Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Would you still be as magnanimous towards them if we were still in the National league?
You have been watching Lincoln for a long time, did you not find it irritating when clubs came from nowhere and rapidly overtook us to become League Clubs as a result of a rich benefactor being able to pump in vast sums of money. Remember we almost went under for want of a relatively small sum.

I understand where you are coming from Bucks, but it was only Clive's investment when he brought in the Cowleys that has got us where we are now. OK, we have reponsible owners. Other clubs have not been so lucky.

And when we won the National League, other NL clubs were saying exactly the same about us - that we had a rich benefactor and the money spent was why we won it.

Its all part of football. Very very few clubs can survive or progress without owners with deep pockets. Some are good and responsible owners. Other will not be.

But my point is - why display hate towards the supporters of clubs because of their owners? They are still fans of their club, just as we are.

In addition to full international Reeco Hackett, we actually have six current players with U21 caps: Sean Roughan (ROI), Ethan Erhahon (Scotland), Ben House (Scotland), Danny Mandroiu (ROI), Sam Long (Scotland), and Dylan Duffy (ROI).

Mide Shodipo also had 6 caps for ROI U21

Don’t think Sam ever got a cap, just called up into the squad for the Scotland 21s

You can just catch what I initially saw from my seat. House was trying to block Stockleys run into the box, no different to what you see at most corners, when Stockley seemed to swing his arm into Houses face, something he had been doing throughout the game. After that tussle Stockley grabbed House but obviously underestimated his strength hence he got thrown to the floor. Two yellows was correct for the grappling but if one of the officials had seen Stockley swing his arm in Houses face he would have seen red IMO.
originally I thought House was the culprit but that video is pretty damning on Stockley. Looks like it should have been a red.

I understand where you are coming from Bucks, but it was only Clive's investment when he brought in the Cowleys that has got us where we are now. OK, we have reponsible owners. Other clubs have not been so lucky.

And when we won the National League, other NL clubs were saying exactly the same about us - that we had a rich benefactor and the money spent was why we won it.

Its all part of football. Very very few clubs can survive or progress without owners with deep pockets. Some are good and responsible owners. Other will not be.

But my point is - why display hate towards the supporters of clubs because of their owners? They are still fans of their club, just as we are.

I did accept that we probably wouldn't be where we are without the money Clive has put in and the investment he has procured from Harvey et al. Although the strong fan base is helping too. (Chicken and egg).
I'm not sure where you have got the notion of 'hatred' towards their fans from in what I have said. That's a bit strong. I actually quite like that kid Ben who does the vlog on Fleetwood. Seems a good lad.

The middle ground arguably is that we shouldn't hate the fans of those clubs but nor should we tolerate any bleating from them that they should be treated with kid gloves after their clubs have gained a financial advantage and unfairly disadvantaged mine in the process.

If the day ever happens that our club regresses to those standards we should wind our necks in, keep our gobs shut, respectfully accept whatever punishment is handed our way before quietly getting on with starting afresh with our full support.

Last edited:
It’s probably been covered above, but I don’t think I’ve seen a Lincoln team completely dominate the way we did for the 15 minutes after half time. As a pessimist, I rarely think we’re going to score, but even I thought a goal was inevitably coming.

Having seen the Jackson incident again now Stockley definitely 'did him'.
And should have gone especially as already booked.
So Fleetwood may be aggrieved about their sending off but definitely got away with one there.

So Fleetwood may be aggrieved about their sending off but definitely got away with one there.
Yep, looks like a double movement of the arm to me - jumps up vertically and then swings it backwards into Jackson with the second movement. Not dissimilar to O'Connor sending off, except O'C led with his arm in that incident.

He always gets away with it doesn't he? Utter thug!

Obviously don’t condone bad behaviour but I do like to see our players sticking up for each other, shows good team spirit.