Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United

John Akinde in 25 minutes today gave a lesson in how to play the role of target man - Came short, ran in behind, won headers, laid it off with his chest, used his pace and strength to beat opponents with ease and if you didn't see that you need to look harder. Oh and he scored a goal not that he needed to having done an excellent job for the side. Well done the rest of the players a very professional job by all 14 playing as a team very much on the same page today.

Bit worried about Vickers. He threw that last ball out rather than kick it and then hurried off the pitch at the final whistle looking quite upset. Anyone hear anything? I haven’t heard any interviews yet.
There was a period when he went down on his haunches at a goal kick and Slocombe was sent to warm up. I think it was 15/20 mins before the end.

John Akinde in 25 minutes today gave a lesson in how to play the role of target man - Came short, ran in behind, won headers, laid it off with his chest, used his pace and strength to beat opponents with ease and if you didn't see that you need to look harder. Oh and he scored a goal not that he needed to having done an excellent job for the side. Well done the rest of the players a very professional job by all 14 playing as a team very much on the same page today.

Agreed. We withstood some decent pressure from Carlisle as they came out fighting in the second half. Akinde made a difference when he came on. Quite pleased with that performance. Deaf in left ear as stood in upper 6 right beside 617. The place was bouncing :rocker: pleased to see a decent crowd. Looked over 6000. Anyone get the attendance?

Agreed. We withstood some decent pressure from Carlisle as they came out fighting in the second half. Akinde made a difference when he came on. Quite pleased with that performance. Deaf in left ear as stood in upper 6 right beside 617. The place was bouncing :rocker: pleased to see a decent crowd. Looked over 6000. Anyone get the attendance?

6,400 and something,

We could do with the fa cup pay day to fund the warchest.

We need 3 quality additions -a central midsfielde a winger and a right back. Plus sign mccarton on a perm

Let’s smash the concrete cow brigade!

Come on you imps!

So far the cup run has probably paid for McCartan's transfer fee. Holding a big team at a televised SB before a big payday in the replay wouldn't go amiss.

What we need is another win and then a televised draw against a PL team. Quids in and we can concentrate on getting promotion.

£135,500 for winning a third round tie now. That is a huge incentive in addition to the £54,000 for a win today.

Should have cleared £75,000 + today including gate receipts. Money probably not budgeted for either. UTI.

Enjoyable game and good footi played by both sides, made up for the downer of the social media dross in the week. Just to say both Rheady and Akinde played really well in their own ways. Akinde got great encouragement from the crowd, pleased for the bloke and well deserved goal. No real weak link today, Freck not 100% but getting there, easy to pick out Andrade and Vickers as men of the match, but Pett did a lot of the mucky work in mid field and looked dangerous going forward. He always likes to try to cover his own mistakes. Harry was much better second half when he got further forward, a big improvement on recent performances, 100% effort. Mention the ref, did well, no bookings when there could have been 3/4, let the game flow when he could, decent.
UTI.

Great result today and to be back in the third round of the FA Cup again. If the match is at home, then would the tickets even get to general sale? Does anyone know how many season ticket holders, MyImps and Junior Imps memberships have been sold this season?

Great result today and to be back in the third round of the FA Cup again. If the match is at home, then would the tickets even get to general sale? Does anyone know how many season ticket holders, MyImps and Junior Imps memberships have been sold this season?
The answer is yes they would go on general sale! Season tickets total was @6300 and trust me somebody will not be able to go early january! I dont know the other numbers im afraid.

There certainly won't be queues around the ground for tickets like two years ago.

I just wondered as I can't see many people wanting to miss a home game if we were lucky enough to draw the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Spurs etc. There must be plenty of MyImps and Junior Imps members, who don't go to all games, hence they don't have season tickets, but they wouldn't want to miss a big cup game.

I think it is a 15% allowance for away teams in the FA Cup, which would be great if we are drawn away, but wouldn't leave many spare home seats at Sincil Bank either as the Stacey West would be pretty full of away fans.

Spurs away at their new ground would be amazing - fingers crossed for a lucky draw! Happy Days! Up the Imps!

There certainly won't be queues around the ground for tickets like two years ago.

I just wondered as I can't see many people wanting to miss a home game if we were lucky enough to draw the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Spurs etc. There must be plenty of MyImps and Junior Imps members, who don't go to all games, hence they don't have season tickets, but they wouldn't want to miss a big cup game.

I think it is a 15% allowance for away teams in the FA Cup, which would be great if we are drawn away, but wouldn't leave many spare home seats at Sincil Bank either as the Stacey West would be pretty full of away fans.

Spurs away at their new ground would be amazing - fingers crossed for a lucky draw! Happy Days! Up the Imps!
Have to admit Spurs away at the new ground 4th or 5th round would be superb.I think the 3rd round might be abit to early for it opening,i did a facebook ground tour the other day it looks a fantastic new ground!