Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crawley Town | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crawley Town

Disappointing to hear boos at half time (or were they all for the ref?).
As for those who were booing Ollie Palmer, what's that all about?

I thought Akinde went past them a couple of times when he put on the afterburners. Pulled back when clean through once. I don't think his pace is in question. It just didn't happen for him today.

Didn't think Freck's challenge was particularly dangerous. Not sure there was even much contact with their player who put his boot right through the ball before the dying swan routine. If anything Freck's boot was not high and in front of the ball. But an outstretched foot with studs towards the ball seems to be enough for a red, however innocuous. Just as Billy Knott's high foot at Counteh was not dangerous, but still deemed a red.

Their pressing, ball retention and movement was good in the first half, but they couldn't maintain it.

Starting to feel like they are our latest bogey side.

My viewing of the game was partial, some 1st half commentary and video of most of the second but missed red card, came in just as Freck was walking off.

Andrade was lively, assume his sub was his choice due to injury? Mensah looked very raw and even more lost but it's early days and a full week's training can only help.

Akinde was our best player from what I saw, once again I can't understand this knocking he gets from some, he was a real handful for their defence, not enough players getting to him in support or beyond for knock ons, McCartan doesn't get ahead of him enough. I've not been impressed with Rheady so far this season, too much panto villain, but much better today in his few minutes to suggest Rhead-Akinde can work effectively.

On to Macc

I was sat right in front of the Bruno foul? That led to the goal and it looked like the Crawly player hardly touched him,Bruno went down like a proverbial sack of you know what,not a foul for me

Was at Exeter last week and whilst certainly some tackles were robust, we seem to go down very easily when in a 50/50.

If Andrade thought he'd get a foul for a slight tap on the cheek then we have caused our own downfall today. Not that we deserved to win but a draw wouldn't have been unfair.

I was sat right in front of the Bruno foul? That led to the goal and it looked like the Crawly player hardly touched him,Bruno went down like a proverbial sack of you know what,not a foul for me

It was pathetic the way Andrade went down, and we stopped playing for a very costly instant. Ref got most of the big decisions right and I have no complaint there. It was an off day and we had no shape and very little constructive running in us first half.

I was also at Exeter, and it is little wonder people might be disappointed with Akinde today. Today he was a third of the player he was there: full of urgent desire, always wanting the ball, coming back into our half to get it, one two's up the pitch, taking players on, winning headers, MOM. Today he was a shadow of that and needed to work considerably harder.

Not a good day at the office. On another day Akinde wouldn't have missed those sitters but as the saying goes, you've got to be there to miss them. n.

Akinde had one great chance in the first half... i must have missed the other ones. Actually i thought his performance in the last 35 mins was very decent..Mensas great chance came directly from his lay off i think.

Thommo and Horton both said red immediately to Frecklngtons foul.. they struggle to tell the time though so dont read too much into that.

I actually thought Freck & O'Connor were a bit off pace today, or targetted by Crawley to nullify their contribution. Thought Crawley were excellent with their pressing and some really bright play in patches, especially in the first half.Good away performance. Andrade may have been caught in the face when he went down, but why did the rest of the team hesitate - play to the whistle. No doubt about Freck's red card - Hortin & Thommo called it instantly, before the ref had even made up his mind. Don't understand why Akinde is attracting negative comments - I thought he played well today with some excellent movement and link-up play, and one or two moments of great close control. Unlucky not to score. Just think his performance was matched by some others - below par.
Overall, just not our day - move on to Macclesfield. "Don't get too down when we lose".

Dangerous and out of control worse than anything mansfield did but no doubt danny will find a way to defend tackle & performance , this was coming because altho results been great our performances have been less than that exeter apart , think andrade listened to danny post mansfield went down far too easily , could have been worse if ollie sticks sitter away & why boo him dont get it , better when down to ten men strangely enough , rheady did more than akinde in his cameo as well

To my mind we never got started for the first 10 minutes Crawley bossed the game pressed us really well and gave us no time on the ball.

Akinde is not Rhead high balls up to him are no good, he likes the ball to feet or balls to run onto.

As for the red card no complaints it was unfortunate as we had started the second half well and if we had kept 11 men on the pitch we would have got a draw IMHO.

I think people have got carried away with the start we have made we were lucky to beat both Northampton and Bury.

We need to regroup get back to basics and hopefully with a full weeks training we can bag three points at Macc.

Dangerous and out of control worse than anything mansfield did but no doubt danny will find a way to defend tackle & performance , this was coming because altho results been great our performances have been less than that exeter apart , think andrade listened to danny post mansfield went down far too easily , could have been worse if ollie sticks sitter away & why boo him dont get it , better when down to ten men strangely enough , rheady did more than akinde in his cameo as well

I have heard that a few times that some believe Exeter was our only decent display. If I recall we recently disposed of Swindon, Notts County, Port Vale scoring 11 in the process. The second half against Bury was also a strong performance.

One defeat and some folk self explode. I personally thought Akinde did well being isolated yesterday, he did miss a golden chance in the first half though. I hope Danny does defend the performance to a degree as arguably with ten men we were the better side, and why lambast a side with 1 defeat in 7? Should we be making them run up the common?

Not going to be as easy as some thought this season. As posted above, the results have been better than the performances and we'll have setbacks along the way but how good will it feel come May, should we achieve promotion, like this rather than just walking the league?

Danny has been at pains to stress that we aren't the finished article and yesterday's performance proved that - although think that we did enough for a point - on another day Akinde and Mensah would have scored and we could have bagged all 3 - to put a slightly more optimistic slant on things!