Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City V Bromley FC

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 22:17

syimp - 31/10/2015 22:02

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 17:32

syimp - 31/10/2015 16:56

Can't win 'em all, so don't write us off just yet. I think most, if not all of the people on here would have settled for 9th at this stage. Season has a long,long way to go. Congratulations to Bromley who,so far, have been the surprise package of this season.

Down to 11th. Long way to go. Nothing set in stone yet.

Glass half empty as ever;you are such a ray of sunshine. I guess as I have no axe to grind, I'm entitled to err on the side of optimism.

How on earth you interpret my comment as "glass half empty" is quite beyond me. Pre-conceived notions. Again.

"Down to 11th....Nothing set in stone yet" implies we are on the slide. If I'm wrong, then it must be the cynic in me assuming the worst of you ;)

Considering the game he had against a strong Leicester City side in one of his first matches at the Bank, Jack Mouldoon has been very poor in the last three games that I have seen him and offered no threat or fear of going past his man and putting a decent ball in.

syimp - 2/11/2015 20:27

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 22:17

syimp - 31/10/2015 22:02

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 17:32

syimp - 31/10/2015 16:56

Can't win 'em all, so don't write us off just yet. I think most, if not all of the people on here would have settled for 9th at this stage. Season has a long,long way to go. Congratulations to Bromley who,so far, have been the surprise package of this season.

Down to 11th. Long way to go. Nothing set in stone yet.

Glass half empty as ever;you are such a ray of sunshine. I guess as I have no axe to grind, I'm entitled to err on the side of optimism.

How on earth you interpret my comment as "glass half empty" is quite beyond me. Pre-conceived notions. Again.

"Down to 11th....Nothing set in stone yet" implies we are on the slide. If I'm wrong, then it must be the cynic in me assuming the worst of you ;)

It implies nothing of the kind. As you know perfectly well. Or ought to.

bbh 11 - 2/11/2015 20:50

Considering the game he had against a strong Leicester City side in one of his first matches at the Bank, Jack Mouldoon has been very poor in the last three games that I have seen him and offered no threat or fear of going past his man and putting a decent ball in.

Maybe him losing his place for a couple of games will shake him up enough to look at his game. We'll see on Sunday!

Have just seen the BT highlights - Emmanuel's shot took a big deflection off Chris Bush, taking the ball just wide of Farman, who got a hand to it. Looked a really soft goal.

...and that save by Farman looked even better in TV, without doubt one of the best saves I have seen anywhere.

I too watched the highlights and have to say we were unlucky not to get something from the game. The stats on the front page back that up with us having 3 times the number of shots on target and the majority of possession.

Oh well still extremely tight. Just need some of those above us to slip up and top 5 beckons.

Some one told me it was 67% Imps possession in the first half, should have been out of sight by then, oh well!

Scotimp - 3/11/2015 10:18

...and that save by Farman looked even better in TV, without doubt one of the best saves I have seen anywhere.

I thought at the time it was a wonderful save and the video evidence backs that up. What makes it even more special is that Farman is diving towards his own goal and manages to push it up and over the bar. Incredible. Just a shame about the soft goal later on.

Stevie_imp - 3/11/2015 10:26

I too watched the highlights and have to say we were unlucky not to get something from the game. The stats on the front page back that up with us having 3 times the number of shots on target and the majority of possession.

Oh well still extremely tight. Just need some of those above us to slip up and top 5 beckons.

After the game tho it didn't have the feeling of not being a fair result. Our chances never really made their keeper work hard but 2nd half they cut us to pieces at times and could easily have scored 4. Hitting the post and bar don't count as shots on target and 2nd half the closest we came was Farmon at the death. 1-0 flattered us on the day.

johnolbe - 3/11/2015 11:49

Stevie_imp - 3/11/2015 10:26

After the game tho it didn't have the feeling of not being a fair result. Our chances never really made their keeper work hard but 2nd half they cut us to pieces at times and could easily have scored 4. Hitting the post and bar don't count as shots on target and 2nd half the closest we came was Farmon at the death. 1-0 flattered us on the day.
Agree with this. Despite our dominance in the first half, we didn't really work the keeper or miss a bag full of sitters. Second half they missed numerous good chances and had one saved that would probably have beaten 90% of keepers in the division and the 2 above!
We weren't hammered, but we were well beaten in the end.