Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC

As other posters have said we definitely need a better central midfielder someone like Bressington with a bit of bite and quality that is why I think the Whitehawk game is our most vital game so far this season we need this revenue if we are to push on!!

Warrington Imp - 1/11/2015 07:31

As other posters have said we definitely need a better central midfielder someone like Bressington with a bit of bite and quality that is why I think the Whitehawk game is our most vital game so far this season we need this revenue if we are to push on!!

Wood is the player I think you say we need...

The Imposter - 1/11/2015 08:25

Steve O'Dare - 1/11/2015 08:24

Stevie_imp - 31/10/2015 14:59

Fantastically observed :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:
Unfortunately it wasn't. A Bromley idiot spoiled it.

He certainly did. It did go a bit wrong at the end, though, which was a shame.
Indeed. I think to attempt to replicate the Remembrance Day silence was perhaps a step too far. Great idea but I don't think it works in a football ground. The Lincoln supporters were impeccable in their observance as always!

Stevie_imp - 1/11/2015 10:06

Steve O'Dare - 1/11/2015 08:24

Stevie_imp - 31/10/2015 14:59

Fantastically observed :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:
Unfortunately it wasn't. A Bromley idiot spoiled it.

Really ? Didn't pick it up on the coverage.

Yeh, a clown in the away thought it was a good idea about halfway through to chant something or other. He soon shut up though.

For the first time all season when drawing at home at HT I said I'd take 0-0. Thought they were the better side yesterday. Very quick question, I'm sure we have but I can't think. Have we beaten anyone in the league above us at the time we played them yet?

Did you see the players all collapse to the turf at the final whistle? They couldn't believe they had lost. Remember that feeling and file it away under 'never again'.

Players who really care. For once

Scotimp - 1/11/2015 16:08

Did you see the players all collapse to the turf at the final whistle? They couldn't believe they had lost. Remember that feeling and file it away under 'never again'.

Players who really care. For once

Yes like they'd just lost the play off final. Left nothing on the pitch. I don't think it went un-noticed they quite rightly received a great ovation after the match.

We just came up against a better side on the day. First time I've really seen Rhead effectively nullified - their CB was a giant and played him really well.

Yes I've mentioned this elsewhere and was very good to see but as BJM said and I agree it's all about the reaction to the first home defeat now.

"First time I've really seen Rhead effectively nullified - their CB was a giant and played him really well."

Not always by fair means, Blatant penalty at the Stacey West end, he was physically holding Rhead down like he was arresting him. Two very wise pros though who gave as good as they got , sure their cb will have similar stories to tell.

City's team needs a central midfield player or winger who can run at the opponents' defence and cause panic. City's midfield started to look ragged in the second half when Bromley players ran at them. Looking at City's squad we need another midfielder who can hurt the opponents. Muldoon never quite has the ball under control when he's running with it and when it drops to him it could go anywhere. Hawkridge has no real pace and City are really missing that. Unfortunately, we know that Rhead and Hearn won't be providing that. UTI!

Michael Foley - 2/11/2015 14:22

What about the former Manchester City youngster on trial? Comes highly recommended.

I'd forgotten all about him; is he even still here?

Adam Drury.

From memory, he was going to be with us for at least 3 weeks but not sure when that was.