Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC

oldgaurd - 31/10/2015 17:37

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 17:32

syimp - 31/10/2015 16:56

Can't win 'em all, so don't write us off just yet. I think most, if not all of the people on here would have settled for 9th at this stage. Season has a long,long way to go. Congratulations to Bromley who,so far, have been the surprise package of this season.

Down to 11th. Long way to go. Nothing set in stone yet.

Agreed , just got back . A hard fought encounter .evenly matched . No worries for me .No doubt the over annalistic posts will pour in any time soon . Two decent teams giving their all.....no complaints

The only complaint from me was the idiot in the middle. He was rubbish. Apparently I am not allowed to have that opinion, though.

Shame there was so many negatives we have lost our first game at home this season ,had two tough games including a midweek one and the knives are out

Ridiculous to blame the ref - some posters on here want to take the blinkers off. Yes, he may have made the odd debatable decision, but he did it against both sides. We were fortunate not to rack up a few more bookings as a couple of our players made a few rash challenges throughout that if they were made Bromley players they would be screaming blue murder.

One game too far for us today. A few tired bodies out there and in the end we were lucky not to lose by a greater margin. How many efforts did they have second half that curled/whistled just wide? And then there was the Farman save. Incredible.

A week off now would recharge the batteries and today's defeat is nothing to get worried about. They were a decent side, especially after the break.

I am not worried about that today, maybe we should of played out the draw. By far the best side first half but we needed that goal. 20 minutes after half time they turned the screw and Farman kept us in it. However, thought we had weathered the storm and I fancied we would sneak it.

Their 5 had Rhead shackled for the entire game. Not wanting to be negative, as I still think we won't be far off the business end of the table, but why keep banging the diagonal ball to him him when it wasn't working?!
As for the game, real game of 2 halves. Problem being they made their 45 minutes pay and could'vehad a hateful if truthbe told. Decent side to be fair even with Anderson.
Agree with MF, think Farman will make us a few quid in January.
Can'tblame the ref. He didn'tmake any game changing decisions, he was just weak. The slight incident late on summed him up for me. Their guy picked the ball up to waste some time, he repeatedly told him to put it down to the point where he threw it away! Not a game changer but typified his weakness by not booking him.
Not the end of the world or our chances, but we do need to look for an alternative route to goal to give us more than a punchers chance at the top.

The Imposter - 31/10/2015 20:47

Ridiculous to blame the ref.

I'm certainly not blaming the ref. We should have taken our chances in the first half. We simply weren't good enough in the second.

In MY opinion the Referee was shocking.

"The only complaint from me was the idiot in the middle. He was rubbish"

I'm sure the Tranmere manager felt exactly the same on Tuesday night, we really can't complain about the ref today after Tuesday...

Sincilbanks - 31/10/2015 21:14

I'm sure the Tranmere manager felt exactly the same on Tuesday night, we really can't complain about the ref today after Tuesday...

People WILL have different opinions. They ARE entitled to do so.

Agree with most on here. A pity the home record has gone, but Bromley looked a decent side and in the end we were edged out. The goal did look a bit soft, but in fairness they had 3 or 4 excellent chances/efforts before that. We on the other hand, struggled to create anything really clear cut, even 1st half when we were well on top.

Definitely an off day for Rhead and Hearn, although given the complete lack of impact the lad on loan from Scunthorpe had, you do wonder whether Hearn might have sniffed out a goal for us had he stayed on.

If there's anything lacking, for me it's a central midfielder with some skill and guile to go with the necessary bite and aggression needed for this league, plus a winger who can be an upgrade on Muldoon. If we can stay in the Cup and there is some money going, that's where I'd like it spent.

Finally, Farman's save really was world class. One of the very very best I've seen at sincil bank. And let's not sell him in January - he's turned into a vital part of what looks like a half-decent side.

Sri can't agree about Muldoon. He was poor in both halves. Admittedly in the first half he went past players but his final ball was always shockingly poor. Until he learns how to deliver an end product he is a liability.

Just my opinion.

Didn't take our chances when on top in the first half and paid the price.
Never keen when I hear the management we've given the lads two days off always seems to backfire and did again today

Can't win 'em all, so don't write us off just yet. I think most, if not all of the people on here would have settled for 9th at this stage. Season has a long,long way to go. Congratulations to Bromley who,so far, have been the surprise package of this season.

Glass half empty as ever;you are such a ray of sunshine. I guess as I have no axe to grind, I'm entitled to err on the side of optimism.

Jules - 31/10/2015 21:17

Sincilbanks - 31/10/2015 21:14

People WILL have different opinions. They ARE entitled to do so.

AND to express them. WITHOUT receiving a heap of UNACCEPTABLE PERSONAL ABUSE in response. (while we're emphasising things).

syimp - 31/10/2015 22:02

Glass half empty as ever;you are such a ray of sunshine. I guess as I have no axe to grind, I'm entitled to err on the side of optimism.

How on earth you interpret my comment as "glass half empty" is quite beyond me. Pre-conceived notions. Again.

Davidimp - 31/10/2015 21:59

Didn't take our chances when on top in the first half and paid the price.
Never keen when I hear the management we've given the lads two days off always seems to backfire and did again today

I much prefer "they've ruined my weekend, now I'm going to ruin theirs".

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 22:17

syimp - 31/10/2015 22:02

How on earth you interpret my comment as "glass half empty" is quite beyond me. Pre-conceived notions. Again.
Agreed. Although to be fair past form may take some time to overcome. Nice to to see your brighter side shining through though.

megimp - 31/10/2015 21:51

Sri can't agree about Muldoon. He was poor in both halves. Admittedly in the first half he went past players but his final ball was always shockingly poor. Until he learns how to deliver an end product he is a liability.

Just my opinion.

Spot on megimp. Showed some good touches, but final ball was terrible. I would be tempted to stick in Robinson in place of him. I haven't been all that impressed with Hawkridge of late to be honest either, but am sure it is just a lull. Impressed by Wood again today. I love the way he gets stuck in.

They lacked a spark as a team today especially after the break. We had the beating of their fullbacks but we consistently put the ball long before that.