Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Great to get that back to back win. Possibly helped by the sending off. The melee was right in front of us. The booking for House and Shockley was fair . As House had started things off by holding him back and then going into a scrum I was relieved it wasn’t a red. As for the sending off, the Lino informed the ref of the second incident, and it does look like the ref has booked the wrong Fleetwood player. Very bad luck for them but great for us. For once we really took advantage of the ten and created some very decent openings. House showed what we had been missing with a great header to equalise and Lars rounding things off with a Lars special. No more than we deserved. The less said about Jensons brainfart the better. As with any win, Sat nights going to be good now and on to Charlton on Tuesday. UTI 👊💥👏

Great to get that back to back win. Possibly helped by the sending off. The melee was right in front of us. The booking for House and Shockley was fair . As House had started things off by holding him back and then going into a scrum I was relieved it wasn’t a red. As for the sending off, the Lino informed the ref of the second incident, and it does look like the ref has booked the wrong Fleetwood player. Very bad luck for them but great for us. For once we really took advantage of the ten and created some very decent openings. House showed what we had been missing with a great header to equalise and Lars rounding things off with a Lars special. No more than we deserved. The less said about Jensons brainfart the better. As with any win, Sat nights going to be good now and on to Charlton on Tuesday. UTI 👊💥👏
Lars. 😀

Fun game to watch, we started on the front foot and kept it up throughout. Dreadful goal to concede. Thought Stockley might have got a red and it was bizarre to go in at half time one nil down. We kept attacking, great balls to make the goals and brilliant to see House get on the score sheet. Massively deserved the win, and what superb MoM performance from Teddy Bishop.

So from reading this seems may have yellowed the wrong player, choosing my words carefully they did look similar I have to say. I think Stockley should have got a red to be honest, was pretty blatant reaction from him to a bit of holding (& he could have had a yellow before ).
Fleetwood wouldn’t have scored without a gift from us and 20 shots to 3 hard to argue they were unlucky. Didn’t manage 10 v 11 like we did.
Bish outstanding, can’t begin to count how many times he’s been fouled last two games.

The ref gave the second set of yellows to Lawal and Erhahon after consultation with the linesman. Don’t think the ref even saw the incident. It will get overturned so we got a little lucky today.
Don’t think you get 2 yellows overturned?

This is the incident that lead to the bookings and sending off. Ben and Stockley lucky but didn’t think the other even warranted a card.

Stockley should have had two yellows, one for the initial foul and then one for the afters.

Didn’t see the other bit to comment! We are due a bit of luck!

Though I would want to point out, what a disciplined second half to not give the ref an opportunity to even things up.

Just watched highlights - Stockley starts that fight, House definitely finished it! Their lad can certainly feel hard done by - did the ref almost forget he was already booked?

Valentine’s Day Wednesday, hope Stockley does the right thing and gets Ben House a card after all that cuddling. We don’t want poor Ben ghosted.

Important 3 points and we were the better side all the match so deserved it.
I thought that Bisho was excellent and both House and Haciett played really well.
Otherwise everyone else had fairly average games.
Very dissapointed with Taylor though, thought he was poor.

The ref gave the second set of yellows to Lawal and Erhahon after consultation with the linesman. Don’t think the ref even saw the incident. It will get overturned so we got a little lucky today.
Not sure that yellows can be overturned USA, only reds

good effort to come back from a goal down, and winning against ten from 0-1 is not always easy as we showed burton last week.
20 shots according to the bbc, which is more like it.
other positives... bishop (90 again), hackett, and house.

2nd of the 6 winnable feb games in the bag!