Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

Highlights:

What was Jensen doing?

House appears to take out Stockley five seconds before Stockley retaliates, although you cannot see who initiated contact.

Far from a case of mistaken identity, Lawal (No.5) runs twenty yards and dives into the middle of the melee; already on a yellow, he can have no complaints.

Highlights:

What was Jensen doing?

House appears to take out Stockley five seconds before Stockley retaliates, although you cannot see who initiated contact.

Far from a case of mistaken identity, Lawal (No.5) runs twenty yards and dives into the middle of the melee; already on a yellow, he can have no complaints.

He really doesn't, and he can clearly have a huge legitimate complaint. He does the same very gentle pushing as about 10 other players. Erhahon and the player who should have been booked briefly square up to each other. It's obvious mistaken identity.

From my view in the co-op it was fairly clear Stockley initiated contact. He put his arm across Ben’s shoulders/neck to prevent him running past and getting away quickly after Jensen gathered.

Edit. I’ve just watched the extended highlights and seen that there is a bit going on just before the ball even comes in which I didn’t see in real time!

Last edited:
Just shows again how important Reeco is becoming for us since he came back from injury, had a hand in both goals with assists yesterday, and what a ball from Teddy for him.

As for the sending off, I think Stockley did block off House initially then they both got into the tussle again which House didn’t like before the melee ensued. Don’t think the number 5 did anything more or less than anyone else with all the pushing and shoving to be honest so we probably got away there with him getting a second yellow.

I also agree about these little bank rolled clubs that come out of nowhere, there’s no sympathy from me how a lot of them exist, especially if they have cheated the system to get where they are in some way.

Well ..it's a personal thing but funnily enough I do feel sorry for any club that has been badly mismanaged or owned by a crook as the soul of a football club are the supporters. As an example I know quite a few supporters of Darlington, from my time in the north east, who hated Reynolds but could do nothing about it and have had their club ruined. Also, and it's probably best not to go into any detail about Trew and Swann personally, our club may now be in a really good place and we are currently able to take the moral high ground but we also know but for the grace of god we could have had a trajectory like Scunthorpe.
As for Fleetwood they are punching above their weight, there is no way they can ever increase their fanbase, and they will end up in the non league again at some point. However I think quite a bit of their early success was probably funded on the back of Jamie Vardy starting his party antics at the club.

There was the standard grappling, pushing and shoving stuff between House and Stockley, nothing unusual. Then as House was making his way back upfield Stockley put his arm out across House's chest. I think he underestimated how strong House is though! House grabbed him back and pretty much threw him to the ground. Stockley started it, House very much finished it! Two yellows was about right.

Whether or not their number 5 was the correct recipient of the yellow card I didn't see. But he can thank his mate Jayden for causing the issue in the first place. Old Stockley's dark arts fetish backfired on his team today.

There was the standard grappling, pushing and shoving stuff between House and Stockley, nothing unusual. Then as House was making his way back upfield Stockley put his arm out across House's chest. I think he underestimated how strong House is though! House grabbed him back and pretty much threw him to the ground. Stockley started it, House very much finished it! Two yellows was about right.

Whether or not their number 5 was the correct recipient of the yellow card I didn't see. But he can thank his mate Jayden for causing the issue in the first place. Old Stockley's dark arts fetish backfired on his team today.

Some of the diving from Stockley was appalling, there were a couple of very light challenges fairly close to me in the library where he threw his arms in the air before folding like a deck of cards, yet he can go about elbowing people, embarrassing.

Some of the diving from Stockley was appalling, there were a couple of very light challenges fairly close to me in the library where he threw his arms in the air before folding like a deck of cards, yet he can go about elbowing people, embarrassing.

I think he's a pretty limited footballer who tries to find another way to influence a game, as you say it often ends up looking pretty embarrassing.

Highlights:

What was Jensen doing?

Lawal is a bit part player in the melee but as Erhahon was also booked for squaring up and exchanging pushes with No 20, the delightfully named Promise Omichere, you have to assume it was mistaken identity.

Their no.5 was pretty handy actually and one I’d welcome us signing as backup. Physical and got about the pitch well. Possibly the player we hoped Ali Smith would be.

As for Fleetwood they are punching above their weight, there is no way they can ever increase their fanbase, and they will end up in the non league again at some point. However I think quite a bit of their early success was probably funded on the back of Jamie Vardy starting his party antics at the club.

The £20 million worth of 'loans' from BES helped a bit too.

The two biggest positives that came from the match were the performances of Ben House and Ted Bishop.
Considering the major injury House had and how long he has been out I thought he was superb. If anything better than before his injury. There isn't a player in our league who can close down and harry defenders at well as he can. He was a real thorn in their side.
As for Bishop he looks a new player and a lot more robust. I have been one of his biggest critics regarding his availability and fitness but I have to admit he looks reborn. A lot of praise must go to Skubala who has obviously identified the best position for Teddy to play in. And Teddy looks like he is enjoying it. Took a lot of heavy challenges yesterday but didn't let it bother him. Fair play to Teddy who is proving a lot of his doubters wrong, including me!

Without my Lincoln City specs on House could of easily gone for his part in the incident.

He initially blocks Stockley and puts him on the floor. The ref doesn't see that first initial contact then he does see the bit of grappling where Stockley has got up, they come together again after the Fleetwood move has broken down and House slam dunks him to the floor.

Some refs would of sent House off for that, it was violent conduct and it just maybe that he didn't see him slam dunk him to the floor or he surely would of sent him off.

Why he has sent their number 5 off though I have absolutely no idea.

At no point whatsoever in the incident did the ref have any eyes on him at all.

He may have mistaken him for the number 4 or the lino has mistaken him for the number 4 who also ran from a number of yards away to get to the incident but neither did any more than any other
player involved.

If the ref had seen the whole incident, House would of gone for violent conduct, Stockley would of been booked and the rest was handbags at three paces.

Their no.5 was pretty handy actually and one I’d welcome us signing as backup. Physical and got about the pitch well. Possibly the player we hoped Ali Smith would be.
I don’t think we will get the chance to sign their No 5 as a back up player. Bosun Lawal is a 20 year old Rep of Ireland u21 International contracted to Celtic until 2026 and on loan at Fleetwood. He was a junior at Watford and had the choice of most top clubs when he was out of contract but chose Celtic.

The two biggest positives that came from the match were the performances of Ben House and Ted Bishop.
Considering the major injury House had and how long he has been out I thought he was superb. If anything better than before his injury. There isn't a player in our league who can close down and harry defenders at well as he can. He was a real thorn in their side.
As for Bishop he looks a new player and a lot more robust. I have been one of his biggest critics regarding his availability and fitness but I have to admit he looks reborn. A lot of praise must go to Skubala who has obviously identified the best position for Teddy to play in. And Teddy looks like he is enjoying it. Took a lot of heavy challenges yesterday but didn't let it bother him. Fair play to Teddy who is proving a lot of his doubters wrong, including me!
Agree with all of that but have to add Reeco to the mention in dispatches - I thought he ran the show again, especially 2nd half and his cross for the House goal was a thing of beauty.

The only neg for me was Joe Taylor, who obvioiusly left his shooting boots behind! Hope they get to him for Tuesday!

He'd be great on a night out on the lash!. Packed pub, let him go first, arms flaying about he'd get straight to the bar!

Great to get a home win!!

Strange first half, we were team in ascendency but created nothing clear cut. We seemed to focus a lot on long balls down our right hand side, which was a little frustrating as Bishop and McGrandles breaking the lines looked like it would bring more joy. Absolute brain fart from Jensen, poorest moment in a City shirt? Sending off a farce, clearly mistaken identity and ref did not originally realise he had booked same player twice. Summed up how the officials seemed to be unsure and slow with decisions throughout. Assistant ref Coop side was of no help to the ref.

Reeco then turned up for an excellent second half after what I thought was a poor first half from him and it clicked more. Great to see House score who played well throughout. Jensen made an excellent save to redeem himself. Only frustration second half was not getting a third.

Bishop man of the match, was best player when 11 v 11 and that just carried on. Gets us going so many times. Absolute class. And now playing 90 mins. Fingers crossed he stays injury free now. Thought House, Jackson, Sorenson and Reeco second half were are other better performers.

Taylor needs a goal soon as if truth be told he is not offering much else in terms of build up. On heels a couple of times. At min I would want to see House and Draper if both fit so Taylor needs to make something happen. Think questions can be asked of gloves on for 90 mins when your manager takes his coat off after half hour!

Well ..it's a personal thing but funnily enough I do feel sorry for any club that has been badly mismanaged or owned by a crook as the soul of a football club are the supporters. As an example I know quite a few supporters of Darlington, from my time in the north east, who hated Reynolds but could do nothing about it and have had their club ruined. Also, and it's probably best not to go into any detail about Trew and Swann personally, our club may now be in a really good place and we are currently able to take the moral high ground but we also know but for the grace of god we could have had a trajectory like Scunthorpe.

Exactly. Supporters can't choose their club's owners, and this is a fans forum at the end of the day. Not a legal or accounting forum.

I just don't understand some of the hateful comments by some on here towards Fleetwood as a club or to their players. They have fans, like us. They had no say in the club's owners. Like us. We were lucky with our owners. Other club's supporters aren't. But we, and they, are all fans and supporters.

Last edited:
I also think it’s been pretty obvious how seamless McGrandles has fitted back into the club. Yes only a sub appearance followed by the start yesterday and he has already proved his worth IMO, will be a big loss not having him on Tuesday, especially if we have Hamilton or other walking wounded out after yesterday.