he starts finishing a few of the chances he keeps getting, we will be winning quite a lot of games.

A few things are slotting into place.

If we could somehow keep Sorensen and Bishop who I think are out of contract in the summer, that would be a big plus. Might be difficult though.

Isn’t that incident one element of what we’ve been missing? I’m looking forward to watching it back because I didn’t see the detail but if House’s physical presence and clever use of it triggered the incident then great.

Thought the second half was very good.

It can be difficult to play against ten men, as Burton found out last week, but as soon as Ben equalised I was always confident we’d go on to win the game.

It certainly helps when the second goal comes so quickly after the first.

House’s header was terrific. Brilliant movement, and the defender marking him looked utterly confused as to how Ben managed to get so much space.

Man of the match was Teddy, and rightly so. That was comfortably his best game for us. Fingers crossed the bumps and bruises he’s picked up in the last two games don’t have any impact on his availability for Tuesday.

Well done to the club for getting as many people into the ground as possible. I think those sorts of schemes may be required a few more times until the end of the season, as we don’t have many ‘interesting’ teams coming to us in the near future.

Back-to-back wins - wonderful! Happy for Skubala too, you could sense how much he valued finally winning at home.

Take out all the detailed analysis of "the incident".
My view was House initially held Stockley from getting into the box... the rest is just a fairly tame bit of nothing.

One yellow card to House. Refs says stop f'ing about and the game proceeds. Full stop.
Yes your right Chimp, take out all the detailed analysis to suit your view and nothing happened.

Fast forward yourself out of the 1970's , football is not like that anymore.

Every action on the pitch carries consequences. The refs got a bloke in the stand assessing him, he couldn't just let that go and just play on.

In my opinion, admittedly after seeing a replay, the ref did get it totally wrong....the only person that should of been sent off was House, slam dunking a player to the ground in today's game is violent
conduct.

I know that doesn't suit our narrative, but it's the truth. House got away with it because the ref didn't see him do it, he just saw the aftermath.

Their number 5's sending off was wrong, Stockley's booking was correct and it was House, through his actions, if the vast majority of referees would of seen it, would of sent him off.

Unfortunately for us that wouldn't be classed as just a
"tame bit of nothing"
in todays game.

I didn't want House sending off but if he had of been it would of been a correct decision....imo.

Yes your right Chimp, take out all the detailed analysis to suit your view and nothing happened.

Fast forward yourself out of the 1970's , football is not like that anymore.

Every action on the pitch carries consequences. The refs got a bloke in the stand assessing him, he couldn't just let that go and just play on.

In my opinion, admittedly after seeing a replay, the ref did get it totally wrong....the only person that should of been sent off was House, slam dunking a player to the ground in today's game is violent
conduct.

I know that doesn't suit our narrative, but it's the truth. House got away with it because the ref didn't see him do it, he just saw the aftermath.

Their number 5's sending off was wrong, Stockley's booking was correct and it was House, through his actions, if the vast majority of referees would of seen it, would of sent him off.

Unfortunately for us that wouldn't be classed as just a
"tame bit of nothing"
in todays game.

I didn't want House sending off but if he had of been it would of been a correct decision....imo.
You have my point precisely.

Nothing much happened.
Was anyone likely to be injured or the result influenced or anything? ...no

One slightly silly scuffle should not ruin yet another game.

Looking forward to 11 v 11 for a whole 90 minutes some time.

Last edited:
You have my point precisely.

Nothing much happened.
Was anyone likely to be injured or the result influenced or anything? ...no

One slightly silly scuffle should not ruin yet another game.

Looking forward to 11 v 11 for a whole 90 minutes some time.

Time is running out...as the blue cards are coming to entertain the important people ....the refs

I've tried to stay out of the blue card debate.

Which, if goes ahead will be just another nail in footballs coffin.

I’ve watched it back and 2 yellows looks absolutely spot on to me. Maybe I’m missing something that happened before the incident? I’ve only watched the extended highlights back.

No idea how it started, but looking at the rage shown by House I'd be amazed were he the instigator.
There should be no place for any of that in football, but honestly I love to see it🤣

No idea how it started, but looking at the rage shown by House I'd be amazed were he the instigator.
There should be no place for any of that in football, but honestly I love to see it🤣
In these situations its not always what you see but what was said to kick it all off. Anything involving Stockley like that is not really surprising , but House has now got three yellows in three appearances which restricts his style of play for the remainder of the game. We need him on the pitch not a three game ban !

Exactly. Supporters can't choose their club's owners, and this is a fans forum at the end of the day. Not a legal or accounting forum.

I just don't understand some of the hateful comments by some on here towards Fleetwood as a club or to their players. They have fans, like us. They had no say in the club's owners. Like us. We were lucky with our owners. Other club's supporters aren't. But we, and they, are all fans and supporters.

Would you still be as magnanimous towards them if we were still in the National league?
You have been watching Lincoln for a long time, did you not find it irritating when clubs came from nowhere and rapidly overtook us to become League Clubs as a result of a rich benefactor being able to pump in vast sums of money. Remember we almost went under for want of a relatively small sum.
I wouldn't put all of the league newcomers in this bracket. Some have magaged to achieve league status through prudent management and fairly slender resources, fair play to them. I reserve a special dislike for Fleetwood, Forest Green and Salford, probably in that order. I don't need to spell out why.
As for the fans suffering as a result of dodgy owners, in the first place these sort of clubs don't have many fans until the meteoric rise occurs. Then they are only too happy to go along with it while times are good.
It would be a bit like feeling sorry for Wigan fans when their club serially improve their league position by cheating, only to rob loads of creditors when all the money has gone. Why the vitriol for Fleetwood? Well it's hard to ignore just how corrupt their owners have been, that just makes it worse. l remember people on here congratulating them on how well they were doing as they blazed their way from the North West Counties to League 1 in less than a decade. I could never understand that sentiment.
I see Chorley (a small town in Bolton) will soon be in League 1 if rumours of investment interest from Westlife and Boyzone come to fruition. The holywood model strikes again.
Before anyone says we are currently being bankrolled, well yes we are to a certain extent, but we are talking about different levels altogether. Fleetwood fans were lucky until they weren't .

There was a view from the Co-op of some of the melee yesterday from a blog about the game. It’s about 4.15 into the vid

Last edited:
I don’t think we will get the chance to sign their No 5 as a back up player. Bosun Lawal is a 20 year old Rep of Ireland u21 International contracted to Celtic until 2026 and on loan at Fleetwood. He was a junior at Watford and had the choice of most top clubs when he was out of contract but chose Celtic.

Ah fair, didn’t realise he was in on loan. An impressive loan to get at this level, looked a player.

Being an ROI u21 international isn’t an issue, we have had full internationals at the bank and Roughan has been in the u21 squad for much longer 😉

In addition to full international Reeco Hackett, we actually have six current players with U21 caps: Sean Roughan (ROI), Ethan Erhahon (Scotland), Ben House (Scotland), Danny Mandroiu (ROI), Sam Long (Scotland), and Dylan Duffy (ROI).

Mide Shodipo also had 6 caps for ROI U21.

There was a view from the Co-op of some of the melee yesterday from a blog about the game. It’s about 4.15 into the vid

You can just catch what I initially saw from my seat. House was trying to block Stockleys run into the box, no different to what you see at most corners, when Stockley seemed to swing his arm into Houses face, something he had been doing throughout the game. After that tussle Stockley grabbed House but obviously underestimated his strength hence he got thrown to the floor. Two yellows was correct for the grappling but if one of the officials had seen Stockley swing his arm in Houses face he would have seen red IMO.