Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Carlisle United

Always love the FA cup good English footballing tradition. Chance to scoop 54k worth of prize money at stake, all will help with what we want to achieve.

Tuesday's gone and today is the start of the rest of the season, as it is after every game. A win today and we look forward to a possible lucrative third round tie. What's not to look forward to? UTI, as always.

Up for this one, although keeping aspirations reasonably in check. Possibly the start of another decent cup run and some more money in the coffers but need to focus on getting the £54,000 before thinking about the next round.

The wet pitch should suit us, JA should be in his element; I predict a return of confidence and a winning goal.

Up for this one, although keeping aspirations reasonably in check. Possibly the start of another decent cup run and some more money in the coffers but need to focus on getting the £54,000 before thinking about the next round.

The wet pitch should suit us, JA should be in his element; I predict a return of confidence and a winning goal.

It's not stitched on, admittedly, but I still get a buzz from FA Cup games and it's not often we reach the heady heights of round two, barring 2017 obviously ?

£135,500 for winning a third round tie now. That is a huge incentive in addition to the £54,000 for a win today.

The prize money today is double the amount we earned when we beat Oldham two years ago, although we had the TV money on that occasion too.

Just hope today is a happier day after some of the rubbish social media stuff this week. Heres to a good game, come on you Imps !

All I’ve seen on social media is people moaning about people moaning. All a lot of fuss over nothing, and the fact that the Manager has had to field questions about it is frankly embarrassing.

And now I’m moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

Feeling optimistic about this one - the team will be burning to improve on Tuesday's less than sterling performance, we're back at Fortress S.B. and there are a long list of players lining up to add to their goal tallies.

If it's going well, I could see Chappers on later TBH. The lad's ready for this I reckon.

All I’ve seen on social media is people moaning about people moaning. All a lot of fuss over nothing, and the fact that the Manager has had to field questions about it is frankly embarrassing.

And now I’m moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

I’m proper confused
When does a grumble become a moan

Is it correct that the lad that scored for them in the league game isn't eligible?

The chap Neasden no.23 who scored two earlier in the season and looked though he might score every time he got near our goal is on loan from Fleetwood, who are still in the cup. They stopped him from playing in the first round and hopefully the same will apply today.

The chap Neasden no.23 who scored two earlier in the season and looked though he might score every time he got near our goal is on loan from Fleetwood, who are still in the cup. They stopped him from playing in the first round and hopefully the same will apply today.

I think the Echo preview yesterday mentioned he was unavailable.

Ashley Nadesan. Fleetwood have denied Carlisle permission to play him in the FA Cup, period.