Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Lincoln City

Anyone else see some development during the second half? Ball retention , good link up and finding space with intelligent passing . Also it was good to see young Makka utilised as a Centre Forward at last .The Lad did well. Great goal celebrations with the entire team running to the Bench to celebrate .
It was there first half BUT we were too passive in the play. Same as Stevenage. Second half today we stepped up the pace, Good result.

Very good result. Clearly a lot still to work on. However, it would churlish not to focus on the positives after that.

We stood up to the physical challenge from the opposition far better today than Saturday, for all the talk of Orient being completely different to Stevenage, I thought they were possibly even more direct. We certainly didn't win every header or challenge but we did a much better job of mopping up the second balls and getting a foot in, we were much more aggressive closing them down too.

Jensen had a great game. Made the saves we've become accustomed to, but encouragingly, he seemed to be much more willing to come for crosses and dominate his area.

MS seems have made Makama aware that he's massive and would probably benefit from putting himself about a bit. If that's a sign of things to come, we could finally start to see a really useful player there. Well played young man.

All in all it wasn't perfect by any stretch but the fight was there, the bravery was there and that gave us a foundation to get the late winner. Hopefully confidence will flow back into them players going forward. Encouraging.

You can now nominate your Man of The Match on the link provided below!

Much better 2nd half performance and just about deserved the win in the end. Very pleasing to see us raise our game after what was a pretty dire 1st half performance. Despite not scoring I would say that was Makama's best cameo so far, nice to see a centre forward in a Lincoln shirt putting themselves about, so often we are on the receiving end of it!

If football was just just about defending we weren't abysmal first half
It was clear what Skubala is trying to do BUT the team have spent 18 months learning how to drive one way, they now need to learn how to drive another way.

It was clear what we were trying to do BUT we were too passive in doing it so it ended up disjointed with players not being in the position they needed to be.

Shake up at half time and much better second half. Football is like chess not draughts.

After a bemusing, shapeless and flat first half there was some more urgency and attacking intent in the second half. It left us a bit more open and we rode our luck, in the process giving ourselves a chance of winning the game. On another night we narrowly lose but better to WLD than DDL imo.

Before I went away whenever I saw the Makama cameos he always had one or two quality moments in the game with an occasional bit of Bambi, but was of the opinion there is a skilful, technically good burgeoning teenager. No idea how he has played in the last 6 games but tonight, even though he missed the big chance I saw more of what I personally believe he has in his locker. Against a tiring Orient back three he had them in turmoil at times and along with Jensen made the difference from 0 or 1 points to get all three.

We weren't abysmal- we were 0-0 with one less attempt on target, away from home, than the home team. However we were passive first half. Second half we weren't.
First half was poor from both sides, 2nd much better from both. We'd clearly had a rocket and were better in challenges and on the ball, and all the substitutions made a difference.

A streaky win in some respects but - here goes - results, dear boy, results.