Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crawley Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crawley Town

Bad result, worse atmosphere. Frecklington meant no malice with his challenge but he could have snapped the other guy's leg and it was the clearest red card you'll ever see. The abuse the Crawley player and the ref got was really toxic, as were the shouts of "snap his legs!" every time there was a challenge after that.

The booing of Ollie Palmer, a man without whom we wouldn't have made the play-offs last season, wasn't great either.

At least our manager had the class to admit that we lost because of a poor performance, not because of the referee.

I'm noting an undeniable coincidence. I did not say there was a curse. You will note the question mark on the end of my post. That usually means 'this is a question'. And, I might add, one of a rather obviously tongue in cheek and rhetorical nature.

All good things come to and end.

Not a good day at the office. On another day Akinde wouldn't have missed those sitters but as the saying goes, you've got to be there to miss them. Thought Frecks red was right. As soon as he lunged in I thought he would be off. Dust ourselves down and looking forward to Macclesfield next Saturday.

Bad result, worse atmosphere. Frecklington meant no malice with his challenge but he could have snapped the other guy's leg and it was the clearest red card you'll ever see. The abuse the Crawley player and the ref got was really toxic, as were the shouts of "snap his legs!" every time there was a challenge after that.

The booing of Ollie Palmer, a man without whom we wouldn't have made the play-offs last season, wasn't great either.

At least our manager had the class to blame his players, not the referee.

Bang on. I cringe sometimes at some of our lot.

Totally disagree?i thought everything good up front was through Bruno who got taken off unfairly for the unfit Mensah.Whats Greeny done wrong he should have come on first.All opinion of course,move on now to Macc?

I didn't think the planned change was Andrade but was changed at the last minute when he went across? He was by some way our biggest threat right up until he came off.

Have to say though I'm not sure about him going down which led to their goal - looked soft but benefit of the doubt until I see it again to be fair.

No complaints about the ref from me. A bit fussy maybe but got all the big decisions right.

Might be in the minority here, but I thought that Crawley were a really decent outfit. Played some nice stuff and pressed and hassled us all over the pitch. We just seemed really flat and didn't create that much although we clearly carried a lot of attacking threat. Too often we seemed a bit lightweight in midfield and I would have taken Pett off a lot earlier.

I didn't think the planned change was Andrade but was changed at the last minute when he went across? He was by some way our biggest threat right up until he came off.

Have to say though I'm not sure about him going down which led to their goal - looked soft but benefit of the doubt until I see it again to be fair.

No complaints about the ref from me. A bit fussy maybe but got all the big decisions right.

Yeah. Maybe Bruno had a knock and he let the bench know? Pett should have been pulled at ht.

First half- poor
Second half - better and much better after red card
Another day and we'd have had a draw

Football does this- we can't remain unbeaten. Crawley were not outstanding but did enough to take home 3 points.

We did Northampton on opening day of the season and today Crawley have done us.

I think it is 3 game ban for reckless challenge which means Frecks misses MK Dons in 2 weeks.

Just one comment on Mensah- he looked ok on Tuesday night but today looked like a rabbit in headlights. Still needs some time to play at the EFL2 rhythm

We weren’t at the races today, first half they were the better team and deserved to go in ahead we only had the one weak shot on target.

Ref got the red spot on for me. As soon as I saw Frecklington over do his first touch I feared he could dive into trouble. I don’t think he meant the chap any malice but could of seriously injured him.

Strangely we played better with ten as has been said there standard seemed to drop.

I don’t think the ref was as bad as some people are making out, he obviously made some errors but to be fair we benefited from a few,the Bossie foul on Palmer on the edge of the area not even given a foul in the first half and in the second the comical Anderson thrown in just after he had headed it out before throwing it back in and Shackell looked to me, to have an off the Ball incident with Palmer which he got away with.

Might be in the minority here, but I thought that Crawley were a really decent outfit. Played some nice stuff and pressed and hassled us all over the pitch. We just seemed really flat and didn't create that much although we clearly carried a lot of attacking threat. Too often we seemed a bit lightweight in midfield and I would have taken Pett off a lot earlier.

Tend to agree, first half especially Crawley were the better team and nullified any attacking options we did have. Pett seemed to get knocked off the ball too easily and on the whole we just didn’t create.

Not to high not to low is a popular DC phrase. We were poor today and didn’t have enough tempo particularly first half to pose a threat.

I thought we started the second half relatively well and were just getting on the front foot until Frecks poor challenge. In truth we looked the most likely to score with ten men, more through huffing and puffing rather than breaking them down.

What more can be said it was a poor day, but a reminder that nothing is a given in this league.

I was sat right in front of the Bruno foul? That led to the goal and it looked like the Crawly player hardly touched him,Bruno went down like a proverbial sack of you know what,not a foul for me